$4.57 a gallon

Most of my driving is in Silicon Valley (San Jose area of CA) and gas runs about $3.99 a gallon for regular. I actually live halfway between Silicon Valley and Santa Cruz, where the OP mentioned the $4.57 price. I guess I'll stick to buying my gas on this side of the hill. :p

Diane

I don't remember 45cents a gallon but I do remember .89cents!;)

I'm in the Shenandoah Valley, VA - it's $3.49 to $3.55. Bad enough as I travel 30 miles one way to work. I do have a vehicle that goods get gas mileage so I'll stay on the positive side of it:7

I'm in CT also and have seen $3.89 but I don't pay that. Last Saturday I was at the pump in line and at the top of station the price of $3.46 was listed but the pump said $3.54. The worker said that as soon as he has a chance, he's changing the top price to reflect the pump price. I got in just in time but that was LAST week. I wish I had that price THIS week. I still can not comprehend how these increased prices are allowed. We know it's not because of shortage, it's greed but why isn't something being done? I know, I know, money in the right pockets, I guess. Very, very aggravating! x( This deserves another x( ! :)

Hi all,

In northern VA yesterday it was about $3.55 for a gallon of gas and a gallon of diesel was $4.49 yesterday and is going up .10 almost every week and sometimes that in less than a week.

I'm just frustrated because everything is going up and it has to be partly because of fuel costs. The 40lb bag of dogfood yesterday was up $4 from about 3 weeks ago.

Tracy

California is much higher than NYS if what my friend is paying in San Francisco is any indication. I don't even worry about the gas prices any more. It will be the least of our worries as the economy worsens. It seems the more people complain about gas prices the more in denial they seem about the drastic changes that are going to take place in our lives and in the U.S. (as well as the rest of the world). The U.S. government appears to be clueless. Some people are lucky enough to eat let alone gas up their cars. Pick up a newspaper and read what is going on in the rest of the world. It's scary

To add to what Sparrow was saying, home values are decreasing in rural areas and increasing in urban environments, largely in part to the increase in gas prices. The U.S. will require a serious overall in public transportation to cover more rural areas. I only live fifteen minutes from my state's capital but to get to work using public transit I would have to take three different buses and triple my commute time, provided I didn't miss a bus and the buses show up on time (which they are notorious for NOT doing). Too bad we all didn't do something about this impending crisis some twenty years ago....

$ 3.39 here in Phoenix, Arizona. Not too bad compared to what some of you are paying.

I remember when I moved here 12 years ago, gas was 99 cents / gallon, I filled up my Honda Accord for $ 16, now I pay $ 45. Fortunately, I don't have a gas guzzler but if this continues it may be time to get a bicycle with one of those side cars ;) :7 :+

Maybe challenging though peddling my kids to school, my dogs to the doggie park and my clients around town :7

I will need a new car soon and was hoping to get the Volvo XC 90 but the gas mileage is not that great, I may end up with a hybrid.

>Here in CT I filled up yesterday for $3.79 a gallon. But hey,
>listen to this!!!......
>
> I just got back from Belgium yesterday and there they pay by
>the liter. There's approximately 4 liters to a gallon and they
>are paying roughly 1.87 Euros per liter. That's um....about $8
>per gallon of gas!!!!! I was with a woman over there who payed
>over $100 for a tank of gas!!!! Now *I* feel bad about
>complaining!! Gas prices here are nothin' compared to
>Europe!!
>
>Allison

Yep, Allison, they pay a lot more over there. On the other hand, Belgium is about the size of Maryland, so unless they're leaving the country they don't have to drive too far. I remember when we moved to Europe we were shocked by the price of gas (or petrol :)) but we didn't drive nearly as much as we had back in Texas. Plus they had really great public transport in most places. So I don't feel too bad if I complain about gas prices here.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Here in central NY it is 3.69/gallon. We may as well get used to it as it won't be going down for some time and it probably won't ever get below 3.00/gallon again. It is all based on supply and demand. China and India now demand more than ever as they continue to grow. I know that some of it is the fault of our govt and the oil companies but we can't put all of the blame on them.

