Hardcore check in for June 2017

Today I did RIPT90 Fit Back & Shoulders. Had a great workout. I really like these workouts and can't wait to do them. This one really works your back and shoulders even though it's only a total of like 21 minutes.

This is the workout:
SET 1 - doing these in circuit style going from one exercise to the next
Lateral Raise: 12 reps - 12's
Back Flyes: 12 reps - 12's
Upright Row: 12 reps - 15's

SET 2-4 - Supersets
Pull Ups: 5 reps - Used my assist band with this - I am so glad I bought those, they are awesome!!!
Overhead Press: 12's - 10 reps
Did this superset 3 times no rest at all.

SET 5 - doing these in circuit style going from one exercise to the next
Lateral Raise: 12 reps - 12's
Back Flyes: 12 reps - 12's
Upright Row: 12 reps - 15's
Dumbbell Row: 12 reps - 20's

SET 6-10 - Supersets
Pull Ups: 5 reps - Used my pullup bar with the assist bands again.
Overhead Press: 15's for 3 sets/12's for last two sets - 10 reps
Did this superset 5 times no rest at all.

Since this workout was only 20 minutes I did Power Hour Abs as well.

Workout was 31 minutes, Avg HR was 81, Max was 107 and burned 88 calories.

I also walked on my treadmill for 2 miles and then did the stretch from Power Hour.

So everyone out there with animals, how do you get a cat to stop peeing on everything? I have three cats and one of them pees on my counter tops, flat top stove, up against a garbage can. WTF? He started doing this about a year or so ago and the vet told us to get more litter boxes (at the time we only had one really big one for all three cats). I got two more boxes and the peeing stopped for a while. Now it's starting up again and he is doing it almost every day. I am so frustrated, I don't know what to do. We talk about getting rid of him but my heart can't stand that thought, I love the little guy. I just don't get why he is doing this. We have those sprays that is supposed to keep them from peeing in the same place again but that doesn't work. We bought those oils that only cats can smell and is supposed to make them more docile and not spray or pee but that isn't working. Does anyone have any tricks they've used to fix this problem? Or are we going to have to get rid of him? :( Can't stand that thought...

Jolie - I do have a laptop, just not sure I would be able to see it all very well. I suppose I could try it. My DH said my TV will work with the Inter if we get a DVR or something with Internet access. So once I get sick of the RIPT workouts, I'll do that!! :)

Diane Sue - Nice job with that Tower workout, it looked tough. Are you feeling it today?

Roselyn - Can't wait to hear what you think about the new workouts.

Today was a 5.5 mile walk outside, taking it easy. I burned 657 calories and it took 1 hour and 40 minutes. So far I am doing ok, if I stay on the anti inflammatory medicine. If I stop taking them the pain really kicks up again but I am defiantly on the mend! I am not sure when I will be lifting weights again, I am very scared to regress. I am going to take it easy this week with just walking and then see how it goes.

Debbie, I don't have a cat so I am not sure why your cat is behaving that way. I would go on YouTube and I am sure you will get some sort of advise from a video. I swear you can get so much info on that website. Great job on the back and shoulder workout! That looks short and tuff, just the way I like it! I am going to add stretching after my workouts as well going forward. I think tight muscles have a lot to do with the injuries we get sometimes. I stretched today as well. I looked up pain in your knee and I would look into "runners knee". There are stretches you can do to elevate your knee pain.

Diane Sue, Are you sore from your Fit Tower workout today? I will check back in to see what you did today.

Roselyn, I hope you have a good workout today.

Have a nice day.

My workout today was Fit Tower Advanced Bootcamp 51 minutes, 278 calories, heart rate average 115/ max 167. Next time I will try to figure out how to up the intensity a bit. I did put on ankle weights for some of the leg lifts. Since I felt I haven't done much in the way of cardio this week I did Kelly Coffey Amped Up Cardio workout 2, 30 minutes, 212 calories, heart rate avg. 131/ max 171. Total time was 81 minutes, calories burned 490. steps 4,670. I contemplated doing the glute max premix from the Fit Tower legs glutes and core that I have not done yet, but really wanted some cardio and when I looked at the exercises on the workout manager it looked like a bit was standing an most was on the knees so I decided to hold off. That is the only part of these workouts that I have not done. One of the things that I liked about the Fit Tower Total Body is that it worked one side at a time on a lot of the moves.

