♥♥♥ Mommies-to-be - MAY ROLL CALL ♥♥♥

Well I had my check up yesterday. Now I start my 2 week appts. My next one is June 3.
Everything was good baby's heart rate was good 152 beats per minute. She moves sooo
much all day long. I dont think she sleeps at all. I think the most she spends not moving is about 20 minutes at a time. Maybe she moves in her sleeps LOL. At least I know she's in there and good. I've gained 24 pounds so far. I now weigh 147 pounds. WOW. My sugar test came back good. I wont have my next sonogram for another few weeks:( I dont sleep on my back even before I was pregnant I never did. I find sleeping on my back so uncomfortable especially now.
I asked my doctor about heart palpitations because I've been having some at night when I lay down to sleep. One time it lasted about 45 minutes. She said it was normal because my heart is working extra hard for the baby. I do have them again for that long I have to let her know cause then they have to do further testing.
Anyway said enough have a great day ladies!

Glad the appointment went well Lilly! You're almost at my "starting weight". ;) My appointment on Friday went well. It was a fast "in and out" appointment. I didn't gain anything this time around which is kind of weird because I've never not gained, but I didn't complain too much since I really don't want to outweigh DH. Blood pressure, baby's heartbeat, measurements - everything looked good. I'm still scheduled for another ultrasound at 37 weeks, so that's the 7th of June. My next appointment is the 28th and then I start going every week I think.

We finished up the nursery yesterday and I am so relieved that is over and done with. I really like the way it turned out. This weekend, I pruned all of our bushes out front and re-mulched all the flower beds. It honestly about killed me. DH was helping too of course, but I did all the pruning since you wouldn't want to see the bushes if he did it! We still have the back yard, so I'm not looking forward to that next weekend. I also want to move all my craft stuff from the nook it is in in the family room to the finished basement. That's going to be a huge chore in itself. I wish I had gotten some of this stuff done earlier because I just don't have the energy for it now. I went from feeling really good and barely pregnant to feeling like a beached whale overnight. I think my tummy has doubled in size in the past few days too. And I've been having tons of Braxton Hicks. Ok, I'll stop whining now. Just not feeling too hot this morning and not happy about being at work. ;) Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Oh I hear you on all the whining. I'm sure my DH feels that way about me! LOL
It's so funny that you are in the midst of rearranging things. I guess it's true what they say
about pregnant woman having the feeling of cleaning out and organizing because I did the same exact thing last weekend and plan on doing so from this point out.

I'm very short only 5'2. You look very tall. I always wished I was taller. The 2 girls that work in my office are also tall 5'9 and 5'8. I feel like a midget next to them and they always make comments about my height! LOL My DH is 6'2 he tower overs me even when I wear heels. I'm hoping our daughters will have his genes.

Good to hear your nursery is done. It looks beautiful. When will you stop working?

If I had my choice, I'd stop working now! ;) I only get 6 weeks of leave though, so I plan to work up until I deliver if possible. My company is supposed to be letting me work partly from home though after the baby comes, so I'll just be in the office maybe 2-3 days (depending on what is going on) a week after that. I may start doing that in my last few weeks of pregnancy if things get too uncomfortable. I can't imagine with the way I feel now, that I am going to want to be sitting at this desk in another 4 weeks! Ugh...

I'm 5'8", so a little taller. ;) My sisters are all 5' - 5'2", so I have always felt like the jolly green giant in the family. My profile picture on FB is actually me with my 3 sisters. I am standing in a squat so that I am the same height as they are. In reality, my head wouldn't have normally been in the picture because I am that much taller than all of them. I've always been self conscious of that.

liann - i just wanted to say quickly that your last post made me laugh! i also have 3 sisters, but they're all a lot taller than me. i'm 5'5", but my sisters are 5'10", 6'0", and 6'1", so i'm the shrimp in my family. i just about have to stand on a stool so that my head gets to be in pictures with them. they've never been self-conscious about their height though - in fact, they all love to wear heels, but i think that's partly to make me feel extra short :).

carrie

Well, it's the last full week in May! How did that happen??? Can't believe that June starts Tuesday of next week!!! Time is really getting away from me. At least the nursery is done and I "think" my shower is this weekend (it's a "surprise" - I know they are doing it, but they kept the date from me).

