10# Challenge week of Nov 2

cindi1

Cathlete
How was the weekend for everyone? Mine was not so good - could have been worse though!

I'm up a little bit this morning. 150. But I'm back on track today and actually not very hungry because I have a little bit of a cold. That should help with eating - ;)

I'm going to try to lose 1 pound/week to get me to 147 by Thanksgiving. Then I can not worry so much about Thanksgiving dinner.

I read that the average Thanksgiving meal has 3000 calories and people gain an average of 7-10 pounds this time of year. Let's all be the exception to that rule!

Cindi, I'm with you - let's be the exception to the rule!

The scale has not moved. I'm truly getting frustrated and need to take a closer look at my d.i.e.t.!

My 3 kids are home sick with the flu. So, I'm playing nurse. I did a quick kettlebell workout this morning and plan on some cardio later today.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Frustration is my middle name... still no progress with the scale. I'm about to just give up and resign myself to the fact that this crappy weight is what my body wants to weigh.... Sigh....

Shirl, sorry your kids are sick! It's impressive that you were able to get a workout in anyway.

Cindi, sorry you've got a cold. I think your one lb per week sounds like a reasonable plan. Good luck with it! I agree that we all need to be the exception to the holiday weight-gain rule!

Last December 1st I was selected to participate in a beta diet program for Dr. Mark Hyman for his book, Ultramind Solution (I think that's the name...can't remember because I'm old....:eek:) which was coming out in January. Anyways, it was basically eating clean, exercising, cutting out all dairy, sugar, gluten, etc. and also practicing more relaxation like yoga, etc... I was totally bummed to have to do a strict diet regimen for 6 wks during the holidays, but I'll tell ya, instead of gaining weight over Christmas and New Years, I lost 5 lbs without counting calories and felt fabulous! I continued eating clean and combined with working out, I lost 5 more lbs effortlessly by May. Then this summer, July, to be exact, I put it all back on with a few weeks of crappy eating! I KNOW I can lose it again, but I just can't get myself on track. I'm tired of just beating myself up over it... Grrr.... (Just need to point out that I have no connection to Dr. Hyman or his books, etc,. It was just something that I did that worked for me at the time and I had to share the fact that you CAN lose weight during the holidays)

Ok, I'm done venting.... and I'm not going to give up! Tonight's workout will be a blast from the past, The Firm Volume 2, one of my favorite workouts of all time...maybe combined with a little Turbo Jam. Already raked some leaves today, so I can't say I'm not exercising enough!!

I hope everyone has a great evening and week!

Morning Ladies,

Sorry no check in yesterday DS was home with stomach flu....must be going around. Well all this candy in the house is HELL!!!!!!!! and the weekend was not so good but I weight myself this morning and I was 131.8 so I WILL take that because I thought it would be worse :p.

Going to try to incorporate a lot more veg in my diet and control my portions. Back to it today....my excercise this weekend was lots of yard work :eek: which I think counter acted all that candy I ate ;).

Been using daily plate as well just to make me accountable.

Hope you all do well today.....I just going to say candy....I don't see any candy :D:p

Therese

Great job Cindi!!! Keep up the good work!

Denise, def don't give up! That's why we are all here...we can do it! And with all your exercising I know you can do it too :)

LOL with the candy, Therese. I have come to the decision that I'm bringing in all the leftover candy to the office and leaving it on the table in the breakroom. I know I won't be tempted to eat it here; I usually get the cravings at home after 8. Grrr....

Well I had a crappy weekend. Ok let me rephrase: the weekend was awesome and tons of fun but the eating was really REALLY bad!!! I'm scared to weigh myself because not only did I consume huge amts of calories but I'm sure I'm bloated from all that junk too. We went down to Philly last Thurs for my friend's wedding so between the rehearsal dinner, a HUGE bridal party brunch the day-of, and the cocktail hour + meal + 3 desserts (yeah I overdid it) + drinking....WOAH. You'd think I'd be in a fat coma by the time I came back to NY Saturday but nope! Went to my best friend's Halloween party that night and ate & drank waaaaaay too much. So there was a lot of celebrating going on this past weekend and I'm beating myself up over it!!

The good thing is, I worked out pretty frequently on those binge days. Def not enough to counteract the damage but it's better than sitting on my growing butt all day!
Thurs: STS & Low Intensity Circuit Cardio only premix
Fri: danced at the wedding all night
Sat: Rythmic Step
Sun: STS legs & Kick Punch & Crunch
Mon: STS & Low Impact Step

Thanks for posting Melissa! I feared I would have to talk to myself today. I don't drink anymore - it's not so much the calories in the alchohol as it is the food that goes along with the alchohol. I have much better control when I'm not imbibing. Sounds like you had a great time though!

I'm 148.6 today. That's 7.4 pounds down. Really I'm happy to be anywhere between 145-150.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.