40s+++ August adventures

fitover40

Cathlete
Happy August! Put in the +'s for those of us going waaaaay past the 40 mark. A couple weeks and I add another year. Yesterday was sts disc11, nothing today but a dog walk. My knee is really bothering me from the hike. Will have massage on Tue will see if the tibialus anterior muscle needs worked out. It helped when I rolled a tennis ball on it yesterday, but it needs professional attention!

I just finished disc 12 ....going into a recovery week. Praying for a speedy recovery for u... make sure u heal properly so there is no debilitating damage.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Good Evening,

I did KCM's Muscle Up 1 Saturday morning and doing those 2 workouts back to back are tough I have major DOMS today. Youngest DD and her DH came down last night and we went to the lake today even thought the boat is not running right.

Lisa-good job with your workout and I go over the hill September 1.

Sts disc12 legs done! Meso1 done! I feel I made really good progress with this meso. Will see how meso 2 goes in a few days. Roxie, I think that will now officially make more than half of us in the next decade! Where did the time go?

Hello! I totatly forgot it's August! I was wondering why no one was posting! Today did Jari, yesterday some barre, other stuff too, just can't recall! Lisa, hope your knee is ok. Time does fly, I don't think about my age, I can't deal with it! I still feel in my 30's tho! Roxie, I saw KCM is filming some new ones? Murphy, how are you? Hello to Ronne and Jody! Hello Vanessa! Not much here, running around with the kids, marching band has started, so lots of back and forth there. We are going to Cincinnati this weekend to visit colleges, go to Kings Island. I am now accepting the fact that the kids will leave us in 12 months, I'm trying to enjoy every moment. I know it will fly by! Good day to all! Mary

Hello! I totatly forgot it's August! I was wondering why no one was posting! Today did Jari, yesterday some barre, other stuff too, just can't recall! Lisa, hope your knee is ok. Time does fly, I don't think about my age, I can't deal with it! I still feel in my 30's tho! Roxie, I saw KCM is filming some new ones? Murphy, how are you? Hello to Ronne and Jody! Hello Vanessa! Not much here, running around with the kids, marching band has started, so lots of back and forth there. We are going to Cincinnati this weekend to visit colleges, go to Kings Island. I am now accepting the fact that the kids will leave us in 12 months, I'm trying to enjoy every moment. I know it will fly by! Good day to all! Mary

Mary-I lnow she said something about another Athletic Conditiong workout but that is all the two pn her website are not new ones.

Good morning! Today did last week's Cathe live, lots of jumping. Beautiful day here, crickets are at full volume! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Yesterday I did HS, today I only did 10 min of CSS and quit. My left foot is starting some PF I think from me walking funny because my right knee hurts. Sigh. Massage was great, she said to keep massaging my front shin (to right of shin bone) the muscle causing me problems is from flexing foot. Well that's the action I did on the pilates reformer jump board that started this, now walking up steep hill (like when I hiked) makes it more inflamed. She also said no roller coasters at Disney world (I made reservations for my BFF burying Dec - - things are still going rough for her, now her 90 yr old dad fell and broke his hip). My c1 vertebrae is still clicking. And now that my neck is loose I do feel a bit wobbling and tired to hold head up. So I'll have to practice restraint! I so love taller coasters! Especially Disney! Mary, you're funny, when does school and work start up again? You have crickets and my resident skunk was back this morning! Almost had another dog/skunk encounter! Not sure why/how it keeps getting in backyard. Roxie, I have leg doms, I used to like them.

God Afternoon,

I did YogaMax ExpressMax 1 when I got home today and I remember why I don't like that one to many downward dogs. DH came into the room when I was in a pose and he said I had nice shoulders good definition. Youngest DD found out today she is pregnant so I will have a new grandbaby in January and April I guess I know how I will be spending my vacations next year.

Lisa-I continually fight PF because I am on my feet all day long that is why I wear special inserts in my shoes.

Mary-we had thunderstorms this morning and its much cooler.

Mary-Kelly just put on her forum that she is filming 2 new workouts the one its Athletic Training 2 the other one she has settled on the name but it sounds pretty good.

Good morning! I did Cathe live....live! It was fun! Lisa, no roller coasters? That's a hard one! I start back after Labor Day, 3 days a week, one of the is 12 hour days! Listen to me complain! We need the extra cash, with senior year, the marching band is going to Disney this year. We have to get 5 of us down there! Hope you are feeling better. Roxie, congrats on another baby! Is that the daughter that recently married? Hello to everyone else! I'll be back on Monday, going to ride coasters, (sorry Lisa!). Good weekend to all! Mary

I did 45 min of spinning. Now my knee is achy, my PF feels ok now, it's mostly just in the morning, hoping it doesn't go into anything more. Roxie, congrats on the new grandbaby! Mary, DS went to Disney world for band his senior year. He got to show everyone the ropes since he knew how it all worked since we went every year when we'd go see my parents. Gosh It's been 13 yrs since I've been now! Yes, it will be different not riding the roller coasters, still hoping I can do one ride in space mountain. I know rockin rollar coaster in MGM (I think it's called something else now), anyway that's too hard (you go upside down), good thing I rode the heck out of it in 2001. We kept riding it to get the perfect picture to purchase :) . I do feel a bit melancholy tonight. My BFF dad just died. Yes 2 weeks 2 days after the mom. Kind of totally unexpected but then they were so in love and given that my own parents died 2 months apart I learned how common it is. Sorry to end on such a sad note but such a beautiful love story.

Hi everyone

I'm now in Port Douglas, Northern Queensland, Australia. It's mid 20s here tropical like the Caribbean gorgeous. I snorkelled at the Great Barrier Reef today, amazing!
Melbourne was low teens, not freezing but you need warm clothes. Darwin was 32-34 everyday. We were in Kakadu National Park which is just a beautiful landscape unlike anything I've seen.
We fly to Sydney on Monday then home next Friday.
I'm sitting on our balcony drinking white wine and listening to the crickets!
Glad to see you're getting the workouts in for me!

Ps love the thread title.

Good Afternoon,

Well I won't be doing yoga again anytime soon my abs were sore to the touch and today I am using a friends tens unit for shoulder blade pain.

Mary-this is the one that just got married she is 27 and they have been together five years so it's not surprising.

My massage therapist says no longer than 30 min. When I did it longer than that my muscles would be sore. She explained that the contraction for longer than 30 min was a long time for the muscles to be contracting/relaxing. YMMV, just be careful and aware it can happen.

My massage therapist says no longer than 30 min. When I did it longer than that my muscles would be sore. She explained that the contraction for longer than 30 min was a long time for the muscles to be contracting/relaxing. YMMV, just be careful and aware it can happen.

Lisa-i didn't realize it shut off after 15 minutes so it probably was 30 minutes total and it didn't really help.

Hi all. Sorry I have been absent. We had work done in the basement and had to disconnect the wi-fi. DH and I were okay but the kids were going crazy at first. I actually wanted to leave it off for a few days but DH caved. Anyway, I did HR UB, lower body blast, bike riding, and I cannot remember beyond that.

Waves to all!

Murphy

I started meso2, back/bi. Murphy good to see you're getting the workouts in. Mary, did you survive the roller coasters? When were you planning Disney? I've been doing research and found a discussion forum of others with disabilities (ie. Neck fusion being one). So much more planning you can do these days! Disney has an app and website to put in an itinerary. Also found DH can get our tickets $50 less and an extra day with his company! Roxie, have you tried foam rolling for the back?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.