110 lb. Weider barbell/dumbbell set

npuzon

Cathlete
Does anyone have this particular barbell/dumbbell set? Do you know how much the bar weighs? Thanks.

Nette

I have a 110 lb set, it didn't say "Weider", it was the "Cap Barbell 110 lb set" which came with a barbell (15#) and 2-dumbbell handles, collars and 95# worth of plates.

I don't know if it's the same set with a different name?

Donna

Fitness~ it's a journey, not a race!

Where did you 2 find this set at and was it reasonably priced? I'm searching for a set and I want it to be about 100#'s. Thanks - Susan

I have it

I got it at Sports Authority 2 years ago for Christmas. My only complaint is that the bar is only 5' long. If you aren't as tall as me (6') then it probably won't matter much, but I wish my hands could go a tad bit wider on chest presses, and T-bar rows are pretty impossible. I had been using my bros barbell with a 6' bar before he wanted it back and loved it.

Oh, and the bar weighs 10 lbs. You'll definitely want to get those spring collars to go with it. The snap on ones don't fit, and the ones that come with it are a pain.

Andrea

I have a Weider 110 barbell set - I calculated the bar to be about 10 lbs conservatively. It could be anywhere from 10 - 12 but no more than that I think.

I just recently bought the Capp 110 set (LOVE those spring clips!) and the bar is heavier (closer to 15) and longer which is very nice.

Capp barbell...............

Hi Susan,

I got my set from Dunham's Sports (they have an online site also) on sale over a year ago. It was only $49. on sale, and I lucked out because they couldn't find the original bar that sold with the set, so I got to replace it with a 6', 15# bar. The bar alone originally cost $29., so I really got a deal that day! :)

But I remember shopping online for the set and I found it at several sites, modell.com and bigfitness.com were 2 of the other sites, as well as dunhamsports.com, so you may want to surf around and see if you can find it. I know there was another set just slightly heavier than the 110# set, I believe it was a 130# barbell set.

Donna

Fitness~ it's a journey, not a race!

Thanks guys for the info! I have a Dicks and a Dunhams both in my area so I will be checking! Dicks had a sale on a set(can't remember which now!) for $40.00. Thanks again! Susan :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.