Jolie, yes, be careful so you do not regress. No, I was not sore from the Fit tower workout yesterday. That is why I went ahead with the Boot camp one today. I think next time with total body I will use heavier bands for some of the moves and ankle weights. Also heaver weights now that I know the format. I did put on ankle weights on some of the leg raises on Bootcamp. I finally got rid of the mat because jumping in those lunge jumps and the one that was plies into a lunge kept having to move the mat out of the way. I guess I am not good at picking up my feet and landing. Everything slides on this carpet we have. Bootcamp is all bands. I liked it though.

Debbie, I expected to be sore today ,but I was not. Now that I know what to expect I will up the weight and resistance on the bands and probably add ankle weights to some of it. It has been a long time since I have had a cat and I have heard that male cats are prone to doing that. Is there something that you could use to attract him to the litter? I can definitely understand your frustration. You might also try Pinterest. I have come up with plenty of helpful ideas there for training with dogs.

Roselyn, there are some good kickboxing workouts on the live workouts. I liked the Fit Tower Workouts. I can see different ways of using them and lower and upper can be separated. I was thinking how it would be to use portions from each.

Today I did Run Fit with Candace and had a pretty good workout. I wore my knee brace on my right knee which helped a lot. Wish I had two of them, I needed one for my left knee as well. They feel like they are getting better, I think that 8 mile walk was what triggered this again. I am not used to walking that much all at once. Oh well, hopefully they will be good to go soon.

Workout was 52 minutes, ran 3.62 miles (really happy with that), burned 351 calories (TM said 488) and went 7377 steps. Avg. HR was 115 and Max was only 149. Not sure why, I did the exact speeds that I did last time and got my HR up into the 170's. Weird.

I then did the Stretch from RIPT90. GREAT stretch!! 16 minutes long and I loved it.

Thanks for the suggestions about the cat mess I have. I looked around and found some stuff, but we've done them all. The only thing we haven't considered is that he might be ill, but believe me when I say he isn't. He is peeing on counters and my oven, that to me is more revenge than sickness. He's being a brat for some reason and I have no clue why, these cats are so spoiled that I can't even imagine what he might be mad about. I hope it works itself out, he stopped there for a long time, not sure why he's doing it again. :(

Question about Cathe Live - is there premixes you can do for shorter workouts on there? I know I've read all the ones you've been doing and it seems that most of them are at an hour or so. Any way to do shorter versions?

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Today I did Tabatacisse, 48 minutes, 339 calories heart rate 131 average/ 159 max. As hard as I work on this one I am always surprised at my calorie burn and heart rate. I then did a premix from the Fit Tower Legs, Glutes, and core workout to get in the glute segment I had not done yet. It was mish mosh #2 Glute Max. I wore 3# ankle weights and used my latex free medium band for the glute squeezes. I am sure to feel this one. Stretching felt good at the end. They do the standing glutes segment twice and they repeat the glute squeeze segment 3 times. I kept thinking I was done and it would go back and have you repeat that segment again. For a bit I wondered if the dvd was stuck LOL Anyway, I feel these workouts work the lower body a lot. Total Body has an upper premix that I am going to do tomorrow along with another upper workout. Bootcamp has a cardio premix and a some lower focus premixes but no upper mix. I like the band upper work in it though. Calories for the Glute max mix was 117 and 38 minutes. I don't no how the workout manager has 282 calories and met 7 for this. I do think these are pretty efficient. On the glute mas, they do not wear ankle weights and they have one person use the band on the glute squeezes. I don't think I would feel it much without some resistance. I am so upset, I saw there was a new ATT update for my Samsung phone. I put not now earlier this morning and it just went ahead and started the process. The last two updates caused me to have to get a new phone. Now I am worried the apps are going to quit working again.

