12 Week Challenge 05/06 Checkin

GOOD MORNING, Karen! GOOD LUCK today! Have fun and enjoy every minute of the event! It's funny about your 'friend', because I got it for my Disney marathon, and every single race between then and my half last weekend! LOL. Guess it's a good luck charm for me! LOL ENJOY!

I did the treadmill tempo run this morning. I extended to warm up because my legs were sore, but got right into it after that. Felt good, logged just under 6 miles. I'll be doing that one again!

Have an awesome weekend, ladies. And remember that just because it's Saturday, does NOT mean you can anything you want. Stay true to your CHALLENGE!

Gayle

Good Morning Karen and Gayle.

Good Luck Karen! I know you'll do GREAT! I can't wait to read about your experience later! WOO HOO!:+ :+ :+

Gayle, glad you enjoyed your tempo run. Enjoy the rest of your day.:)

I have High Step Challenge on tap for today. I wanted to get up w/the chickens to complete it but ofcourse I didn't.x( Now I may have take a rest day today and do HSC tomorrow. I'm heading out the door in about an hour and will be gone most of the day. I don't know if I'll have HSC in me for this evening. LOL

Have a great one everybody!:)

Good Morning Ladies!

I have been up for a while but you were right, not as early as normal. I woke up at 5 then 5:30 but there was no way I was getting up. So I forced myself to go back to sleep and I slept until 7. Not to mention that I had a 2 hour nap yesterday and I was in bed by 10:30 last night.

So I did my workout today. I did a 4 mile run and GS Biceps. I am going to work with DH today. I don't know if I told you gals this but I am working a little extra on the side so we can tuck some money away and pay off a couple of small credit cards. It will be less worry when the baby comes.

Lori:)

Hi all!!

I went to a Cinco deMayo party last night and I did well! I had 2 small tacos and a few chips with cheese dip (maybe 10?). That was too many chips and dip, but I had nothing else and I drank water only. The water part was hard, as someone made margaritas, which I love!

Today will be a run of some sorts after the kids' Tee-Ball game. I will shoot for about 3 miles. Tomorrow is 4 miles with a friend. I will get a mini-workout in there, too.

A nap is in order, too, after the late night last night! I am also almost finished with the latest Nicholas Sparks book, and I will read some today, if I get the time!

Enjoy your rest now, Lori! You deserve it! Your body is making a baby right now. I read somewhere that it is the equivalent to climbing a mountain evey day! Your body is working very hard! Sleep whenever you feel like it!

Karen! I hope your 5K is awesome!

Gayle~ Great job on the tempo run. I want to try that one, too!

Wendy~ Just enjoy your day and do HSC tomorrow if you have to!

Have a super Saturday everyone!
Jenn

Good morning everyone! Karen, I'll be waiting to hear how you made out, I'm excited for you!

Gayle, my best friend is having her 40th birthday party tonight, just a small party with close friends. I might splurge a little but man I'm going to really try to control myself. I was reading through my Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle book last night and Tom says that it takes hard work to get lean (commitment, consistency etc.), so I'm going to work for it!

Wendy, don't kick yourself too hard, maybe you'll be able to get HSC in tonight.

Lori, great workout!! You're smart to work on getting rid of some debt before the baby comes...very wise.

Have a great day everyone! I have CTX Kickbox on the schedule for today, plus some yoga. Hopefully I'll burn lots of calories so I can have some treats tonight.

Heidi :)

good morning challengers!
I haven't worked out yet. Usually, it's the first thing I do. But, it being a saturday, I'm doing a long 6 or 7mile run today. I'm waiting for the gym to open so I can do that. I can't run outside cuz it rained like crazy yesterday and last night. we are flooding!

Karen: good luck w/ the 5k...keep us posted.

Lori: I agree w/ Heidi..take it easy and very smart to pay off some debts.

Wendy: have fun and don't worry about your workouts. Just keep the eating clean,r ight???

Heidi: hope you have a good workout and have fun at the party, ok?? I read that BFFM book. It's hard to be so consistent like that, you know? life just gets in the way sometimes. But, that's what this challenge is for, right? I'm gonna try to make it through this weekend w/out splurging or getting out of control w/ my eating. Wish me luck!!

Gayle: hello:)

hello to eveyone else..long day for me today. Lots to do..getting ready for my nephew's wedding at the end of the month, DD's b-day, getting ready for graduations, communions, and confirmations. Little bit of this and that, you know???

Gotta stay motivated and committed to clean eating and my workouts.

Ladies: I need your support! LOL!!

take care:)
Gloria

Gloria, I couldn't agree more, and even Tom really recommends a cheat meal once a week....but you know what a social gathering is like....way too much food! LOL! Who knows, maybe a little overindulging will fire up the metabolism. Lately my weight has been a little up and down, not by much, but still. Good news is my bf% is down and it looks like I've lost 2lbs in fat weight from 2 weeks ago.

I love this challenge because there's a deadline to it, I think that makes it more motivating. I hope afterwards there's another type of 12 week challenge....goodness knows I'll need help in staying on track for the summer. Maybe it can be a "Take it to the Next Level" challenge! LOL!

