30 Day P90X Results

Jeanette-
Glad the info helped!
Normally I use the protein bars as a extra snack if I'm really hungry. I use lots of different ones... I try to find lowest sugar content I can but gotta admit taste is vital for me or I wont eat them. The sugar plays havoc on my blood sugar so I do have to be careful. Most of time I eat 1 a day but split it into 2 servings.
Protein drinks are the same... I like WHEY vs Soy for muscle recovery... I again look for lower sugar ones.... lower carb ones and do them daily as my recovery drink after w/o. I like P90's recovery drink and MetRX but also just whatever I see a Walmart if I'm out or budget is tight. I also never use the full "dose"... 1-1.5 scoops is PLENTY for me at a time. Once in awhile I'll use a chocolate one w/ PB as a "dessert" if I'm really craving.
Lifting weights regularly really has helped my sluggish metabolism... hope it works for you as well.

How FUN! A Tracy w/ a "y".... We could really confuse ourselves with this one.
I'd love a check in for P90X. I was planning on doing that as soon as Tgiving travels were over but totally forgot! I was just going to start it and let anyone who wanted to pop in do so... It might be cool too for all the people starting in January to hear our triumphs, trials & tribulations... Like how my Triceps are FRIED from Wednesdays workout and I thought a Mac Truck fell on my chest from all the "non-weight" chest work.
Lets just do it even if its just us 2 for awhile! Glad you brought it up.
Is it "cool" to do a challenge/checkin here? I really dont have time to wander out of Catheland but dont want to be distasteful either.... What about POWER X'er CheckIn .... I'm not real creative so whatever you decide is fine w/ me!

Thank you, Traci, for some more great information. I've never taken a recovery drink before but will start now. The thing I have to watch out for is sodium in my diet. It just makes me puff up like a balloon. One of my favorite things is eating popcorn with DH at night, but I sure pay for it in the morning, puffy eyes, wrists, allover.

I'm off to Walmart to look for some protein drinks and bars. I reviewed CardioX today and it looks good.

A check in sounds good. I bet there will be others to join in.

Jeanette

Hi,

Glad you want to check in. What if we call it P90X/Cathe cardio. I don't know. I don't want to be distasteful either, but I rarely check other sites. I may be a day or two behind you, tomorrow is the last day of my first recovery week. I did cardio blast from BM and yogaX today. I previewed the next upper body workout and it looks tough. I never thought there were so many ways to do push ups!

A recovery dring is the only thing that has allowed me to continue to workout hard. I stopped it for a few days and saw a huge difference. I don't know what gets into me sometimes......

Tracy

Clean Eating

For those unsure or needing ideas about clean eating, Borders has a couple of Oxygen's Clean Eating issues. One had a lot of recipes along with menus. The other just had menus (2 weeks).

Keep in mind that Oxygen focuses on body builders & nearly all of their advertisers are supplement companies.

The menus & recipes included some ideas for vegetarians.

I can't imagine doing such a tough program on 1600 calories per day!

Debra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.