1st Time Road Trippers...

stephaniejoy

Hello!

I am very curious to hear from first time road trippers!!!!! I have never been to Cathe's road trip before (I am planning on going next year). What was your experience like? Were you nervous going into it and not knowing a single person? Did you have a roomate or did you room by yourself? Were the people nice? How were the workouts??? Were they just as tough as her DVD's? Did you get a chance to talk to Cathe? What was that like??

Also, about how much did this cost (TOTAL)??? I would love to hear what your experience was like! It sounds like everyone had a great time!!!

Stephanie

Hey Stephanie

As a 1st time Tripper, all I can say it was a BLAST. There is absolutely nothing to be scared about. Everyone goes at their own pace and if you need to take a break, take a break. No one is watching (well except those maybe on the web cam:p) The purpose is to have FUN, FUN, FUN. I think everyone would like to meet more people so don't be shy going up to someone and saying "hi". Remember, we already have something in common - Cathe!

It is certainly a busy weekend. You're just on the go all day long. I can't believe how fast it went. I would say the workouts were doable with out killing you. Remember, Cathe knows how many workouts we have to fit in. There was also plenty of water and snacks to keep you hydrated and fueled the entire weekend. Can you believe it, they even had a candy table (that I even resisted!) as I was saving myself up for the cake each night!

Okay, I admit, I was too shy to say more than Hi to Cathe from one of her Canadian Fans. But I made sure I got a couple pictures in and "the bomb" was pretending to be a cast member on her studio stage. Your U.S. minutes must be shorter than ours here in Canada I'm sure:D It just seemed to go by way too fast.

With regard to costs, I shared a room plus used my airmiles. I think I spent more $$ buying decent looking workout clothes and of course and more DVD's and t-shirts:D It doesn't have to be an expensive weekend.

Patricia

Hi Stephanie, :)

Another first timer here. :D I was a little nervous initially about the thought of being all alone but that didn't last too long. I had a room to myself but think it would have been nice to room with someone, too. I actually think the first timers might meet more people than the return trippers because we're so desperate to not feel alone. :eek:

I loved the workouts and had no problems keeping up most of the time. ;) Everyone is so focused on trying to hear and follow Cathe that they really pay no attention to the person next to them. In fact, I didn't even know that one of us had taken a fall during the first w/o until she showed up that evening on crutches. :( I guess I was too self-absorbed trying not to do the same thing.

Yes, you do have an opportunity to chat with Cathe although, like Patricia, I didn't feel very comfortable doing so. It just happened that when I was in line, it was always time to do something else and I felt rushed and didn't want to take up any more of her time. Not her fault though. Just bad timing on my part. I would have loved to talk to her.

Oh, I didn't resist the candy table but really need to for awhile. :eek:

Go for it next year! You'll have a blast!

This was my first RT too. I was fortunate enough to share the experience with my sister (also a first timer) And 2 friends (also sisters) on their 2nd RT. Even though I was going with friends, I was still pretty nervous about being able to keep up. I quickly realized that everyone goes at their own pace. I had a BLAST!!!!! I met so many wonderful people and Cathe was amazing! I can't wait to go again next year!

Hi,
I agree w/all the other RT'ers. I wasn't nervous really about going by myself, but wanted to definitely connect with others. I met a couple of nice people, especially at our table. You eat w/the same people at each meal. So, that's nice for bonding.

Had a great time and a BUSY time. It was what I had expected - great workouts (challenging, but not as tough as her dvds). Food was good, DJ was fun, stepping w/Cathe on her "set" was also real fun.

I also didn't want to impose on Cathe, but finally got the chance Sat. to have her sign my road trip Who's Who and she was extremely friendly and approachable:rolleyes:

One of my best times was at the diner, all the crew showed up and we got to take pics/w the whole crew. I told them I was in heaven now!! :cool:

I talked to all the cast who was very down-to-earth and friendly. I didn't want to leave!

For $$, I used airmiles, spent about $250 on hotel and $50 for transportation to and from the hotel. I think the RT is $249? Forgot! All I can tell you is you get more than your $$ worth!

Hope you go next year!

I had so much fun. The first thing that happened while I was waiting for the bus to the gym was someone passes out Buckeyes (cookies) to everyone. How welcoming to the new people. And they were delicious too. The workouts were great. They definitely got my heart rate up and made me sore the next day but they were not too difficult to follow and she didn't do 8 billion reps of things. Actually the workouts were perfect. She planned it so that we did cardio and upper body Fri and then saved lower body for Sat afternoon and kickboxing for sun morning. The structuring was great so that my entire body was worked yet I wasn't wiped out either. I also met so many nice people.

If you can go next year do so. It was well worth it!

I had so much fun. The first thing that happened while I was waiting for the bus to the gym was someone passes out Buckeyes (cookies) to everyone. How welcoming to the new people.
If you can go next year do so. It was well worth it!

Hey that was ME passing out those cookies! SO glad you enjoyed them mabdoo - hope everyone else did as well. :):)

This was my 4th RT and each one just gets better. I have to say that while some of us repeaters held back, so as to let the first timers have more of an opportunity to chat with Cathe and crew - the thrill of hanging out with them, working with them, laughing with them, and realizing how genuine they all are - that NEVER gets old. I still cry like a baby when it's over. GO GO GO if you have the chance. You will NOT regret it.

Hey that was ME passing out those cookies! SO glad you enjoyed them mabdoo - hope everyone else did as well. :):)

This was my 4th RT and each one just gets better. I have to say that while some of us repeaters held back, so as to let the first timers have more of an opportunity to chat with Cathe and crew - the thrill of hanging out with them, working with them, laughing with them, and realizing how genuine they all are - that NEVER gets old. I still cry like a baby when it's over. GO GO GO if you have the chance. You will NOT regret it.

That was really thoughtful and much appreciated. It was tempting to stand there and pick Cathe's brain, but I managed to control myself and just get my picture or autograph, say a few words, and move on so the people behind me would have a chance.

I did make it a point to get toward the front and middle of the Saturday morning step class, which was a total blast, but took heed of the advice given in another thread to try to share the wealth and made sure to stay to the back and sides in the other workouts to give others the chance to be able to better see and hear Cathe.

Road Trip: $279
Airline : $197
Transport: $50
New workout clothes and shoes :$450 (over a 5 month period)
cathe merchandise: $40.00
Meeting Cathe,crew,and exercising with 104 other cathletes for a second time:

PRICELESS
I will do it all over again

Suzette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.