40s+++ August adventures

Hi girls! Quick hello to all, DD is having her drum line over for dinner tonight and I have to get to Costco to get some food for them! Today did Amy Bento's boot camp, it was fun. Hope all is well with everyone, hopefully more time tomorrow! Mary

Sts meso3, week3 back/bi. At this rate (every other day) I will finish just in time for my massage to get all the kinks out. Murphy, I can't do quick movements with head either, more because neck muscles are weak. In fact, I notice (yes it takes me a while to put things together), I notice that riding in car trying to hold my head up against all of DH's crazy acceleration/turns makes my neck tired. He says he's making sure I understand that I can't do the roller coasters at Disney (funny). Anyway, the standing abs has too much movement for me too. There are only a couple ab exercises I can do, thankfully doing other stuff still stabilizes your core (or that's my reasoning). Ronne, not remembering your age is the first sign...haha. After 49 you remember for a while because of the significant birthdays (49 --almost 50, 50 - I made it!, 51- I'm over 50). lol Mary, those kids keep you busy! How many in drum line? She's on snare, correct? I think I remember a snare in a picture. If so, that's a tougher drum! You have to be sharp!

Good Evening,

I did KCM TLC Boxing yesterday and Muscle Up 2 this morning and a walk during my lunch hour.

Ronne-I only remember how old I am because my daughter is 20 years younger.

Today was a rest day. Felt off this morning, I did not sleep much and felt a bit dehydrated. I feel better now.

Mary - I too like shoe shopping...until the bill comes.
Ronne - how was the movie? The previews scare me.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Hello ladies

Mary - sounds like a busy evening!

Lisa - sounds like your massages are getting more spaced out now.

Roxie - that's an easy way to remember!

Murphy - it was a play actually (I did see the film when it came out). The play came first, it's been on stage for 25 years now. I almost got deafened because of DD screaming in my ear! She was petrified :). It was very funny.

Didn't get back till midnight last night, we were all pretty tired. Had a nice evening out though.
Did Kimberley Spreen kickboxing DVD. It was fun and not too hard.

Today was lower body and ab work. My sleep pattern is so off and it is giving me a headache. Of course with my situation, every headache is scary. I am feeling better now, after I got some food in me.

Ronne -I never knew it was a play. That actually sounds interesting. My DD wants to see the movie but the trailer scares her - so that's a no!

Waves to all.

Murphy

Feeling lazy so did 4DS KB cardio only (Murphy this works the core --cathe even says so). Neck is fatigued from various things so took it easy because of that too. I feel like a bobble head at times :) Ronne, soudns like a fun time, my massage lady says 4 weeks seems good especially since I want to do all these various workouts. Murphy, hope you feel better, I hate when my sleep pattern gets off, such a creature of habit! Waves to everyone else, msut get off computer (that contributed to my stupid neck fatigue). I equate it to how my legs feel tired when I try a squat, so when I squatted in teh workout today I knew it was good I did an easy cardio. bye!

Hi all

So, do you reckon Mary is lying under a tower of drums?! I did Xtrain CST Burn Sets premix. Back on the gymnastics run again tonight. Taking a book with me to pass the time.

Murphy - so you managed to find some ab work you can do?

Lisa - we really have to take care of ourselves, even if it is frustrating!

Roxie - good workout, hope the lake was nice.

Good morning! Today did a Tracie Long workout, not quite sure if I liked it. Twins off to school today, little one goes back on Monday. Roxie, hope you had fun at the lake! Lisa, I don't think that cardio is so easy, all those dang jumping jacks! I think my DH drives like yours! We also have to take a tour of a parking lot before we decide where to park, makes me crazy! Murphy, hope you are feeling better today. Ronne, did DD have nightmares? Had work meeting yesterday, back at it next week. I'm going to enjoy these last few days! Mary

Sts ch/sh/tri week 4 meso 2. Was supposed to go up in weight but I couldn't, in fact went down on the drop sets, especially all the shoulder ones! Mary, I do modified jumping Jacks! I've quit feeling like a wimp doing that way. You and your DH seem like a fun couple, I need to see you all in action in Vegas! Ronne, funny lady! I'd ask what you're reading but from another thread about books I think you read deeper stuff than me! Roxie, good going with the workout!

Today was chest and back from 4ds. Tomorrow I plan to do 4ds legs and core. Hey, I was cleared to drive again! Yay? I did some today; it was okay. I guess the old " just like riding a bike" is true.

Roxie - how was the lake? It sounds so nice.
Lisa - 4ds kb is one of my favorites. I can't do all that up and down jumping right now.
Ronne - I was able to find done other ab options. I am still looking for more.
Mary - such Tracie Long video wad it? I like her stuff but have done term in a while. Actually, I may pull them out and try them now. Hmmm.
Jody - what's up?

Hi-fives to all.