Anyone have any appointments this week? I have a chiropractor appointment today (love my chiropractor), a prenatal massage on Wednesday (love her too!), and then my two week appointment on Friday (not so keen on that). I might be every week after that. Hope you are doing well!!!

i have my next 2 week appointment this coming thursday. i haven't received the results of my glucose tolerance test yet, but they said they'd only call if there was a problem, so i guess everything was okay.

we tried to do the 4d ultrasound this past saturday. our little girl wouldn't cooperate for a good face shot though, so we'll try again in a few weeks. it's nice that they'll try again at no charge. we were able to watch her kick herself in the head with her foot once or twice though which was funny. and the technician said she looks healthy which is always good to hear.

other than that, not much going on for me. i hope you all are doing well and have a great week!
carrie

Carrie - We didn't have much luck with our first 4D ultrasound either. The technician had me do everything but stand on my head but we just couldn't get her in a good position. She wasn't much better the next time either, but we did end up with a few cute shots out of that one. I actually had to go in the hallway and do jumping jacks to try and get her to change position that time! ;)

Most likely your glucose test was good since they haven't called. They'll probably just mention it at your next appointment.

jumping jacks?!? that's too funny!! i'll have to remember that for our next attempt. it isn't until the middle of june, but i'll keep that in mind!

-carrie

Hi all! How is everyone doing today? Hopefully all of you are taking it easy and relaxing all you can because soon enough it will all be said and done. Liann you only technically have about 4 weeks to go but you could really go at any time. WOW!

Anybody have any special plans this weekend? My pool club opens this Saturday and I cant wait. Sunday DD has a party from 1-2:30pm and after that I'll be at the pool! lol
I have to work Monday! Grrr....I actually have next week as an annual vacation but I wont be taking it saving it for when my baby arrives. The last vaction I had was 2 weeks in January and I havent gone sick since I've been pregnant. The majority of women in my job normally go chronic sick all the time but thank goodness I've been feeling good.

It's getting harder and harder for me to get out of bed and off the couch. Are any of you having heartburn? I'm not really having too much heartburn or leg cramps either. I had one a few weeks ago. I wonder if it's true what they say about the heartburn. Hmmmm

Anyway have a Happy Memorial day everyone!!!!

Lilly - I know, it's scary how soon I could go!!! Especially with the baby already measuring kind of big. I'm dying to find out what she weighs right now, but my next ultrasound isn't scheduled until the 15th. I'm having to save my vacation time too. I actually haven't been on real vacation since the summer of 2008 (I've had 3 day weekends, but that's it). Pretty pathetic huh? At least they let me carry over some of my time, so they are letting me take 3 weeks paid vacation on top of my 6 weeks of short term disability.

I so hear you on getting up. Getting out of bed in the middle of the night for a bathroom break is a huge challenge. My stomach usually hurts really bad too. I've been having these sharp cramps on either side of my abdomen, so I usually end up holding my stomach the whole way to the bathroom. And I cannot get comfortable at all in bed. It's hard to imagine another 5 weeks of this! I would normally have heartburn, but since I have GERD, they've had me on a generic form of Prevacid the entire pregnancy. That has kept things under control, so I really haven't had any problems. I do get the leg cramps though at night and sometimes have to stand up to get them to work themselves out. Awe, the joys of pregnancy! I even noticed my feet were a little swollen yesterday! :(

We are having a picnic at my sister's house on Saturday (possibly my "surprise" shower), but that is it for Memorial Weekend. Our pool is open, so I'm hoping it gets warm enough to get in. We didn't open it voluntarily, a big storm ripped our cover off. Have fun hanging out at the pool club!! :)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.