12 Week Challenge Check In 06/08

Annabelle2

Cathlete
Good Morning!!!

Karen - Great workout. When they transfer your Grandmother will you have easy access getting to her? I hope it is a smooth transition for her.

Wendy - I love the Imaxes and I am wishing for a rainy day.....doesn't look like ther is one in site for me!

Heidi - it is a good thing you rested - I was going to do Step Fit today but changed my mind and decided to stick to Karen Session's plan for me.....I really miss my steady state longer cardios. OOOps I like the one you did anyway!

Gloria - Great run and thanks for the encouragement!

Sunny - Thank you! I Hope you get to the gym!!!

Jeanie - Great name! Have a great day!

Looks like everyone worked hard.....I am VERY HAPPY

Beginning Stats Weight 140 BF 29%
1st Week Weight 138.8 BF 28%
05/26/06 Weight 136.8 BF 27.4%
06/02/06 Weight 141.3 BF 28%
06/07/06 Weight 137.4 BF 25.3% !!!!!!!!!!!

Workout for Today:
I used Plyometrics for my HIIT this morning 40 minutes, 254 calories burned, HR 117 av/147 max

Food For Yesterday:
M1 - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 6 egg whites
M2 - 2.5 oz grilled chicken breast, 2 slices home made whole wheat bread
M3 - 3.5 oz grilled chicken breast, 3 oz baked white potato
M4 - 1/2 cup shrimp, 3 cups steamed broccoli
M5 - 3 oz chicken breast, 1 cup spinach and half a tomato
M6 - 3 oz grilled salmon, two slices tomato.

I am happy today and everyone in my house is feeling well - I know I will have a GREAT DAY you ladies do the same!

Kathy, You are doing FANTASTIC! That pesky TTOM was just a temporary set back! You should be proud!:) So why would you be wishing for a rainy day, BTW? Is it anything that warrants a ;) ;)? :7 :7 :7 LOL:7 :7 :7

As I had posted yesterday, I ended up doing Muscle Max yesterday and had no time for cardio. Well, I got cardio in after dinner...IMAX 2 intervals 1-5. I only did it on a 4" step as I don't step much these days and didn't want to kill myself!:p I did fine and probably could have used the 6" after all...next time!:) I wore my HRM but didn't stop the time so it kept ticking through the cool down. x( These are my numbers though:

21 mins---avg hr: 139---pk hr: 163---calories burned: 228

Today it's off to the gym for my steady state long run...I've been doing 3.5 miles and am hoping to bump it up to 4 today. We'll see!}(

Kathy- it sounds like the Karen sessions are really working for you. That is so great. Your bf has really gone down as well as the scale. I am do to take measuremenst but TTOM is late for me. I'm holding on to all kind of weight and bloating. I hope I have a shift like you did.

Wendy- Meet you for the run.

Today for me is a tempo run, along with my pushups ( up to 48 now) and then some yoga. Last day of gymnastics for the girls and me. Yeah!!!
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Karen, How many miles is it today? I will probably be able to grab a shower, do my hair and you'll STILL be running when I'm done! ;)

Marcia, I'm not too worried about speed either but I DO kick it up usually once a week on a shorter run..."just for fun!" ;) }( :)

12-Week Check-in

I am up for the next 12 weeks. I also thought of calling our group “Challengers for Life” because it implies that this is a lifestyle and that we are in this together forever. But I am with you no matter what you call it! :)

I borrowed Tracie Long’s Endurance for Movement, did not like it the first time, and decided to try it one more time Tuesday night before returning it. Not only did I not like it, but I hurt my ankle doing it. x( It got worse overnight, I woke up with a very sore ankle yesterday morning, and it hurt to walk. No workout for me. :-( This is turning out to be an unplanned recovery week for me.

My ankle is still sore but better than yesterday. I can go see my doctor tomorrow if I have no other choice. I am avoiding doctors in general until I get closer to my goal weight. I do not need another lecture about being overweight. Yes, I know I am fat. I am doing something about it.

So much for my plans to get some good workouts done before leaving town. I will have to do a lot of walking to make my connection Saturday. Thankfully, I have a long layover in Dallas so I can take my time.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: 12-Week Check-in

Heather: Sorry you didn't like the vid you borrowed. It stinks that you hurt your ankle but I'm glad you are going to allow it to heal properly before working out again. Can you do floorwork though? I'll bet you can! Maybe you can do abs and some of Cathe's lowerbody floorwork until you leave. Just a thought!:)

Kathy, what great new stats!!!! Congratulations! What you're doing is obviously working. I'm glad to hear everyone in your house is feeling good. Phew!

