#10 - Challenge

looking good

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

Figured I get things started early before I leave this morning. I have major DOMS in my chest today from doing STS Disc 13 yesterday and then I did 30 minutes of Body Max. Did not get up this morning to workout....need those extra zzzzzzzzzz :p Later I will do STS 14 Legs and 30 minutes of cardio.

B - oj - 4oz, protein pancakes, coffee (gotta have my coffee :D)
S - apple
L - 2 meatballs and salad
D - some sort of chicken, broccohi, salad.

I had such the cravings for sweets last night BAD!!!!!!!!! but I did not give in :D. First because I was watching Biggest Loser and told myself if they can do so can you! ;) and besides I REALLY want to reach my goals and be able to go in my closets and grab anything out and not worry if it will fit! :mad:

Have a good day Ladies
Therese

I did pretty good yesterday, managed to ignore cookies sitting on the break room table :) I did have 3 bite size pieces of candy after dinner. Workout was kickbox surge and I burned 771 calories.

Meals today are:
m1-oatmeal w/ milk and protein powder, pc toast, 1 T smart balance (the meal plan called for toast and oatmeal but I think it is too much. I was supposed to eat 1/2 c oatmeal but only got 1/4 cup)
m2-greek yogurt, banana
m3-2 bean soup w/ chicken, salad w/ 2 T lite northern italian, 1/2 pita, 1 wedge laughing cow light
m4-1.5 oz cheese
m5-chicken sausage and peppers, 1/2 c rice

I'll have to see how my macros break down. I think I am gonna be high on my carbs.

Therese-way to go on fighting that sweet tooth. It can be very hard to ignore.

Theresa

Morning all! I did Meso 2, Week 4, Disc 24, Back and Biceps today. Last workout from Meso 2. I have a recovery week coming up but I think I'll still do cardio and some yoga. Looking forward to Meso 3! :eek:

Hey ladies! Well, I'm still stuck at 3 lbs. SO FRUSTRATED! And I slipped last night. Had to work late & fell asleep on the couch. For some reason when I fall asleep on the couch I wake up with cravings & often am eating before I even realize it. :confused: I had 3 baby bell cheeses & a handfull of cashews. Still relatively low carb, but I've discovered if I don't do low carb/low cal/low fat I'm pretty much screwed. So today I feel bloated & jiggly.

Headed to the gym tonight for the dreaded leg w/o. Still on the verge of giving up dieting though. I'm a real foodie & this is making me pretty miserable. And to feel guilty over some cheese & nuts.........I just don't know what the point is if I'm not getting results.

Laura - I used to do that all of the time! When I was a single parent, I would fall asleep on the couch and then wake up 11ish and eat a huge bowl of cereal!! And it was never healthy stuff! I was in my early 30s though so I could easily work it off the next day. 15 years later my metabolism isn't so great! At least you stuff that was good for you!!

Debbie - Is this your first time doing STS? Are you doing the program as the 3 1/2 month rotation? How much cardio are you doing a week with it?

Therese -I am getting major chest DOMS with the Meso 1 cycle of STS. Am on the 3rd week now and my chest seems to be the one area that is really getting fried with this workout. Your menu looks great but for me it wouldn't be enough food. I guess that's why I am not losing the weight so quickly:p!

Theresa - what is kickbox surge? And 771 calories??? Wow!!! I never seem to burn that many calories during cardio and it always bums me out. But great job!!

I should be doing cardio today but my PF is not doing well at all. I posted on the OD forum for some advice to figure out where I go from here with it.

[Theresa - what is kickbox surge? And 771 calories??? Wow!!! I never seem to burn that many calories during cardio and it always bums me out. But great job!!

I should be doing cardio today but my PF is not doing well at all. I posted on the OD forum for some advice to figure out where I go from here with it.[/QUOTE]

Debbie-It's Amy Bento's Kickbox Surge. It's a really great kickbox video. My calorie burn is quite high b/c I'm 5'9" and 189 #. I've never had PF but it doesn't sound pleasant. Have you tried coolrunnings.com (or coolrunning.com-I can't remember which one it is) for info on PF?
Laura-I feel your pain on the "diet" and wanting to quit. Maybe it doesn't need to be so all or nothing-if you want nuts and cheese, then go ahead. I'm trying to be les harsh to myself. I would not be this hard on anyone else. There has to be a way to be a foodie and still get the body you want, just try to be patient (I'm telling this to myself at the same time ;)

Food was clean yesterday, but a bit too much. Bought a new nutrition program and it was a real eye opener, as too how much I am really eating.

Having a great day today food wise, so far. Really hoping I can turn this thing around once and for all. So many of you are doing so well and are such an inspiration.

[Theresa - what is kickbox surge? And 771 calories??? Wow!!! I never seem to burn that many calories during cardio and it always bums me out. But great job!!

I should be doing cardio today but my PF is not doing well at all. I posted on the OD forum for some advice to figure out where I go from here with it.