Wow, thanks everyone for your responses. I guess I'm lucky I work from home, and my kids school is less than 1/2 a mile away. I pretty much ride my bike, or walk, to everything in the small town on Yountville, which is in Napa county. The only time I really have to drive is when I need groceries. I am surprised that California is more than NY though. Prices just keep rising for everything, I took my 2 kids to see Horton Hears a Who and spent $40 for admission, 1 medium popcorn and a bottle of water!

> I am surprised that California is more than NY though.

California imposes a lot more taxes than most any other state, plus we have stricter emission standards and the refineries have to meet those standards. I remember just 10 years ago, when driving down my hill and looking across to the east hills of San Jose - it was a rare day that you could see those hills. The air was that bad. Now, it's only a day or two a year that the smog in the valley reaches those levels. So, I'm grateful for those controls. Plus, if you've ever travelled to many of the countries in Asia (and I'm sure elsewhere), and you see exhaust spewing out the tailpipes, you're happy for emission controls. Heck, I remember in Bangkok, it being smoggy just looking across the street!

Sorry, went off topic there. But as long as we're talking memories, when I got my driver's license, I think gas was about 69 cents a gallon. I remember the outrage when (late '70s) the price jumped to 79 cents a gallon!

Diane

We buy by the litre, so I had to convert as well, and we're paying $4.62-ish. They're predicting it'll be up to around $5.30 by the summer here.

im in england (which is in europe too) and it's about $10 a gallon right now...even though i am american (ive lived here for 7 yrs) our driving lifestyle is not very different. i am near a town with 200k ppl and live 2 miles from the town center...not very much is within walking distance. grocery store is 5 miles. libray is 3, but there's no parking unless you want to walk 1/2 mile each way and pay $4 for the priviledge too. biking/cycling isn't an option when i have a toddler and there's no secure and dry parking. not to mention a lack of cycle lanes on narrow streets... our bus service is slow. the off-peak train to london (which takes 60 min each way) costs $80 or $160 for a peak ticket.

ive also lived on mainland europe and the lifestyle is becoming mroe auto-based all of the time. the cost of living is increasing for everyone worldwide!

Refinery on strike Central Scotland. Only price is up. Diesel local pumps $2.50 a litre. Petrol has little tax on it in the USA. Read an article about farm fertliser prices in a farming paper. Canadian company priduced it and it was 40% cheaper in the USA than in Canada where it was produced. USA has little tax or subsidies on products. Too big a price differential. Don't moan folks you never had it so good. The rest of are being milked dry.

In Western NY we are paying $3.77. It went up.07 on two consecutive days. I pick my son up from his school 15 miles away, and have started to arrange my errand times to be in one fell swoop and in an order that takes up the least amount of miles and idle times in heavy traffic.

I am also not driving my bigger vehicle and taking our teenager car (more fuel efficient) DD is not happy about me taking the car, but too bad. She doesn't need to drive all that often. And I am only taking necessary car trips now too.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Lower Alabama .. in my town it is $3.48 but 1 mile down the road it is $3.57 ..

Panama City, FL ranges from $3.57 - $3.65

x( :-( .. Sad .. Sad!! and we are hearing here it will be $4.00 a gallon by the end of May ... it is like they are trying to "prepare" us for it ... x( :-(

I think the scariest fact is that gas prices will never be cheap, under $3/gal, again. We as a society will need to suck it up and pay whatever the price is. Actually, I'm more floored by the rise in the cost of food & milk, cable, and other things. Too bad my paycheck hasn't increased like these prices have.

>It's ridiculous how high these prices are getting.

You're so right. I find it very depressing.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

Here in Western NY, I paid $3.65 per gallon yesterday. Other prices I had seen were $3.75, $3.67, and $3.71, so when I drove by this station, I had to stop to fill up!

Sherry

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.