lioness
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I'm inspired and encouraged by your mother's state though, that is a wonderful thing!! My mother is a cancer survivor and when I ran the Portland Half Marathon I ran in her honor -- she was here for the race too so I know how special that will be for you and your sister!! I wish we lived closer as well so we could run together, but I think meeting somewhere in the middle will be a very nice goal -- I've signed up for a half in San Francisco next April so that will be my first big travel to run -- I'm so addicted I would be happy to meet you ANYWHERE :) I'm not a big American Idol fan, but you KNOW I'm going to have to watch. I watch anything with Steven Tyler . . . it just doesn't get old. Stay well and happy! I'll be looking to see how you do at the half, I know you'll do awesome. ;)
    Hey Jane!! :) Been a while, but I just read that you have your first Half coming up in a couple of weeks and I just want to say HOW EXCITING!! Have fun, fun, fun, fun!!! I know you will -- but I just wanted to add my little two cents. I hope you are well. I need to spend more time around here to see that you are, but I trust that things are good. Big Hugs to you!! Travis
    I am CPA and read in your post that your parents didn't get anything with the prior stimulus. If you have them file a 2008 tax return they will get $300 each if they did not file for it in 2007. Joan
    Hey Jane,

Just wanted to send you a quick note and see how YOU are doing. Hows your dad doing? I hope things are wonderful in your life! I appreciate your kind words always, thanks for thinking about me. :)

Travis
    Thanks so much for the suggestions for dvds, I definitely think I need to get a tutorial type of dvd -- I don't want to hurt myself trying to figure out how to use it :)

My husband asked me if I needed 2 - 15lb KBs because he only got me one, I told him I thought one was ok to start with, but I'm not sure . . . are there exercises that require two KBs? If there are, is that something I'll work up to??

Ohhhhh, I'm excited about Mr. Tyler's Memoirs!! That's wonderful news, I can't wait for that!!! :)

Thanks so much for offering to answer any questions, etc., about the KB's - I can't tell you how excited I am to workout with them!!
    Hey there Jane,

Happy New Year to you!! I wanted to share with you that A) I got a new job and start tomorrow, and B) I got a kettlebell for Christmas! :) It's a 15 pounder, and I'm thrilled and excited, now I just need to learn what to do with it . . . A dvd came with it, but I'm considering ordering something more to help me. Do you have any suggestions on where to start?

I hope you are well and that you've had a good holiday! Wishing you a Rockin 2009!!
    I can't leave without some comment about Mr. Tyler. My favorite video of him is the Santana video "Just Feel Better" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icD8mBBeIwU - I love the song, but I love this video because the man looks absolutely flawless throughout the entire thing -- HOTTTT :) Truthfully there is no bad Aerosmith video but for just focusing on Tyler this is the one. . . I like Pink too.

Wow, just talking about his hotness makes me feel better. I'm going back to Youtube . . .

Have a great weekend ;)
    Jane,

Thanks so much for checking on me. I have not been around in a very very long time. I've started working out again, which feels really good. Changed it up a bit, gave Cathe a rest and felt better for it. My friend's kettle bell gym is opening in a couple weeks so I'll be checking that out.

Things kind of suck -- I was advised on Thursday that my job is being eliminated - my last day is December 19th. Merry Christmas to me. It'll be okay, I'm sure I'll find another job, but it doesn't do much for my attitude. What it does do though is keep me motivated to work out. I'd be much more of a basketcase if I didn't work out.

I hope you are doing well -- have a wonderful weekend!
    Jane,

Thanks so much for the encouragement -- you have no idea what that means to me. I have been thinking about it a lot over the last 24 hours and I think I do need to try something new.

I have not yet tried kettlebells, but I want to - but I figure while I'm working on getting some kettlebells and a work out to follow I'm going to give Cathe a break. Maybe do some pilates this week and some Tae Bo -- I'm not overly fond of Tae Bo since finding Cathe, but I think I need to change, and any change might help motivate me.

My Ipod is full of Aerosmith . . . . Steven singing in my ear has helped many a day!! :)

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, and am sending you {{Hugs}} right back -- congrats on the 5K -- way to kick ass with everything going on . . . . mental focus for sure.

Thanks again for thinking about me. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Travis
    Thanks for the heads-up about the Kettlebeller group! I just joined. I'm about to check out the 6-week workout you posted...
    Yeah, thanks from me too! I've been reading all your kettlebell-related posts, and I'm looking forward to comparing notes once I get the hang of it!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…