08-08-08

runlikeagirl

Cathlete
Who will be watching the Olympics? When I was a kid we always watched them but now that they tell you who won before they event kind of takes the fun out of it. :confused:

We will watch. I love the diving and swimming. I feel bad for the runners with the air quality.

Did you know that this year will be the last Olympics that they will consider Soft Ball an Olympic sport??

Which Olympics do you like best Summer or Winter?

Lori

Lori your post made me remember my favorite quote I overheard yesterday!! LOL, one woman said to her friend, "hey, the olympics start on Friday" and the other one said "which Olympics?"

LOL, how do you answer that... uh, the only ones the world ever has??... uh, the big ones with the rings?... uh, the ones where they try and go as fast as they can??

:rolleyes: It really did make me smile!! ;)

I enjoy a bit of both winter and summer. In the winter I love the skiing, figure skating and speed skating. In the summer I enjoy the swimming.

That's so funny Amy. " The olympics we have in my backyard every 4 years...come early to get a good seat!"

I love to watch the Olympics. I always imagine what it must feel like to be in that great peak physical shape. Although some of the sports are kinda goofy in the winter Olympics, like the skiing combined with "dance" interpretation.

I can't wait. I absolutely love watching atheltes and can't imagine what it would be like just to compete, let alone win a medal.

Takes me back to high school days when we made playoffs. The adrenaline is off the charts and you learn to totally focus. Some of my best memories.

I don't have favorites per se, but was a volleybal player so of course am a fanatic for those and just love the gymnastics which I "played with" when I was young at the local YMCA.

More than anything I enjoy the dedication and seeing the looks on the faces of the winners.

Will be joining y'all watching.:D

I prefer the winter games, but I'll definitely be watching these...I'm particularly interested in the weightlifting.

Can't wait 'til Friday. Summer games are my favorite. I love the marathons, track events and swimming.

I love the summer Olympics! In fact, my DH and I have had a compromise for about 12 years that revolves completely around the summer Olympics. I agreed to watch all college football games if he watches all of the Olympic gymnastics (female and male). Yeah I know it sounds like he got the better end of the deal (and I let him think that!) but I secretly love college football too. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.