Heidi :)

What happened to my post? Have you ever hit the post button but your post doesn't go anywhere? Good thing I copied it so I could retrieve it.

Hello all.

I've been really busy yesterday and I don't even know if I checked in. I'll have to go back and read everyone's post. I won't be getting any formal exercise in this weekend due to running around visiting family. I'll try to eat well and do at least some abs. TOM is here anyway, so my body can use the break. Why some months are worse than others, I'll never know. I'll be back at it first thing Monday, I promise. Considering I have worked out 11 days straight, thanks to this challenge, I'm very proud of myself. Before the challenge I was lucky if I got in 4 days, maybe 5. Now I just really need to work on clean eating. Like Gayle said, it may be the weekend, but that's not an excuse to relax on this challenge.

Heidi, and other's who have read the BFFM book, did you like it and find it helpful? I'm thinking of ordering it and reading on our flight to Japan. What better to do for 15hrs than read something healthy?

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Work hard. Eat Well.

Jean

Hello gals as usual a quick post before heading out the door.
workout today pub chest and back and abs first three set of each exercise real heavy 3-6 reps then lowered wt to complete the pyramid with 12 and 10 reps.I love pub it always gives me some great cuts but I burn out quick because of the intensity.
meals
1-cereal
2-whey shake
3-yogurt
4-whey shake and watermelon (post wt work)
5-going out

good luck karen on your race.I am planning on doing some soon.

Jean, wow, 11 workout days in a row...yes I think your body could benefit from a nice break. As far as consistency goes, I know I've been doing really well with that since this challenge.

As for BFFM, oh my I can't imagine not having it in my possession. It's my fitness "bible". I'm so glad I bought it, it's more than worth the price. We printed it out and I have it on my hard drive and I refer to it often. So yes it would be some great reading for your trip! And Japan?! Nice!

Heidi

I'm copying what I posted in the Runner's Checkin about today. I want to thank each and everyone of you here at this checkin as well for all of your support. It' is so appreciated. I really mean that. So here it goes.

Hi Everybody, I'm back. I just wanted to say this was the most awesome thing I have ever done in my life beside getting married and having kids. I'm telling you, I am so thankful for all of you who said throw the registration in the mail and go for it. My many thanks to all of you for allowing me to have this experience. Ok, here's is how it went. First off when we got there there was an accident right in front of the place. Not very horrible but an accident for all those involved non the less. So they changed the course. It was suppose to be a flat course relatively all the way around. Now with the accident ( Change of Plans) . Things still got off on time but now the course had to go uphill. The first mile was completly uphill and then the rest of the route was able to run as normal. The first hill kicked my butt. It was so so hot and I felt like I was climbing Mt Everest. After I came down the hill which wasn't as steep coming down as it was going up the man said Mile 1 Honey. I smiled. I thought I am so in the moment here. Then I just forged on. I came in at 25:57 and 27th overall. I was thrilled with that. I was so nervouse when the course got changed and then the hill but I DID IT. My kids and husband were saying go mom as I came in and I saw all the people just smile for me. I think there were about 80 runners there and some of those people were amazing. I was in total awe of them. Like you said the first runner was just as important as the last. There was a girl with a hurt leg and I was so proud of her when she came in. It was life changing. So much so that i already registerd for another 5K in two weeks. I'm am so hooked people.

Got to go but I want you to know I'm on cloud nine. The best part was is that my girls said "When we get bigger can we do it with you" I say you bet. I can't wait. I think they are going to do the fun walk at the next one.

Off to make dinner. Sarah- Best Wishes to you for the Big Day.

I'm so happy. I so happpy.

Elaine- what a great time you had. I'm very proud of you. All of us. Thanks for your encouragement. It was nice to know you were all running with me somehow in spirit today.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

IP Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Congratulations Karen! You're VERY encouraging to continue running. I think it's wonderful how your dd look up to you.
Susan C.M.:D

YOU ROCK Karen!!!!! I'm thrilled for you, I can just feel your excitement and the satisfaction of reaching your goal!!! My gosh, you may even inspire me to do something like this some day.

Looking forward to seeing where this all takes you!

Heidi

Just checking in for my day. I did CTX Kickbox. Here's my meals:

1. Go Lean cereal + blueberries, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, soy milk; grapefruit juice
2. Oatmeal pancake with low sugar strawberry jam (my splurge for the day)
3. Tuscan White Bean & Chicken soup
4. Moroccan Lentil Soup + 1 tsp. nat. pb for healthy fat
5. cottage cheese, light havarti cheese

The party we were going to tonight got cancelled so I was able to eat pretty clean for the day.

Heidi

12-Week Check-in

I did not sleep last night between the tornado sirens sounding, fierce wind knocking down trees, and hail slamming against the windows. I rested today and took a long nap. I did not even make it to the grocery store today, so I will have to take care of that tomorrow. I did Rhythmic Step tonight and should sleep like a baby after the second segment of Total Body Stretching.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: 12-Week Check-in

Good for you Heather for getting your workout done after all that! Whew! :eek:

Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.