Debbie-It's Amy Bento's Kickbox Surge. It's a really great kickbox video. My calorie burn is quite high b/c I'm 5'9" and 189 #. I've never had PF but it doesn't sound pleasant. Have you tried coolrunnings.com (or coolrunning.com-I can't remember which one it is) for info on PF?
Laura-I feel your pain on the "diet" and wanting to quit. Maybe it doesn't need to be so all or nothing-if you want nuts and cheese, then go ahead. I'm trying to be les harsh to myself. I would not be this hard on anyone else. There has to be a way to be a foodie and still get the body you want, just try to be patient (I'm telling this to myself at the same time ;)[/quote]

Damn girl, that's a serious cal burn! I usually do about 550 w/KB Surge. Her ASC3 is my highest cal burner, something like 650. And such fun!

No, I'm starting to think you cannot be a foodie & get super lean over 40. I could do it pre-40, but I can't seem to do it now. I think it's this wretched combo of a slowing metabolism, genetics & wanting to enjoy a delicious, guilt free meal. I ain't no Padma Lashki. My body wants to pack on the pounds, & I'm getting the impression it's rather pissed at me for trying to lose them.

My body can kiss my flabby ass! :eek::D;)

Hey Debbie....yeah but the problem is I always add as the day goes on depending on how I feel....like today at lunch I was starving :eek::eek: so I had three meatballs skipped the salad and had a slice of bread to wipe up all that lovely sauce!!! Then of course I had the sweet tooth kicking in so I had a yogurt - yoplaits cina. roll...yum yum! better than the ding dongs I was eyeing up :p

SheWolf - Have to agree I probably eat more than I think if I weight my food I would probably be shocked :eek: at what I am really eating.

Debbie - Aren't you loving STS....I did it one time threw all the way. Now I am trying to do STS 1 - week 1, STS 2, week 2, StS 3 Week 3 and continue that way this time to shake things up.

Laura - hang tight girl....I know that feeling I get soooooooooo fustrated when the pds come off than stall or go back up you think why am I hitting my head against the wall

Theresa - holy moly on the calorie burn 771 :eek: All I can say is WAY TO GO!!

Forgot to add to that today was my last Plyo Leg workout. It was 52 minutes and I burned 470 calories.

Laura- Hang in there! I sure hope it's possible to lean out after 40, although OI feel like I have gained this 10 since turning 40!:confused:

Linda-
what program did you get?

Therese-thanks on the calorie burn....do you make your own meatballs or pre-made? Are they big?

Laura-you may try some nutrition software. I started w/ keyoe (keyoe.com) this week and it is really easy and interesting. I was fooling myself to think I was eating in my calorie range. Have you had your thyroid checked? there could truly be a medical reason for the stubborness of pounds.

theresa

Linda-
what program did you get?

Therese-thanks on the calorie burn....do you make your own meatballs or pre-made? Are they big?

Laura-you may try some nutrition software. I started w/ keyoe (keyoe.com) this week and it is really easy and interesting. I was fooling myself to think I was eating in my calorie range. Have you had your thyroid checked? there could truly be a medical reason for the stubborness of pounds.

theresa

Theresa
- I got the Keyoe software

Hi ladies.

771 calorie burn, Damn, that's good.

I just bought Kickbox Surge yesterday after the gleaming reviews from Laura and Debbie. I can't wait to get my hands on it!!

Today was Meso 1 Disc 5, back and tris. I really like these meso 1 workouts. Tomorrow is cardio, KPC I think.

Laura, I know how you feel. I went back in my food/fitness archives, and I am doing the EXACT SAME THINGS I did 3 years ago at 15 pounds less. I just don't know. I thought maybe I was grossly up on the food, or down on the cardio. Nope. Well, maybe that's it...I have to change things up.

Night all.

Theresa - I make my own meatballs....I'm Italian no way I can buy store ones :p ;)....there medium size but I know 3 was more than what a portion size should be but I was soooooooooooo hungry today...I figure better that than those ding dongs!! :D

Wow looks like everyone is doing good:)

Laura, hang in there I know you will lose. I just started to lose after 2 years of trying. Have you tried a different diet? I am on Weight Watcher once again and this time I've added just a little more food then the allow points and that seems to do the trick. I think when I started I was eating way to less. This will be great if I can keep it up:).

Well I am down 1.4lb this week which makes it a total of 5.4lbs.

Today workout was a 3 mile jog outside this morning. It was beautiful out, but later on the wind really pick up.

I will try and check back tomorrow and more often to keep up with everyone. I've been on facebook a lot, LOL.

Okay, I tried to post here yesterday, and it got lost. So hope this one makes it.
I've been logging my food in advance of the day, and it has made a big difference for me with my eating. Okay, maybe a difference, not a big one. I've haven't been eating as much as I put down, and I certainly do not want to be adding. Having to make changes with ink gets everything so messy. It is the stress eating that gets me every time.
Laura, I got two compliments on my hair today! It is was a rainy, frizzy day. Thanks so much.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.