12 Week Challenge 05-02/ Week 2

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning:)

I am still at work but I am wide awake so I thought I would start this.
What a weird night at work! I doozed off in the chair before 12 0'clock and when I woke up shortly after 12 the power was gone. All that I had was 2 emergency lights in the building.And I am not a lover of the dark! So I managed to fall back to sleep ( the whole airport was dead by the way) and I woke up at 2....then my emergency lights gave out and I needed to pee.Needless to say, I didn't pee until the power came on at 3:30. I woke up alot last night so I think I will go to bed for a couple of hours when I get home.

When I get up I am going to do my workout.Depending on how much time I have, I want to do cardio, legs and triceps. My chest is really sore from yesterdays workout.Im not sure if I will run today or doa video.

Have a good day everyone!
Lori:)

Ooops - I posted out of turn!!!

Well I guess I am an early bird today too!!! MORNING GLORIES!!! That is what my Dad used to say to us early risers!

Lori - I am sorry about your being sleepy but you really made smile with "Pee Power"!!! WOW on the maternity leave - that is excellent!!!! Ours is usually 6 weeks at the most and some places only pay for 3 weeks so some cannot afford it - Way to go Cananda!!! I was really sleepy while pregnant -- I could fall out instantly!

Sunny D - I can't believe but I ate clean yesterday - all day....finally I guess it is in me that I am in a Challenge!!! The May rotation looks fabulous but I am all through with strength for a while -- I am getting a bit "blocky" so I am going to focus on endurance for most of the challenge. I can only do the strength builders like PS, S&H, and GS for a couple of weeks with a long stretch inbetween - I build rather easily!

Sheila - I am curious to hear what you think about the TK -- I can't wait either! Is that PP for PUsh Pull? I think that is a fantastic leg workout and I like the doubles version also!

Karen - I LOVE the pyramids - I do them often - congrats on the weight loss - that is fantastic!!! You will have a LOT of onions!!!!!

Fitmom - Do you live pretty close to a gym with classes? I wish I did -- I live in the boonies and there is not a lot available. Spin class sounds like fun!

Gayle - Fantastic job on your run!! I know you are pleased!!! I am really impressed with all the runners - I am thinking I am the old lady here although I am not a "really old lady"!!! My knees die when I run any more than twice a week and I love sprinting but I really pay for it later. Congrats!

Heidi - Thanks for the recipes -- I am going to make the bread, I love bread but if I watch it I can have it -- I usually have it before noon only and I really look forward to my bread!!! See you made it through Power Circuit!

Gloria - Good deal on your Saturday -- I know you can do it -- are still carb cycling? Is it in your plan? Ever since I changed I have a hard time not eating in the evening but yesterday was good!

Heather - Sadly, coffee is my downfall, I am not drinking so much during the challenge but I can drink a couple of pots a day.....I have been gradually taking it down -- I am now at 2 cups, one in the morning and one after lunch.

Jean - I am in east Texas, in the middle of the piney woods - about halfway between Houston and Dallas - it is really pretty, I was raised in Houston though, it was quite an adjustment - I am an hour and a half away from a decent shopping mall - in every direction!!!!

Heather - Sorry your day was so stressful - Hope today is better! I am not a Monday fan myself!

Well, I changed my whole week -- I really need to focus on endurance and I was but I did Jari Love's Get Ripped this morning for the first time and I LOVE it. It got pretty good reviews and has been called intermediate so I went heavier to begin with and I had a great workout! It is a little shy on legs and abs but I compensated for that and then I ordered her other ones!!!! The new advanced one should be here Wednesday -- So I am going to alternate Long cardios and Total Bodies!!!! I did Ripped and TJ Cardio Party Live this morning Calories burned 342, 85 minutes, HR 96 ave, 149 max.

Eating for yesterday:
B - oatmeal, egg whites, apple, cinnamon
S - oatmeal, egg whites
L - salmon, spinach salad with tomato
S - turkey breast, asparagus
D - Chocolate protein shake and salad with romaine, cucumber, tomatoes, oil and vinegar dressing

Fabulous day!

Good Morning!

I'm up early today also Kathy! I got up at about 6am when DH was leaving for work!:eek: I am back on a good sleep schedule...going to bed no later than 11 so I actually wake up at a HUMAN time!;)

Lori, Your pattern of sleep is so erratic from your job. How long did it take you to get used to that?? Are you tired from being preggo yet? I remember in my first trimester I would come home from work and nap for 2 hours before I did ANYTHING! LOL I only worked out every other day cause my energy level was in the basement. If I wasn't sleeping, I was EATING! UGH! LOL It was tough but once I got into the 2nd trimester things started looking up so don't get discouraged if you're feeling somewhat slug-like!;):)

Kathy, Glad you liked your new work out. I was considering ordering some of the Trainers Edge series from deep discount dvd but I opted for the Mindy Myrlea's gliding pkg instead. It should be here soon. I'm excited to try it. My gym is 10 mins from my home. If it were far I would never have joined cause if it took to long to get to I would never go.

