$4.57 a gallon

I'm with Diane and the OP in the Bay Area paying $3.90+ for a gallon. I was chuckling at the comment on the MiniVan. I drive a Mini Cooper and it cost me about $45.00 to fill my tank. Of course that's 3 weeks of driving for me, but I work 2 miles from my office and have been known to walk or ride my bike.

In 1999 I drove from Maryland to California with my now DH. I had a Jeep Wrangler at the time. Everywhere we stopped, we paid about $10 to fill the tank. We hit the California border and paid $20.00. DH looked at my dumbfounded expression and said, "Welcome to California". Since we have been paying more, maybe that's why I CAN ride my bike to work and have a shower (I've had 4 jobs since I've been here, and only 1 was not equipped that way). It doesn't mean that we do it - we Californians are still drive the big ole SUV's, even when it's not needed. Crazy, seriously.

I just recently moved from New York a couple of weeks ago and prices were between $3.89 and $3.93. I am now in the Atlanta area and prices are between $3.67 and $3.75.

I'm glad I moved because prices are cheaper but I'm going to be using my car a lot more since I won't be using mass transit.

Marcy

I live in the Olympia/Tacoma, WA area and the gas station closet to my house was $3.76 today. It's terrible.

Laurel

Well, in central IL y'day it was between $3.95- $4.05 depending on which station you were driving by!!!!!! :eek: Ridiculous! x(

What amazes me is how much people complain about gas prices yet it never helps them lighten their lead foot. I was driving at about 70 mph today and the cars were flying by me as if I were at a stand still. Big cars and trucks that require lots o' gas to haul at 85 mph. Gas prices are only going to go up so get used to it. Buy less crap, be more efficient, be thankful for what you have (food pantries are empty these days and there are food riots overseas).

Upstate New york Corning/Elmira area $3.93/gal.
It seems to be going up .02 in the am & pm. I guess we're not so bad compared to England & Australia!!

Yikes
Tami

I live in Forest Hill, MD. About 45 minutes north of Baltimore and I paid $3.95 yesterday. It was almost $60 to fill up my tank.

Steph

In Greenville Michigan right now gas is 3.83 and diesel is 4.59! I have a VW jetta diesel and I get great gas mileage, just figured it out and I am averagin about 46 MPG!!!!!!!!

In Greenville Michigan right now gas is 3.83 and diesel is 4.59! I have a VW jetta diesel and I get great gas mileage, just figured it out and I am averagin about 46 MPG!!!!!!!!

$4.89 in Columbus, Ohio, late last night. That's down from $4.95 but it's probably gone up since I last checked. Lately, it's been common for the price to change twice in one day.

I hope all the people raking in "record profits" are proud of themselves as massive numbers of businesses, which can't afford the cost, are closing down. Way to tank a nation while they live like kings.

3.85 in Southeast Michigan. I can't wait to see how high it jumps this weekend for Memorial Day travelers. I can also remember when gas was under $1.00. I can also remember being upset over spending $70/week on groceries. Now it's almost $200/week!!!!!:eek:

Gas may be more expensive there, but it seems to me that they have better access to walking/biking/mass transit. I can't walk anywhere! It's too far to the grocery, work, the bank, any shopping. We are a slave to our vehicles! I am soo mad and disgruntled with gas prices and the threat/reality of continued increases that I could just spit! I would love to start a protest/boycott of the gas pump! But, we are 100% dependent upon gas/oil in this country. Sorry for the rant, but this has really been bothering more for a while. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.