3 month STS rotation combined with water aerobics??

Krista D.

Hi!
We finally got our swimming pool ready for summer and I was toying with the idea of doing STS 3 month rotation and combining it with water aerobics. I taught water aerobics for 6-7 summers and we did boot camp, laps, HIIT, Tabata, and some resistance training with pool noodles and paddles. I was wondering if anyone else has done something similar? I am not necessarily interested in losing weight, just improving tone and definition. Do you think it would be effective? I would greatly appreciate any input, opinions, and ideas! Thanks!!

Funny no one had an answer for you. I took aquatic PT for 6 weeks to help with my knee and spinal stenosis issues. After the PT was over I joined the Y to take advantage of the classes. I found the classes great for helping me out with my arthritics issues but I was very limited in the aerobic intensity I could do in the water because of my issues. I wouldn't be able to do any of the workouts you mentioned in the water but if someone is fit enough and doesn't have any issues working out in the water is great because it gives you more range of motion. I think it'd compliment STS nicely and would be enough of a change to shock your body.

Thanks for your reply! So far, I'm already noticing big changes in my upper body! I was worried it might be too much resistance training, but it seems to be working well.

Thanks for your reply! So far, I'm already noticing big changes in my upper body! I was worried it might be too much resistance training, but it seems to be working well.

I don't teach aqua fitness classes but just wanted to say that I'm happy you are getting great results with your program!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.