100 Pushup Challenge Check-In

1gruntgal

Cathlete
I am starting the Check-In for the 100 pushup challenge since there seems to be a pretty good interest.

For anyone who didn't see the site on the Open Discussion forum, here is the link
http://www.hundredpushups.com/

I did my initial test last night & I was able to do 14 pushups on my toes w/good form.
I am going to start week one on Monday, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm in!

Thanks for starting the thread! I am sooo in! I want to see where it takes me. I could only do 13 with good form. I plan to test 3X week with a day between so it may be diff days each week. Here we goooo!

Hi!
I just finished week 4 and today did 124 pushups !! That's with breaks , and good form on my toes.
My initial test I did 22.
Week 5 looks daunting !!!:eek::(
But before attempting it, I will re-test again to see where I fall. So far I've been in column 3 , but I may fall back to 2 after the test .

Great idea to have this check-in !

Becky

YAY! I'm so excited...this seems even more fun with a group doing it! I've never done a check in before.

I did the initial test a few days ago, and did 35 (although the form on the last two may have been kinda rough.) DH also did the test and did 21. I reminded him that he has more to lift than I do, and I do many more pushups during my regular workouts than he does. (I'm not sure he does any, come to think of it.)

Anyway, I plan to start today. (And when I'm done I definitely plan to order a shirt from cafepress!)

bceogirl, that is awesome! you go girl!

edit: I wonder if I can get DH to check in? He does have a username...we'll see!

Becky, that is AMAZING! Now, I know I have to do this! I couldn't stand waiting til later to start so I did Day 1 already and survived! Here were my numbers (all on my toes too!):

Level 1 : 10
Level 2 : 10
Level 3 : 8
Level 4 : 6
Level 5 : 10 (could have done maybe 1-2 more but my form was starting to fail)

Sooo, here I go. I will either do Day 2 Sunday or Monday.

Jodi, 35 for your initial test? WOW!!!! That would be great if your DH checked in with us. Maybe we can get some other guys involved!

Becky-holy heck, woman! That's fantastic. I want to be like you when I grow up! :)

I'm testing tomorrow morning and wills tart on Monday! WOO HOO! Are we sick for being so excited about PUSH UPS? LOL

Tonight, I'll work on SO and see if I can get him to start this with me.

Gayle

Hi again Everyone !

Thanks for all the compliments, but you all will be saying the same numbers in a few weeks !! Believe me, I am SHOCKED to be able to do 124 pushups!!!! Who'da thunk ???:p
This challenge REALLY works and I am loving seeing such significant progress.

Gayle, my dh was here when I was reading the posts and I read the part you wrote about are we weird for being so excited about pushups and I read it to him and laughed and he answered YES!!!!!! He doesnt' understand my love of working out at all. And I KNOW he won't be joining me anytime soon. :(

Anyway, I love this check-in, where we can cheer eachother on !
Good luck everyone who's just starting !! You CAN do this !!!!!

Have a terrific weekend .

Becky

On my knees in awe of you amazing women!:D
I'm going to test in the AM, I'm guessing maybe 3 on my toes push-ups.
I'll start the program Monday!

Becky (not the super strong Amazon!;))

Okay, day 1 is done. I did C&W and just skipped the chest section since I'd already done a mess o' pushups! (I did the warm up first, then the push ups, then the rest of the workout minus chest.)

Carolyn, you and Carrie should both join us!

Hi guys,
I just completed week 3 day 3 this morning. Ended up doing 124 pushups:eek:!!
I am having a love/hate relationship with the challenge.:confused: I will check in too, it will be fun!:)

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for starting this thread!
I started the challenge 2 weeks ago and did a total of 69 pushups yesterday. It was not too long ago that I could not do ANY pushups on my toes at all!!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.