I adore the show! The most recent one, that is! I agree that David Tennant was fantastic! I no longer get to watch it unless they show it online. We don't have Direct TV or anything anymore. I'm actually hoping to start getting the series on iTunes at some point! So, I'll have to wait for the new Doctor until it is available on iTunes or Netflix! I also love Torchwood, but, unfortunately, that one didn't last long. At least, I think it's done. Let me know if I'm wrong!

We love Doctor Who! I was downright depressed seeing David Tennant leave last night. But, we felt just as bad when Christopher Eccleston left the show a few years ago. So, we hope to like the new guy too.

I see they have made some improvements compared to this Dr. Who

23.jpg

I know when the 9th Doctor left we were really upset, but really grew to like David Tennent. I think it will be the same with the next Doctor.

As for Torchwood it is not over. The writers decided the the past season would be the 5 part series Children of Earth. It was a really good miniseries, but could never replace an entire season. They are currently planning on returning to the season format with the next season. Does knowing this much about Torchwood mean I don't have a life?

Shayne

Shayne!

You've just made my year! So, does that make you feel better about knowing all that about Torchwood?

I have not been able to watch the Doctor for about 8 months, got rid of my cable. Those thieving bastards!! Anyhow, I thought the next Doctor was going to be a woman!!!!?????

I see they have made some improvements compared to this Dr. Who

23.jpg

Actually Beavs, this is a picture of Tom Baker and he was an excellent Dr. Who, my favourite .I watched this show as a kid growing up in the UK, every Saturday evening, regular as clockwork. It was a classic then and it sounds like it still is now. Each generation that watches it has their own "fave" Dr. Who. Tennant and Eccleston were just a couple in a very long line of distinguished actors playing the role.

Tom Baker is a good actor. You seem to have a found a particularly strange photo of him that makes him look like a lunatic. But then, Dr. Who has always been an off-the-wall character.

Clare

Clare, I'm with you - I loved that particular incarnation of Dr. Who and really haven't watched it since then.

Just found out last night that the character of Jamie Fraser from Diana Gabbaldon's Outlander series is based on a character she saw in a Dr. Who episode.

I thought that was kinda cool. :)

I am a Dr. Who fan myself and I hated watching Tennant leave as the Dr. I almost cried,LOL!! The one that someone posted a picture of was a very good Dr. and he was my favorite for a long time. We will have to see how the new one measures up, he has some BIG shoes to fill.

OMG! I hated Dr. Who as a kid, but only having one TV in the house made it impossible to watch anything mom and dad didn't...Was that the one that carried celery around? Giggle from MN!
MJ

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.