1 body part per day heavy weights

I love this suggestion. I really like to lift heavy and I'd like to do a one body part per day (30 mins.) with cardio (30 mins.)

Marcy

I posted this on a different forum, but I concur with your wishes. Here's my post (an idea similar to the one you suggest referring is listed in the ‘Strength Max’ section of my post):

A new series from Cathe featuring (4) DVDs:

DVD 1: Cardio Max, which would feature three intense cardio workouts:
-KP&C II
-Hi/Lo Max
-Imax 4

DVD 2: Strength Max from Cathe:
-Five separate upper body workouts – each focusing on only one body part and using very heavy weights.

DVD 3: Leg Max (this DVD would also include a core workout)

DVD 4: Cardio/Strength Compilation DVD:
This would be like a CTX II combining shorter versions of the Cardio Max workouts each followed by one of the upper body segments from Strength Max as well as a bonus high step cardio segment, and a few bonus ab segments thrown in just for fun.

A couple of thoughts:
I would think that all the workouts could fit on one DVD, perhaps (at least all upper body, so maybe lower body and abs on a second DVD?) With a warm-up and final stretch, each workout would be about 20 minutes of actual weight workout. There could also be a premix for total upper body, combining a bit from each of the upper body worhouts (maybe set up in 'circuit" style, to make the most efficient use of time?).

It would be nice if these were 'stand-alone" workouts that we could use before/after our own cardio choices, or on their own. And if there were no cardio on the upper=body DVD, it would allow space for all the upper body workouts on the one DVD.

Sounds like a great idea! It would be great to keep the reps low and the resistance heavy. Sort of like CTX, but more strength (rather than endurance) based. This might translate well (in a modified form) to Cathe's proposed four-day split series that she said was going to film next.

T

I made this suggestion a while back. So I'm chiming in on this post in hopes for something similar.

Here is my input.

DVD 1- Heavy weight workout.

Set up like CTX upper body DVD: Warm-up, chest, back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, legs, and core. Slow 2 count with at least 1 minute rest periods between sets. 2 sets of 10 reps. Approximately 20 minutes per body part.

Chapters/Premixes/Combos:
*Could be used as one body part per day weight work.
*Could have upper body mix alternating chest & back work.
*Could have upper body mix alternating delts, biceps, and triceps.
*Standing leg work alternating body weigted exercises & free weight work. Followed by leg floor work.
*One set of each exercise for a total body heavy weight workout.

Bonus 20-30 minute stretch workout. Hold stretches a little longer than in stretch max.

jordan

I too like this idea. I would like to see the workouts be
some were around 30-40 min. for each upper body part,on one DVD,with two abs workouts on this DVD so the premixes can have all upper body + abs. The count for this DVD could be a mix of 2/2,4/4, 3/1, 1/3, but no singles just pure controle.
DVD 2: This would have legs and abs in one workout and a cardio workout, maybe a Rhythmic Step 2 or a Step Blast 2. For the legs the count could be the same as the upper body 2/2, 4/4, 3down and 1up but no singles or 1 count down.

I would really like to do cardio and work one body part hard and in everyway possible in one day. Just taking a body part off of one of the other DVD's isn't enough time or reps for the body part to be fully exhausted. I want to know the next day exactly what body part I worked because I can really feel it.

Thank you for all the DVD's you have made and I look forward to any and all new ones you make.
Julie

I just posted something similar to this in another thread but wanted to add it here as well!! I would love this!! Low reps (8-10) and high sets (3 at least) and multiple exercises per part (if it were 1 part per day no problem, there).

I'm dying for something like this from Cathe. I really want to pack on some serious VISIBLE muscle and I know this will do it for me.

Denise

This would be great! I like to do cardio and weights every day, but don't have 2 hours to work out. I also like to make sure I hit every muscle group during the week and this would make it much easier to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Corrie

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.
--Aristotle

This is a fabulous idea that would create alot of value and versatility in one dvd. I am craving more strength building, less endurance training for muscles.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.