12 Week Challenge Check In 06/12 Week 8

Annabelle2

Cathlete
Well, you will never guess - I am late again!

My HIIT Cardio is upped to 40 minutes for 5 days
Calories and Carbs stay the same and
I have an endurance week and get to do some circuits!

Plan for the Week- I have changed this a hundred times already.....
S - Rest - Done
M - Legs from Ripped and S&L, 40 min HIIT cardio = IMAX2 Intervals 2 - 10, 83 minutes, 400 calories burned HR 103 av/155 Max - Done
T - Cardio Coach with jumprope, step and rebounder
W - ME Bootcamp combo, TJ Fat Blaster
T - Ripped and S&L Upper Body, 40 min HIIT cardio
F - KPC
S - Ripped to the Core, Step Fit

Food For Yesterday
M1 - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 6 egg whites
M2 - 2 oz Canadian bacon, 2 wheat muffins
M3 - 3.5 oz tuna, 2.5 oz potato
M4 - 3 oz tuna, 1/2 tomato, 1 cup grilled squash
M5 - 3 oz venison, large tomato, carrots

I hope you all had a wonderful and restful weekend!

Good Morning Kathy and all who follow!

I have been awake since 4:30 am and out of bed since 5am. BLECH! I had a bad dream and was not able to fall back to sleep since then. :-( I was just about to start this thread but you eeked me out, Kathy! LOL :p

Kathy, so I get the feeling that Karen Sessions tells you week by week what you need to do as far as your diet and your work outs and then you plan accordingly for yourself? Are you finding it relatively easy to create your menu for the week and find appropriate work outs to do? I see you changed your mind a couple of times for this week as far as work outs go! That is always my problem! I'm so indecisive! :p LOL

Jean, Japan...wow! Sounds awesome! Good for you! I would love to just get to Europe one day...Italy and such. My DH is full-blooded Italian and I know he'd love to go as well. Maybe one day...*sigh*. I hate flying though so it would be a very nerve-racking trip!
We didn't get any pics of Joey on the rides :-( ...I didn't even think to bring my camera but I live down the street from this boardwalk so I can get pics at any point this summer!:)

Well today is weights/cardio day. Not sure if this will happen in Circuit form or separate but I have some time to decide that. Joey was still coughing as of last night so if I hear it this morning I have to call the doc. No gym for us until he is better...

It's Monday everyone...Make the best of it!

I am sorry about the bad dream...I hate those, they seem so real. I turn my stats in to Karen each week - she gives me diet and workouts but I told her I had a hard time with the workouts (they are straight weights no videos.......I find it tedious) she told me I could plan my own strength part but I needed to follow her cardio recomendations and her eating because of the trouble with my metabolism - how I blasted it into starvation.....I am veering a little this week - I added some circuits - I miss them and I am not going to go all out on the cardio in them so I think it will be Ok!

I am going to try CC for the first time this week - I could use some tips on what to do, I have no treadmill so I am going to try the rebounder, jumprope and step!

Headed to the shower NOW!

Hey Kathy...I don't have CC but I hear they are great. I use ITrain work outs but they are set up differently that CC. You might want to do a search for the rebounder as I know Katharine has done CC using that in combo with a step and has posted about it. I am horrid at creating my own work outs. I have a rebounder and think it's lots of fun but I have to follow a video or I'm totally lost! LOL I can do minimal weight work w/o a vid but I find it boring that way so don't do that much...

Good morning ladies,

Kathy- i love cc!! i don't have a rebounder so i am unsure of how to use on rebounder. however i've seen threads about it on www.videofitness.com. does karen sessions give you a eating plan each week?

Wendy- sorry you've been up so early. yuck. i can totally relate, i haven't been getting much sleep lately either due to ds#2 being sick. so unfortunately my workouts last week were slacking. i am hoping to rectify that this week.

today- is a leg workout at the gym for me. i can't wait. i love working legs at the gym.

Happy monday (if there is such a thing:D )!!

Good Morning Sunny.

What machines do you use when you work legs at the gym? Do you work your legs heavy?

So I went out yesterday again with mom and bought more flowers!!!:7

Almost $70.00 later :eek: I bought 2 flower boxes and put one on my front railing and one on the deck in the back. I filled the one in the front with purple petunias and a flower called latana. It looks like one larger bloom but if you look closer it's made up of many tiny flowers. It's very pretty. I have it in yellow...I don't even know if it comes in any other color...I literally bought the last one at the store! In the back I used red begonias and yellow marigolds. I am THRILLED that I can actually say my yard looks kinda PRETTY now.:) I have been wanting a pretty yard since I moved in three years ago but was so convinced I'd kill any flower I touched that I never did it. x(

Good Morning Wendy, SunnyD and Kathy. today is going to be gymstyle back, shoulders and biceps with some type of ab work. i finally got TTOM yesterday so now my food cravings will stop. Thank goodness. I have been so hungry. If it isn't nailed down I'm eating it. Some good food, some not so good. Yesterday was all good though.

Wendy- sorry to hear about your dream. I hate when that happens.

Good Morning Kathy, and SunnyD. I'm off to workout.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good morning ladies!! I don't think I checked in yesterday, it was my rest day.

I've been fighting a head cold and winning the battle so far of keeping it to a minimum.

Karen I have the same workout scheduled but I think I might stick with S&H for awhile. My lower back is tight so I might go for a walk later to loosen it up and then do some stretches.

Sorry for not catching up on personals, I woke up late this morning so now my schedule is all goofed up darn it!! x(

Have a great day everyone!!!