I have PUB on tap for today and I will be adding on some cardio if time allows. I weighed and measured my BF this morning. My weight is the same but my BF has dropped 1.65% since the Challenge start!:+

Morning ladies.
Today will be pub/plb premix.my meals should be close to what I post
1-raisin bran
2-whey shake
3-yogurt
4-hamburger-salad
5-wheyshake
6-?

kathy-it does stand for push pull I love push pull.
wendy- great job on bf

Way to go Wendy on the bf drop. That is the most important set of numbers even though it is still nice to get on the scale and have those numbers move. Logically though it's better to have the bf drop which means your building some mean lean muscle. Way to go!!!!! I did PUB yesterday so enjoy that today and add to that muscle you are building. Way to go.

Kathy- Your workout and food in take have been fantastic. The workouts alone are killer. I was half up when I read the choc protein shake with the romaine lettuce. I thought you put romaine lettuce in your drink. I have heard of spinach but not lettuce. Then i cleared the fog from my eyes and read it correctly. I am a total idiot. Keep going with your eating and working out. We are all giving each other a run for our money. It feels great to be accountable. I know if I didn't check in here I would have been more likely to cheat by now.

Lori- You poor girl. You need a good old sleep for a few good hours deep sleep. You are doing fabulous with your workouts and lack of sleep and body changes. I read after the baby comes your going to run a race. I'll be here for you as those ladies are helping me with my first.

Today is a tempo kick your butt kind of run that Sarah( Ima) gave me. It's about 50 min and 5 miles of nothing but increasing the speed. then I'm off to do 30 minof yoga. Have a good day girls
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Hi, ladies! I only have time to post but will come right back after the schoolbuss and read up!

I'm giving my legs one more day to recover from the weekend before I hit them with weights, so I worked out on the stationary bike this morning....45 minutes, interval.

Somebody commented yesterday aboutt he thread not getting as long as it was. I am in this for THE LONG HAUL! ALL 12 WEEKS, BABY!

Saying that, I think I'm going to go back and read the thread where we all introduced ourselves so I get to know you guys a bit better!

BBL

Gayle

good morning challengers!:)
today's workout:ran 5miles!

Heidi and everyone else: keep posting your meals..love to read that!

Heather: thanks for your support in my eating. Yesterday was a GREAT day as far as eating!

tomorrow's workout: is p90x shoulders and arms! wish me luck and AB ripperX too!

take care:)
Gloria

Just popping in to say hi! Was kinda dodging this check-in b/c I'm not doing so good. LOL. You all are doing great! I'm going to try to be more active in this thread to keep myself motivated.

Question: What can I do to get myself to stay motivated? I really want and need to lose weight but somehow I start off good and then I can't follow through.

Here's my menu for the day:

B: protein shake, 2 pc turkey bacon, 1 lite waffle
S: ff yogurt mixed w/kashi go lean
L: 2oz turkey breast on ww wheat bread w/tomato, kashi go lean crackers and peppers/celery
S: low fat swiss cheese, apple
D: turkey sausage, baked sweet potato, broccoli and red beets
S: cottage cheese/ff yogurt

Workout is: 3.5 mile walk and Bootcamp (was supposed to do that Friday) See how far behind I am on my rotation.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey, Karen...I'd like to take a look at the run that Sarah gave you. Would you mind sharing???

Gayle

Lori, what a night for you!!! Glad you got some sleep in, but what a weird night! :eek:

Kathy, I hope the bread turns out well, I had some yesterday which I hadn't had in awhile and good wholesome bread sure is a treat! Oh and I've heard good stuff about Get Ripped...I love finding new workouts to buy (or atleast pine for!).

Wendy, my gosh that's great about your bf% dropping. I'm too nervous to check mine, even though I've lost a few pounds! :p

Karen, I've got to get some yoga in too, I can tell because I've been neglecting yoga and/or pilates and now my back has too many twinges for my liking.

Gayle, I'm in for the long haul too....I ain't goin' no where! Good going on the stationary bike, I don't last long on those, you sure do need endurance.

Dana, don't dodge the check-in...it exists to help you, not make you feel guilty!! Try to use the ckeck-in itself to motivate you, but don't get caught up in feeling that you are only worthy if you get it all right...that's no good for you! Banish the guilt, just stay connected no matter how you do! Set attainable goals, and then tell us how you did. These ladies are great, we'll be here for you.

Hi Shelia and Gloria! Today is CTX Step & Intervals, and then some sort of flexibility workout gosh darn it! :)

Heidi

C'mon Heidi! Ya GOTTA check it! :+

Shelia: Your food sounds good...can't wait to hear what that 6th meal is gonna be!:9

Karen: Have fun with the run that Sarah gave you! Maybe one day I'll be able to do that!}(

Hi Gayle!:)

Gloria: 5 miles? Good job!

