♥♥♥ Mommies-to-be - MAY ROLL CALL ♥♥♥

Liann

Cathlete
Wow, how did it get to be May already??? And how is it I'm due NEXT month!!! The time is going quickly! With the way I was feeling this weekend though, I hope it continues to go quickly. Baby keeps pushing up against my right ribcage and it's really aching and causing my back to hurt too. I was probably up every hour Saturday night trying to find a better position to get her to move. She just likes hanging out on the right side. I keep trying to convince her that there is plenty of room on the left side for her too!

So how are you all doing? Any appointments/ultrasounds etc. coming up? I have my final ultrasound tomorrow. They are going to check her growth. After that, I should be done with the ultrasounds. No appointments until next week. I'm up to going every other week now, so I feel like all I do is go to appointments!

Lourdes - I have an anterior placenta too and honestly didn't feel much of ANYTHING until 27 weeks. I kept worrying about it too, but she was always fine on the ultrasounds. That placenta just really cushions a lot. After 27 weeks, I finally started feeling what most women had been feeling for months. Now at 32 weeks, I am finally feeling her more regularly. It's always on the outside of where the placenta is - like up by the ribcage or on the sides. I don't feel anything directly out front. Once your baby starts getting bigger especially as you get farther into the 3rd tri, you will probably feel more.

Hey,

Oh my, next month??? Wow are you getting excited, scared, anxious???? You must be soo excited. Have they told you how much she weighs? Are you guys all ready for her? Sorry for all the questions....
My next appt. in on the 17th. There's really nothing much going on over on this end. I'm just becoming more and more uncomfortable as each week passes by. I'm getting some braxton hicks through out the day. Maybe 2-3x a day very mild. This weekend was so hot. I always welcome the heat because I'm always cold. Well not this time. My hands and feet were swollen. I felt like I had cankles! I just have so much guilt for my 5 year old because all I want to do is sit down or lay down and all she wants to do is play!
I'm 26 weeks and everyone tells me that I'm huge. When do the appts become more frequent? Mines are still once a month.
When exactly is your due date?

I'm due June 28th, but I'm really hoping she comes a week or two before that! ;) I started the every two week appointments at 27 weeks. I think at 36 weeks is when I have to start going every week. Hopefully, I'll find out her weight tomorrow at the growth ultrasound. I'm really curious to see how big she is. She looked pretty chubby already at that 3D ultrasound a few weeks ago! ;)

We are pretty much set for her arrival. I just need to get my hospital bag packed at some point and finish up a few little things on the nursery. DH had promised to finish the curtains and put up the wall hangings and stuff in the nursery this weekend, but it didn't happen as usual. We ended up working outside and cleaning up the basement. And boy was it hot here too. I could only stand to be outside for a little bit at a time. Just wayyyy too hot! Our thermometer outside was reading 93!

I think I was more excited at the beginning and now I'm just getting a little anxious. There is a lot going on at work and I'm trying to keep up with that and we have a lot of family stuff going on in the next few months - 2 graduations etc... So I feel like my calendar is booked. Wish I knew exactly when she was going to make her arrival. I like having everything planned. ;)

Gotta love people telling you you are huge. :( It's amazing what people think is ok to say to a pregnant woman. ;)

Had the growth ultrasound - she is measuring 5 lbs 2 oz. They put her in the 91th percentile for size. :) She is going to be a chunk at this rate! She was also practice breathing which was pretty cool to see. Her little lungs were going in and out as if she was taking real breaths. They want me to go back for one more ultrasound in 5 weeks. I don't get why since she is obviously growing great. Oh well, it's another change to see baby before she makes her entrance.

Wow 5lbs 2oz! Thats great. June 28th in not that far away. It will be here in no time.
I have nothing ready for my baby girl. I guess I better put a pep in it. Since my due date isnt until Aug 8 I feel like I have some time to go. I figure in june I'll start preparing. I still have my 5 year olds entire crib set that I bought at babies rus and it's in perfect condition. Thank goodness for that. I just need little odds and end. My friend gave me a bin full of 0-3 months baby girl clothes some stuff never worn. I was so greatful for that.
I'm still on the fence about breastfeeding/pumping. I guess because you have to watch everything you put in your mouth because it could affect the baby. My friend who breastfeed ate spinach on a regular basis couldnt figure out why the baby waas so fussy and crying all the time when she finally realized the spinach was giving the baby gas. She also couldnt eat other things as well.

Hi all,
Joining the check-in! I'm 25 weeks today, and they just moved up my due date to 8/11. I've got a high amount of amniotic fluid, plus this is my second, so my belly is just HUGE already. I look like I swallowed a beach ball.

Liann, you're close to the point where they start checking your cervix at each apt (36 weeks +). You're almost there! My due date with DS was 6/29, and I wound up having him 8 days early. Sending you that kind of luck!

And wonderwoman, is this your second child?

Melissa - This is my third baby so far I have 2 girls and baby on the way is also a girl. How about you? Our due dates are so close....

Hi WW, this is our second as well. I have a 2 yo boy at home, and this one is a girl. So we'll have one of each. Then I'm officially calling it "quits"!