Heidi

Holy Cow! I just finished a home-made kickbox circuit and what a work out! I'm good!:p :+ :7 }(

Here's what I did:

kpc w/u
kpc kicking and punching drills (0-21 minutes)
c&w weight section # 1 (21-25 minutes)
ck intenstity drills (25-39 minutes)
c&w weight section # 2 (39-43 minutes)
km blasts 1-5 only *due to time restraints* (43-50 minutes)
c&w weight section # 3 (50-54 minutes)
ctx kickbox cardio only stopping after power lunges (54-106 minutes)
c&w weight section # 4 (106-112 minutes)
c&w stretch

I wanted to include abs at the end too but I just didn't have the time!

HRM:
72 minutes not including w/u or stretch
average hr: 133, peak hr 167, total calories burned 717
:+ }( :7 :+ }( :7 :+ }( :7

I'd say this one warrants saving!;-)

I'll be back for more personals a bit later!:*

This morning was Rythmic Step for me, until the coughing settled in and I had to stop. Getting over some crud I picked up on the trip. I thought since I'm back home from vacation I would be back to a normal routine, but no. My morning started off with a bang or maybe I should say a bark. At 5:30 this morning my older dog is in the middle of the back yard barking. I thought she was trying to get the younger dog to play so I leave her alone. She keeps barking. I go out there and realize she cannot get up. I pick up her up and make her comfortable until I can call the vet at 8:00. I had to leave her at the vet so they can do a work up on her. I hope it is just a pulled muscle or arthitis and nothing serious. We've had her for 14 yrs, so needless to say I'm worried about her. The vet called and they are going to take some xray's just to make sure her joint is not displaced.

Kathy, the Karen Sessions plan sounds very interesting. Is is very expensive?

Wendy, what a work out. Way to burn calories. The flowers sound great.

Sunnydelite, enjoy your gym workout. I have a 2 week pass to a new gym that I need to start this week. It comes with 2 personal training sessions, so I need to try it out.

Heidi, hope the back loosens up. Do you like Slow & Heavy? I have the Fittv version and just can't get into it.

Karen, enjoy the gym style. I need to put that back into my rotation. I haven't done GS in awhile.

Hello to everyone else who checks in later.

Jean

Oh Jean I'm so sorry about your dog. My sister is going through something similiar with her dog Lady. She has a slip disk in her back or somthing like that and she won't move or sleep or anything. They gave her some kind of patch and she was like new for a week and now she is back in pain again. They gave her a cortizone shot but nothing. I hope your dog doesn't have anything to serious. Please let us know. karen
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Hey, I have some time for personals now...:)

Karen: Isn't it such a relief when PMS is over with and you start eating like a "normal" person again instead of a ravenous beast!? LOL It's like we eat and work out 3 weeks a month just to offset the damage done by TTOM! BLECH! Not fair!:p

Heidi: Feel better soon!

Jean: What kind of dog do you have? I hope she's okay.

good afternoon ladies!
today's workout: ran 5miles WHEW!!!

I'm at a workshop right now and I gotta get back and pretend I'm listening. I thought I would check in really quick. so, no personals!

the HOMEMADE kickboxing sounds really good! good job!

take care:)
Gloria

Wendy- when i work legs at the gym i go as heavy as possible. one of my main reasons for joining the gym. i use the hack squat macine, squat rack, deadlifts, leg curl, outer & inner thigh machines, also i do my walking lunges, since there is more space for me to do them at the gym. i work up a good sweat working legs at the gym.
717 calories burn- my, my, my what a workout!! i relate very well to your gardening skills-we just bought our first home almost 2 yrs ago. so last year was my first time ever planting anything. i totally killed every last plant:D . this year i tried again and so far most of the plants/flowers have survived, LOL

jean- give the gym a try. esp. since it is free:D . sorry to hear about your doggie.

I'll say good afternoon now! I hope everyone is having a good day...including our beloved pets! ;-)

I got my walk in, it's been rainy every single day for the past week and half and today was beautiful and sunny. I put on my sunscreen and walked for 50 minutes. Then I came home and did a lot of stretching.

Jean I love S&H for what it does to my muscles. It's the series I always turn to when I want to increase my lean muscle mass. I don't do that tilt thingy she does though because I think it puts a strain on my back. Long rests between sets suit my body type too, for building muscle.

Legs are still sore from Friday's PLB....I guess going as heavy as I could was more effective than I had planned! :p

Heidi

Heidi, I need to give S & H another try. So many workouts to choose from, it gets hard deciding what to use.

Wendy, my dogs are both australian shepherds(both female, 1 is 14 and the other is 6). So for a medium/big dog, 14 is really getting up there for her. The vet called and after the xrays, is pretty sure it is arthritis. The xrays show that she has it really bad in her hips/hind end. They gave her a shot and will give me oral medicine to give her to reduce the inflammation. I can pick her up this afternoon.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Jean

Jean, you might find info on hyaluronic acid interesting for treating arthritis. It might not hurt to get a daily capsule into your 14 year old dog. I picked this link below randomly, just because it gave some good info on it. I plan on starting to take the stuff myself just as an additional health supplement. Now all I need to do is see if I can find it locally, so far not luck. I will try a health food store next! Then online.

http://www.femhealth.com/hyaluronicacid.html

Well further searching found that people do give their dogs hyaluronic acid for joint problems, this was just one site, commercial, but still. A google search will produce more sites.

http://www.lucysbarkery.com/hip-dysplasia.htm

Heidi

Jean,

Your dog and I are probably going to be on the same meds then! :p LOL I recently discovered I have arthritis in my neck and they prescribed me anti-inflammatories to take when it's bothering me.
Hopefully the arthritis won't be bad often. I know mine comes and goes....Best of luck!

I just got my Jari Love, ripped to the core and i can't wait to try it!! Although it will have to wait until sat....:(

Wendy- you have arthritis? i am so sorry to hear that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.