19 YEARS OF SOBRIETY!

Way to go A-Jock. How lucky you are that you made some good choices and stuck with them. Alcohol & drugs have ruined so many people. Glad you are not one of them. I don't know you but I feel like I do you always have the best post- sound advise -and great mish moshes to boot.
Susan

To Red-MCT/Marie, and Beth1/Caren, my heartfelt thanks to two more sisters on the same road. And congratulations back to the both of you!

The more I go through this weird, winding road called Life, the more I feel that being an alcoholic has been the single greatest blessing ever. Going sober forced me to realize that life is a one-day-at-a-time proposition, and progress is one step at a time for the rest of my life, not one magic leap and then I'm done Same with the practice of fitness. It's a one-day-at-a-time deal, with incremental steps to increase fitness capabilities, and the accumulation of those daily decisions lead to profound benefits over the long term.

Also, what being an alcoholic has taught me that I apply to other life matters is: most real solutions to real problems ARE simple. In fact, the best solutions are the simplest. You either do the workout or you don't, and reap the benefits or the consequences. You either take the drink or you don't, and reap the consequences or the benefits. This old bald head hasn't really seen the need to go much beyond the A-B-C, See-Spot-Run, Keep-It-Simple-Stupid approach to daily life with either sobriety or exercise.

You go, sistahs! Thanks for posting!

A-Jock

A-Jock! I'm late, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I very much admire your willpower and inner strength! I wish you many more years of it!

jes:7

I like seeing that I have others sharing this disease with me and that we choose to have a positive "obsession" these days (if you will).. I also have an extremely addictive personality, but doesn't it feel good to be addicted to something that isn't self destructive? however, I try to work on the obessive and addicting part and more on the "balance" part, but sometimes it's hard.

A-Jock - I remember when I was new (and had no idea you were recovering), I spoke with you on a thread about how to get the most intense Cathe aerobic sessions. I remember you telling me I was a woman after your own heart (or something to that nature) and now I see why we are so similar with wanting that heart pounding, intense, adrenaline Cathe aerobics! Again, congratulations. Exercise is about the only thing that keeps me sane, stable and clean today.

Lorajc - we do indeed have a lot in common. Maybe love of intensity is something that recovering people share. And, like you, hard-core workouts are what keep me sane. If I don't work out at my normal intensity and frequency, my appetite goes in the toilet, my mood goes in the toilet, everything goes in the toilet and I get sullen, cynical and sluggish. And Cathe workouts are the only thing for me at home!

Keep on keepin' on, sistah! And be on the lookout for my Drill-Max-based mish-mosh (sometime shortly after it's filmed, produced and delivered!).

A-Jock

Annette, an awesome post from an awesome woman about a BEYOND awesome event. :)

I am so proud to "know" you and so proud of you!!! I have always respected your wit & wisdom (in many arenas, not just fitness knowledge), but of all the things I know about you this is by far and away, hands down, the most impressive -- and the most tell-tale. It says a heckuva lot of important things about YOU, girlfriend!

Next year we will celebrate BIG TIME when you hit your TWENTIETH anniversary!!! :)

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-001.gif

I'm late as I've been away.

Congrats on your success. Keep it up. Days drag, but the years fly!

I stopped recreational drugs 27 years ago and I know how hard it can be at times.

Dave

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.