Murphy

Hi everyone, I've wanted to say hi but after I read the thread better and I just get distracted - I have about 20 tabs open plus cell phone. Fitness tabs are regarding a rebounder anda kundalini yoga dvd plus I need to get my cathe pre order in. I have NO BUSINESS ordering a rebounder, none. I did 2 mile walk/sprint today and got to have tea and long catch up w/ a friend.
DD doing OK at university, I think, she texts me periodically. I think she's going to get to do some work at animal sanctuary. I'm seriously proud of her. Go gators.
Lisa that will be a perfect time for Disney. Mary, I guess that is the hazard of having well rounded kids who are involved in stuff, you get to host the drum line! I bet it was fun. Ronne, do you use a tablet to read books? I'd love to get lost in one but all i've got are hiking books and diet/health. Roxie- enjoying the rest of the summer. Murphy, cleared to drive is a good sign.

Hello

Mary - ha! mine too! We drive around until we find the perfect spot!! No, she didn't but she made me come upstairs with her the next night when she got ready for bed!!

Lisa - I'm going to tell you anyway! It's such a cheery list: Patient by Ben Watt, a book about being seriously ill, When I Die by Phillip Gould, a book about dying of cancer and two books about menopause!

Murphy - what about kickboxing as that works the abs quite well? (without the jumping of course ...)

Jody - So is DD in her second year now or has she just started? No, I get books from the library, I hate screens for reading, I like to feel the real thing. That said, I did take my Kindle to Australia as it would have weighed a lot to take 8 books!

Yoga for me today (kundalini actually Jody, it was good!). Baked a cake cos a friend is coming round (blackberry and apple). It's a bank holiday weekend here so we've got Monday off. We're going to a one day music festival on Sunday organised by a friend and then we're staying over with them.
Have a nice weekend everyone!

Hello! Today did some workouts from YouTube, came to about an hour. Ronne, sounds like a fun weekend! We have our community's homecoming weekend, fair, parade, etc this weekend. Tonight football, tomorrow we have to work a booth at the fair, Sunday parade and fair. Busy. Lisa, Vegas! We love Vegas! DH is a bit of a smarty pants, makes me laugh a lot! Jody, I know I get on line and feel like I NEED everything! Murphy, getting back to normal! Yay! Roxie, going to the boat? Have to go shower and go to middle school for orientation, fun times! Mary

Ronne, one of my books (as yet unread) is by Susun Weed New Meno Years the wise woman way. Any chance you have same?
Mary, an Ivy League? cool! That would be awesome, but totally add to the drama of this stage.

Last edited:
I did LIC cardio timesaver, cut the last combo short, it's humid (ugh), my foot hurt (getting better, slowly), the kicker was my left shoulder blade felt like it was ready to knot up, so I took the extra time to stretch and ah, got a crack in my left shoulder blade toward spine (massage lady says it's fine, probably my rib). So glad i stopped so that I don't have that shoulder blade pain and took care of it pronto. Feeling less like a bobble head so feeling pretty good. Ronne, those books look interesting, I'm reading Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel, although it gets high reviews I can't get into it (saw it on a morning tv program), lifes too short to finish a book you aren't into so axed it goes! We just grab first parking spot and walk, too. many. people! Frustrating! Murphy, modify, don't jump (I don't anymore especially if I'm feeling like a bobble head). Tomorrow will be Back/Bi then Sunday a rest day (need it), seems I need more of those now.....sigh

Hi girls! Did everyone have a good weekend? Ours was busy just running from place to place. I did workout tho! Won't be around tomorrow, back to work! Tomorrow is my long day, at least I'm getting it out of the way! Hope all is well with everyone and I will see you on Wednesday! Mary

I took the whole weekend as rest (still walked dog), my neck was really sore. Today I did last leg w/o of sts meso2, hope to do the back/bi tomorrow (lower weights). Mary, we had busy weekend too, DS here and I got the kids together Sunday for food and games. So Tuesdays will be your long work day? I bet everyone will be busy over weekends eeking out the last of summer!

Hi everyone

Mary - sounds like you had a packed, fun weekend. Hope work isn't too much of a shock for you!

Lisa - that book doesn't really sound like my kind of thing ... Don't forget rest is good!

Jody - no I don't have that one. I have a sciencey one called Menopause and an old one by Gail Sheehy called the Silent Passage. Both useful with different kinds of info/approaches. I only wanted to read UK-focused ones really as approaches/medicines etc. can be different.

Did a workout on Sat (C&W cardio only premix) then had two days off. The music festival was great, not necessarily all my kind of music, but it was a good day out and nice to see friends. We were up till 1am so I felt a bit tired yesterday!
Back to work today and workouts. Did RWH LI Hiit, the 1st half 1 and 2nd half 2 premix. It's the first Hiit I've done since holiday, thought I'd ease myself in and it was fine.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.