Melissa - That is what we are hoping for - one boy, one girl and that's it. :) We'll see if it happens that way though. My poor parents tried 4 times for a boy and ended up with 4 girls. ;)

Lily - I plan to try to breastfeed. If it doesn't work though, it doesn't work. No one in my family was and we all survived. I really want to if possible though.

wow - how did it get to be may already? time is flying by! i'm between 27 & 28 weeks and still doing well. no appointments until next week. my only concern right now is that i don't know how much movement i should be feeling at this point, but i'll talk to my doctor about it next week.

liann - i think i'm in the same boat as you feeling like my calendar is full for the next few months. we haven't started on the nursery yet, but it feels like we've already run out of time because our weekends are so full! oh well, we'll work it out eventually.

i'm glad to hear everyone's doing well. hope you all have a great week!
-carrie

Carrie - I have an anterior placenta which means there's a big cushion between the baby and my tummy. I didn't feel any movement until 27 weeks. And I didn't feel anything substantial until just recently. A lot of it has to do with the position of the baby and the placenta. It drove me crazy though not feeling anything. Especially when there were women (on another pregnancy forum I'm on) who were claiming to have been feeling the baby since like 15 weeks and earlier. Everything always looked good at my appointments and my doctor never seemed concerned. She said some babies are just more calm too. I did end up buying a Dopler though so I could check for the baby's heartbeat myself. Best $80 I ever spent! ;)

I think part of it is knowing what you're feeling, too. I also have an anterior placenta, but I'm working from experience, so I've been feeling the baby for some time now. In fact, she's kicking me so hard that it shakes the bed or chair that I'm sitting in. My son definiltely never kicked that hard.
But I started feeling movement at 12 weeks this time around, just because I knew what it was.
But Liann is right, so much of it is tied to how everything is positioned inside, and every pregnancy is so different.

Melissa - Now that my baby has flipped (she was a Frank Breech for almost the entire pregnancy), her kicks are pretty violent too! :) You can see my tummy moving all over the place when she gets going. And she kicks the dog when he's cuddled up next to me.

Concern

Hello. All you pregnant mommies to be are feeling good. On Sunday night my 5 year old had a slight fever, cough, and complaining about a sore throat. Yesterday when I was bathing him a notice a rash on his behind and nowhere else...sort of like scab pimples. I'm a little worried and concern if it turns out to be chicken pox. I'm almost 100% sure that I have had chicken pox when I was a little girl but still worried how and if could harm my expected baby. Please advice? Thank you!!!

Lourdes

Lourdes, I was just reading about chicken pox in pregnant women today (it was just in a magazine I picked up). You'll probably be fine if you had it before, but I'd call your doctor on Monday morning just to see what he/she has to say. I'm sorry you're dealing with a 5 year old who's sick though. I remember having chicken pox when I was 10. My sisters and I got it within days of each other, so my poor mom got to deal with 10, 8, 5, and 4 year old sick girls for about 4 weeks.

Liann, I didn't even know you could buy a doppler for home use. If I had one, I'd probably wear it out! I actually have access to an ultrasound at work (I'm a vet), and I was doing a short ultrasound on myself every other week or so, but then one of my colleagues had to ultrasound a large snake, and I haven't wanted to put the probe on my belly since. I only treat mammals - reptiles freak me out. We clean the probe between patients, but still I think of that large snake every time I think of ultrasounding myself. I liked the ultrasound initially because I could see her moving when I couldn't feel her and I could check her heart rate, but now that I can feel her a bit more, I don't think the ultrasounds would tell me anything new. They're safe, but I don't want to overdo it :)

Melissa - I can't believe you started feeling movement at 12 weeks! I don't think I even recognized what I was feeling until 22 weeks or so. That's pretty cool.

Hope you guys are all doing well. Happy (early) Mother's Day!!!
Carrie

Carrie - LOL about not being able to make yourself use the ultrasound after the snake! :) I wonder if they were checking for follicles in the snake? A lot of breeders use ultrasounds to see if their snakes are ready for breeding. (Yes, my DH and I have owned snakes, we sold them all though and only have 1 little ball python now.) Of course, with a snake that big, they might have been trying to solve the mystery of where the cat went. ;) That's so neat that you're a vet!

Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day! :) DH and I went out with my mother for dinner last night. That was about the extent of our festivities though. Nothing much going on for me this week. Just the standard 2 week appointment on Friday morning. I do have a prenatal massage scheduled for tomorrow afternoon and I'm looking forward to that!

i just got back from my monthly appointment and my glucose tolerance test. everything was routine except that when the doc listened to to heart beat it was a bit irregular. he had me lay on my side and it was much better. he said i'm already having some compression on my vena cava if i'm on my back, so i really need to make sure i stay on my side if i'm lying down. i generally try to stay on my side, but sometimes i find myself waking up on my back. now i'm going to spend the next 12 weeks paranoid everytime i go to sleep! :-( oh well.

i hope all of you ladies are doing well!
carrie

You know, they have never checked my heartbeat at my appointments, just the babies. I wake up on my back all the time too. Something that has helped me is getting one of those wedge pillows that is supposed to go under your tummy for support. I put it under my back instead. It keeps me from rolling back onto my back and gives me some good back support at the same time. Glad everything else at your appointment went well! I have my next one tomorrow.

oh, i'm sorry for the typo. i did mean that it was my baby's heart beat that was irregular. sorry for the confusion. i have a pillow to help me stay on my side, but i seem to still turn over in my sleep, and then my cat climbs on top of the pillow and steals it :)

liann - i hope your appointment went well. i like your idea of the baby bump photos in the other thread. you look amazing - my "bump" is much larger! i haven't taken many photos of myself during this pregnancy but i probably should. it would be nice to document everything for later.

hope everyone is doing well and ready for the weekend. i sure am!
carrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.