11/1 Cathe-ites DAILY challenge !!!

I have always craved dessert after a meal- totally a carb fiend- but early this year I gave up all sweets- cakes, cookies, candy, etc. for Lent (6 weeks). It was tough at first, but doing it for that purpose certainly kept me honest! It also helped me lose some winter fat along with my workouts!

Doreen

I fifnished the water challenge. I will give this one a try. I ate so much candy yesterday that it will probably be easy for me!
LD

>I don't believe enjoying a little piece of cake or other
>treat as bad. Sorry.

I agree. I think I'm going to attempt this, though just for fun. I kind of like challenging myself once in a while.

Just one question: Why does everyone find it necessary to bring in their left over halloween candy to work!?!?!? If I wanted to eat that crap I'd have turned off all my lights last night and kept the stuff for myself. Ugh. That enormous bowl of chocolate in the office kitchen is literally SCREAMING my name. Seriously. I'll see what happens. I may end up giving in and having a piece after lunch. It just makes me happy.

Allison

I'm on board...it will be easy for me because I don't have any candy around! :) We have very few trick or treaters so we didn't buy any this year. I am so relieved! :) Good luck today for those surrounded by temptation!}(

> Just one question: Why does everyone find it necessary to
>bring in their left over halloween candy to work!?!?!? If I
>wanted to eat that crap I'd have turned off all my lights last
>night and kept the stuff for myself. Ugh. That enormous bowl
>of chocolate in the office kitchen is literally SCREAMING my
>name. Seriously. I'll see what happens. I may end up giving in
>and having a piece after lunch. It just makes me happy.

I brought my leftover Halloween candy to work today because I don't want to eat it!!! ;) Seriously though, I'm not try to sabotage everyone's diet, but I'm trying to lose some weight myself and the last thing I need is a huge bowl of candy sitting around at home. I've got plenty of coworkers who don't care about their waistlines who will be more than happy to help me get rid of my extra candy. ;) Just try to ignore the candy in the kitchen. Forget that it's even there. It's not calling your name. It's calling Bob. I can hear it. Can't you? "Booooooooooob... come and eat me.... Boooooooob!" :p

I'm in. I hope the little bit of brown sugar I sprinkled on my steel cut oats this morning doesn't count.

well it is 9:30am and so far so good. But I only got into work like 45 minutes ago ! And it seems EVERYONE brought in their leftvoer candy. OH NO !

Just 1 day !

This is another one of those times that I'm glad I work at home!:)

Just peeling a tangerine as I type (whoops, there goes juice all over the keys!! :7 )

OK I'm in. I have a dentist appointment today so I HAVE to be good,right? What was I thinking making a dentist appointment the day after Halloween? Although once I get home and see all the leftover candy things may get uglyx( What does Cathe say, you can do anything for a minute? Alright, I can do anything for 24 hours:eek:

>What does Cathe say, you can do anything for a minute? Alright, I can do anything for 24 hours:eek: >

YOU may be able to, but I'm not so sure about me. My resolve is quickly dying....I really, really, really need a Starburst......

Allison

>>What does Cathe say, you can do anything for a minute?
>Alright, I can do anything for 24 hours:eek: >
>
>YOU may be able to, but I'm not so sure about me. My resolve
>is quickly dying....I really, really, really need a
>Starburst......
>
>Allison

ALLISON !!! You can do it !!! Walk away...distract yourself !!!

Ok, I did it. I put the starbursts in the office kitchen where the "community bowl of leftover halloween candy" is (which I've already come to terms with as being OFF LIMITS to me.)

I didn't want to throw them away, so I put them in there where I KNOW they'll get eaten very soon.

Wow, that was tough. I really almost gave in. The only thing keeping me going is that it's only for one day. Not forever. I can have some candy tomorrow if I want. I'm just doing this to prove to myself that I can.

Allison

So far so good, but then I overslept and I've only been awake for a couple of hours :p

I've decided that with each new challenge, I'm going to TRY to maintain the old one. for instance, I'm drinking my water today and I've already had 1.5 quarts. Tomorrow I will drink water and avoid sweets, along with with the no cussing or whatever challenge we take on :)

Allison, I'm very proud of you :*

>I've decided that with each new challenge, I'm going to TRY to
>maintain the old one. for instance, I'm drinking my water
>today and I've already had 1.5 quarts. Tomorrow I will drink
>water and avoid sweets, along with with the no cussing or
>whatever challenge we take on :)
>
>Allison, I'm very proud of you :*

Why thank you, Michelle. :)

I am drinking my water today too. I am going to try and get in my 64 oz before I leave work like I did yesterday. So far I'm only down 36....
I can promise you though that I will NOT be following up on the no sweets challenge tomorrow...;)

Allison

I'm in! No sweets! YAY! I need it. I'm also keeping better track of my water. I have it on my To Do list. I'll be fine with the no sweets at work - it's all the candy at home that will be a challenge!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.