Dana: I don't really know where the motivation comes from except to say that I just feel better after having worked out and eaten right...I guess that's where my motivation stems from...knowing how great I'll feel!

Dana-Heidi had great advice there. I just want to add something....do not think this is easy for any of us. We are ALL working at this on a daily basis. Some days are harder than others, and some are easier than others. The hard days are TOUGH for me, as I am such an emotional eater. I can workout till the cows come home, but once I start a binge, look out! The key for me is to stay organized in all aspects of my life (or at least 95% of the aspects in my life). It took a while for me to realize that organization for me is KEY! Control is KEY! When I have control over my eating and my health, then I have control over my house work, my yard work, my life. AND VICE VERSA! Everything goes hand in hand at my house. THIS IS NOT EASY!

Gayle

Only have a minute. I'll try to check back on my lunch.

This morning I opted for a little more sleep so I only did PUB(up) and the abs portion. The abs weren't part of the FitTV version so I am so glad I bought the DVD.

Hope everyone has a great day. Eat Clean, Workout Hard.

Jean

p.s Kathy, East Texas is beautiful. I live by Fort Worth (boring)

Hi Girls,

I am just getting up, so I had about 2.5 hours of sleep when I got home and of course I forget to turn the phones off so they rang at 9:30! Ugh..s.tupid me..anyway, I think I will feel better once I get moving.

Wendy, I don't know if I am more tired, i think I am but I have been getting up so early in the morning that I am usually tired by 8. I feel more pregnant in the evening then I do all day long.

Karen, I like to think I am doing o.k with my workouts. They are not what they use to be but they aren't going to be, are they? I try to aim for 30-45 mis of cardio and weights. I still haven't gotten legs in this week. I plan on doing something after the baby is born, and i will have all winter to plan for it!

Heidi, i still can't beleive how close we are! How did you come across cathe? I think its by luck when you live in canada

Good morning to everyone else! You are all doing an awesome job!!!! I promise i will post pics to...LOL...lets ee who as the flatter belly!

Lori
:)

Hi Lori, my fellow east coast girl! How I found Cathe? Well if I remember it was the usual way, seeing Firmie's refer to her stuff. As with most Cathe'ites, I started out with the Firm. But once I found Cathe, I was ruined for anything else!

Have you pre-ordered the new workouts from CKSales (dumb question I know!)? I love how they don't charge until it ships.

By the way I was looking at that website from that house you want, and you guys sure have more creativity when it comes to medium size house styles. I wish builders around here could get out of the standard split level rut. Even the split levels where you are are cute!

Heidi
:)

Heidi, there are so many houses going up here, I don't know why.There really isn't anything "booming". My sister just built a huge house on a new st as well but they won't be living back here for another little while yet. The house just looks like a normal split entry but I love the inside! If I ever build, I would build something along those lines...every women loves a big kitchen.So nice and roomy!
I preordered ages ago, I guess that will be my new treat after the baby is born...that should whip me back into shape.
Whats the weather like there? Its a warm one here today, which is odd for us..Im sure we will get another snow fall yet but it won't amount to much.Right now I am enjoying my summers clothes though.

Lori:)

Edited to add, I just finished a 4.5 mile run and triceps. Now I am ready to start my day and I am starting to feel a little better.

Hi ladies,

it's funny i too noticed the thread has been much shorter over the last couple of days. i thought maybe it was just due to the weekend...hmmm

Lori- belly pics, right now i will have to pass LOL

Gayle- i sooooo want a stationary bike at home. and a power cage..come to think of it i want alot of workout gadgets:D

dana-please continue to post. don't dodge. i have been far from perfect since beginning this challenge. however it does help to keep me motivated. plus i enjoy "talking" with all the ladies here.

wendy-i want to try spinning soooooo bad. i think i will check out my local gym and give it a whirl to see if i like it or not. congrats on dropping bf, that's tremendous!!

so far today i went for a 3 mile walk with my baby. later on while he naps i will tackle s&h bi's & tri's.

happy workouts everyone!!

Lori, that split entry you like is sooo sweet, I'd be thrilled to find something like that here. What I pay attention to most is the kitchen too! Gotta have a nice kitchen...and I'm not even a big fan of cooking! LOL! :p

Oh the weather is grey and cold here. We live right on the coast which means cool and foggy summers. We're trying to move just 20 minutes inland so we can have warmer summers!

The ocean air is good for giving us less snow than inland though.

Heidi

Dana - dont' you dare leave us. I told you about the ice cream incident. We all have days and even week like that. Forgive yourself and move on. If you don't then a week from now you will be no better off. This way if you try every day that is somthing in itself. We are here for you.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.