Wendy, good luck in getting your run up to 4 miles! :)

Karen, those pushups, wow girl you impress me. :eek: I didn't bother with the pushup challenge because my birthday is tomorrow and I swear I can probably only do, well I'm not sure how many, but it ain't much! :p

Heather, shoot, that's too bad about your ankle. I guess that TL workout doesn't agree with you. Try not to be too bummed about it though, you've been working hard and you'll be reaping the benefits of that for awhile.

Today I'll be doing S&H Chest/Back. Then later on hubby and I will go for a walk if it's not raining.

Have a great day everyone! :D

Heidi

Heidi...If you want to join the push up challenge you could have done it for your NEXT Birthday! That was part of the rules! If your B'day was around the corner, it would be for the next one! So go join that challenge girl!:+

*wanders off in search of others to enable!* }( }( }(

LOL! Hmmmm, I'll have to consider this. I'll go see how everyone is doing it and see if I have the guts to join. Thanks Wendy, you butt kicker you! ;-) I mean that with fondness! :D

Heidi

Wendy- I just got done and it was 4.5 miles in 45 min. I'm sweating like a pig.

HeatherB- I have that video. I borrowed it from my sister and it's still sitting here. It' did not look like my cup of tea. Hope you feel better.

Heidi- Today I only got out 40. Two days ago it was 48. I think I need some more recovery.
karen

Ya Karen, I wonder how I would work pushups into my rotation? Every other day? Today in S&H I'll be doing pushups, but it's at the end of the chest segment so you know I won't be pumping a bunch out. Then I shouldn't try again the next day. I guess maybe fitting it in 3 times a week would help?

Heidi

my, my, my today you ladies are a chatty bunch, i love it!:D

Kathy- you are doing fabolous!! you are dropping body fat like crazy. i am so impressed.

wendy- how many miles did you do?

Karen- another great run!! do you mostly run outside?

heidi- go on girl, join the push-up challenge. it never hurts to try:) except for me, who can only do 3 push-ups on my toes:( . am i wrong or did i read you have p90x? tony does a tremendous amount of push-ups. one reason i haven't started a p90x rotation as of yet.

heather- i hope your ankle heals quickly. i bought tlt and didn't like it either.

never got a workout in yesterday. however this evening i am doing the gym for the abs and turbo kick class! i also have cleanmax & laundrymax on the slate for todayx( ..can you say boring.

Sunny D- Have fun with the laundry max and clean max. A necessary evil. Usually I run outside one day a week being that I have three kids ( all girls) that I home school. So it's treadmill for me. I do get out once a week for my long run which right now is max 10 miles. My dh and girls go with me on that long run. Dh bikes with the baby in her seat ( she is 4) and my 7 and 9 yo ride there bikes along side of me. They are up to 9 miles all of them. I'm going to start to train for a half marathon come July so I need to get my long runs up to at least 13 miles. The half is Oct 14. So I have some time.
karen

Hi all.

Well, I did it!!! 4 miles in 45 minutes! YEAH!:+ :7 :+ :7 :+
I had to pause the TM for a couple of minutes in the middle cause my MP3 player crapped out on me. x( It doesn't appear to be very good quality...I continually have problems with it. DH gave it to me as a B'day gift too so I feel horrible about that.

HRM: 45 mins---avg hr 151---peak hr 169---cals burned 557

Karen: I see that you will be training for a half soon. That is fantastic! Best of luck!

Sunny: I know laundrymax all too well. Like Karen said...a neccessary evil...wether we like it or not, right? :p LOL

I got my Ripped and Bryan Kest's power yoga compilation dvds in the mail today! They were waiting for me when I arrived home from the gym! How fitting. }( I previewed a bit of each but can't sit through and entire vid if I'm not doing it. I will give Ripped a try tomorrow and will probably follow it up with some low impact cardio. I'm not quite sure when I'll try the yoga...I'm planning and outdoor run for saturday morning so maybe after that!}(

Hi Sunnyd, I don't have P90X, it's on my wish list, ;-) .

Wendy way to go on the 4 miles!!! That's awesome!

I did S&H Chest/Back, and matched Cathe in weights on the back portion except when she used her 25lbs, and 20lbs with deadlifts....I don't have those sizes yet! I'd better budget for some, or next time I'll have to use my barbell.

Got an e-mail from a woman asking a little about our house (it's on the market through one of those 'for sale by owner' sites). I guess she drove by it earlier and said it looks beautiful. Usually these inquiries don't go anywhere, but we're so tired of this waiting game that I'm hoping we've caught her interest. I hope I hear back from her. Here's to hoping!

Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.