12 WEEK MELTDOWN CHALLENGE

Hey Megadoo! I like your AKA. My niece's name is Megan...I'm going try Megadoo out on her!

Patience is key but CONSISTENCY is critical. We all "slip up" from time to time....binge on "baddies" (healthy, goal-serving foods are "goodies"!) and sometimes you just have to miss a workout. Just be sure the "slip ups" are the exception and healthy eating and consistent workouts are the rule.

I use Designer Whey protein. There are many good ones out there... I would suggest trying to get single serving samples of different kinds and flavors, if possible, until you find one you like. I've always used ice cubes and a banana in my shakes, too, and blend them in an electric blender for a good long time to get the best consistency. Don't fret if you don't find one you like...a lot of people don't like protein shakes. There are many other excellent sources of protein...egg whites (I eat about 3 dozen egg whites a week!), chicken breast, turkey breast, sirloin steak, tuna, other types of fresh fish, and cottage cheese. I know you said you couldn't eat cottage cheese, but again, there are different types and a lot of good things you can mix into it to improve the palatability. Alternatively, you could add protein powder to yogurt to boost its protein content.

I've posted links to my 12 Week Meltdown Challenge and current journals in the post above this one if you're interested in looking at my workout routines. I don't log my food...that's one of my current goals.

Best of luck achieving your fitness goals...there are many knowledgeable people living the lifestyle here to help you!

~ Kim

Thanks for the reply. My mom has called me Megadoo since I was a kid. Just kinda stuck!
That was some good ideas with the protien shakes, and the meat. Thnaks. I will check out your wo logs and such. I really have felt the strong want to keep this up, and I feel great. I can see progress and that is the best motivator! Seeing that the results are possible, makes me feel good. Thanks again for sharing. I will keep you updated with my progress.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/163/.png[/img] [/url]

Hi OBM! First of all, I want to tell you congratulations! You look fantastic! What a great achievement.

I have already been doing weeks on/off using Cathe's Gym Styles, which I really enjoy doing, and usually just walking my dog for cardio. Do you mind if I ask how many times per week you did cardio, and for how many minutes, to assist you in your goal? I have a feeling I am going to need to increase mine some, or at least add some additional intensity.

Thanks, and again, congratulations!

>Hi OBM! First of all, I want to tell you congratulations!
>You look fantastic! What a great achievement.
>
>I have already been doing weeks on/off using Cathe's Gym
>Styles, which I really enjoy doing, and usually just walking
>my dog for cardio. Do you mind if I ask how many times per
>week you did cardio, and for how many minutes, to assist you
>in your goal? I have a feeling I am going to need to increase
>mine some, or at least add some additional intensity.
>
>Thanks, and again, congratulations!

Hi Meganmm! Sorry for the delay in responding! During the Meltdown Challenge, the first 7-8 weeks I alternated cardio and weight-training days and took one day completely OFF. The last 5 or 4 weeks, I did fasted HIIT cardio daily for 30 mins in the AM (60 minutes 1x/week) and weight trained in the afternoon.

I am currently doing cardio 40 mins 2-3x/week and weight-training 3x/week - one full day of rest.

The amount of cardio you should do depends on your current stats and goals. Drop me a PM if I can be of any help! Best wishes in your fitness journey!

you look great healthy looking body i hate the too skinny look. You looked like your body was pretty toned in the before picture too the main improvement was your tummy in the after picture and posture looks better in the after picture god bless you and keep up the good work mary

>Kim, I was reading through your journal. What does NRL stand
>for?
>Jo

Hi Jo -
NRL stands for a book titled: The New Rules of Lifting by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove.

>you look great healthy looking body i hate the too skinny
>look. You looked like your body was pretty toned in the before
>picture too the main improvement was your tummy in the after
>picture and posture looks better in the after picture god
>bless you and keep up the good work mary

Thanks, Mary. Yes, I did have a good foundation on which to build but things were going to "pot" (and butt!) fast that's why I signed on for the Meltdown. Thank you for your kind words and God bles you, too.

I am so impressed by your achievement!! You look realy great, It shows us women that nothing is impossible. You inspired me so much that purchased my FIRST tapes of Slow & Heavy. These would be my first purchase of any of Cathe's tapes. I am waiting to receive them. I'm 5'4 also, but I'm at 158lbs. I have lost 4 pounds/ 1 pound a week by moitoring my eating and running. But your story really inspired me to try out the tapes. Since the only tapes I will have is the Slow & Heavy what else do you suggest I purchase or do?

Hello BackToFit! Congratulations on your very sensible and consistent weightloss. I really like Cathe's Gym Style series. If your able to only build your library one workout at a time. I would suggest Muscle Max as it ia a total body workout. Alternatively, Pyramid Style Upper & Lower Body is a nice compliment to Slow & Heavy. I would also recommend any of Cathe's circuit style workouts or a cardio workouts to alternate with your running. Have a you checked out her 4 new DVDs?

Thank you for your kind words and GOOD LUCK with your fitness goals. You're off to a fantastic start.

Hello, I just recieved the CTX DVD and there is a lot going on in just those to CDs, its great. But I will be looking into the Cathe's new DVD's

Ummmm.....Wow! I wish I could print your pic out and hand it to all of my friends who ask me how I lost weight! As you say, a good program is what it takes, and Cathe provides that. You are a real inspiration and thanks for posting your before and after pics. You look wonderful. Go on girl!!!!

Hello

I'm from the UK and I have just discovered your transformation. Please could I add my congratulations and best wishes for your achievements. You have done soo well!! You look so fantastic and I'm sure you have worked so hard to achieve your gains. Your family must be very proud of you. I hope next year with the help of Cathe's workouts I'll be able to achieve half of your achievements.

Happy New Year to you and your family from the UK.

Love
Laura

>M1 is a protein shake - chocolate whey protein, 1 small
>banana, 8 oz. 1% milk, 8 oz H2O, 4-5 ice cubes,1 heaping
>tablespoon instant coffee. >

DEAR BUFF MOM,

I HAVE BEEN EVES DROPPIN ON THIS THREAD FOR A WHILE NOW AND I JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU FOR THE INFO ON YOUR MEAL 1. I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT AND I DRINK IT ALMOST EVERY MORNING. IT TASTES BETTER THAN ANY OTHER SMOOTHIE I HAVE EVER DRANK. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

YOU LOOK GREAT BY THE WAY. YOUR RESULTS ARE NOTHING SHORT OF AMAZING. I HAVE BUTTS AND GUTS AND I LOVE DOING THE PREMIXES. ESPECIALLY THE ABS AND STABILITY BALL ABS.
ANY WHOO I JUST WANTED TO STOP BY AND LET YOU KNOW I LOVE LOVE YOUR MEAL 1.

SINCERLY,
TANASHA:)

WOW is all I can say!

Congrats to you!!! You must feel like a million bucks, and should!

:)

"Life is too short - Be the best you can be every single day!" :)

Wow, super amazing!!!!!

You said that Upper-Lower Pyramid Workout is a nice compliment to Slow and Heavy. Now, how would you do them both to compliment each other? I have both workouts and I am doing right now just the Upper and Lower Pyramid, which sometimes alternating with Supersets and Muscle Endurance.

Hello Everyone!
Well, I've been at it again! I entered my very first figure competition! The show was on 8/18!

Here's a pic! Check out the difference between this one and the ones at the beginning of the thread. BELIEVE IN THE MAGIC OF YOUR DREAMS! Go get sweaty!

1199550004_b845bbbc41_m-1.jpg

WOW!! Buff Mom you look incredible!! Cudos to you! I didn't read the thread but did you do this all with Cathe's workouts? Could you post a sample workout? You really look amazing. A real inspiration.
You should be so proud of yourself. :)
chrissy

WOW, you look fantastic!! I am just getting back into working out after about a 4 month backslide. Before then I was in fairly decent shape but now my shape is a bit more round than I would like :p

Seeing your pictures is very inspirational! Right now I am struggling just to get back into a regular workout routine, but I think it will help once school starts again on Monday. I do have to be careful because my knees have been bothering me lately and I know a biggie is to clean up my eating. I eat well for the most part (about 85% right now) but I know I can really bump that up.

I just wanted to say thank you for posting those pictures, and especially for showing that you can get into fantastic shape using Cathe's videos!

WOW!! You look absoubtly amazing. Your transformation is incredible. I tried looking at your 12 week Meltdown Challenge from one of your previous links and it wouldn't allow me to get in. I would really appreicate if you could post your meltdown challenge so I can view it,try it and hopefully look like you one day:)

You are an inspiration to all and I applaud you.

Carolyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.