Debbie, animals are like children that are being good and things are pretty peaceful and then they start acting up for some reason. Does he do it all day long? Or mainly at night? Maybe you can watch him and identify a reason. Or something that is bothering him. Maybe he needs more attention. Do you scold him when you catch him at it? I wouldn't want it to become a habit.

Today I walked outside, 6 miles, 1 hour and 45 minutes and I burned 678 calories. I am only going to walk this week so I don't hurt myself. I have another Chiropractor appointment on the 4th of July so I will see how I am and go from there. It has been so beautiful here lately that I do not mind being outside for my workouts.

Great workouts everyone!

What are you all doing for the 4th of July?

Have a great day, running late today and no time for personals.

Jolie, good idea just sticking with the walks. So far no plans for the 4th of July. Part of the family will be on a cruise. Nothing has been mentioned yet.

Today I did RIPT90 Deadlift Killer. What an appropriate title. OMG, this was a killer. This workout was pretty much nothing but deadlifts. I was a bit worried about my low back not liking it but I went light with weights and at some instances, didn't do as many reps as was in the workout. He was going pretty fast towards the end with the reps and I just kept them at a slow pace which felt safer. The warmup was 10 minutes long on the workout and then I did a long stretch at the end. I feel good, but my hamstrings are toast.

Standard Deadlifts: 30# barbell/20 reps
One Leg Deadlifts: 20# barbell/10 reps per leg (I did the split stance deads that are done in BB)
Standard Deadlifts: 15's/20 reps
One Leg Deadlifts: 20# barbell/10 reps per leg (I did the split stance deads that are done in BB)
Sumo Deads: 25# dumbbell
Sit-Ups: 25 reps

Repeat this sequence 2 more times!!! At times I did 16 reps or 18 reps, depending on when they got done. As I said, they went very fast towards the end and I felt it was unsafe. And I have to say, their form is terrible in these workouts. It's a good thing I know proper form (thank you Cathe) and I feel sorry for people who may buy these workout series and have never worked out before. There is an injury waiting to happen with each of these workouts. I still love them, though!!!!

Workout was 41 minutes, Avg. HR 79, Max 127, burned 110 calories.

I also walked on my TM for 2 miles.

Diane Sue - That was a great calorie burn you had with the Tabata workout. Nice job!! So with our cat, yes, we yell at him when he does this. He knows he does bad because he has a little hiding place he goes to when he realizes we found the pee. He sees our reaction and then he hides. I don't think yelling does anything, though, he just keeps right on doing it. It's been a couple days now that I haven't seen pee where it shouldn't be so hopefully he is done for a while. Very frustrating.

Jolie - I have no plans for the 4th, my DH has to work. :( My brother is off so we might take my mom out to lunch or something like that.

Roselyn - Nice workout. I might have to purchase the ICE workouts. You girls do them a lot so they must be good.

Today I started with X10 Step no stretch, 22 minutes, heart rate average 131/ max 170, 151 calories. I then did Fit Tower Advanced Upper focus premix, 36 minutes, 151 calories followed by Kelly Coffey Body Design Upper Strength and cool down 21 minutes, 94 calories and finishing with the Fit Tower Advanced bonus abs, 12 minutes, 34 calories. Total time was 91 minutes, 430 calories, 4,562 steps.
Fit Tower Upper Body
Bench press 2 sets 16 reps 45# the rep count changes a bit on the second set
close grip bench press 2 sets 16 reps 35# rep count changes the second set
chest fly 16 reps 17.5# 2 sets
drop set push ups tower at level 3, 2,1 /12,10,8 reps
triceps dips 2 sets of 16 each set has 8 reps and 8 reps with leg crossed over other leg
triceps kickbacks with band wrapped around fit tower bar straight 1rm 16 reps bent arm 16 reps repeat blue heavy band
bonus band pulls over 100 reps green medium band
barbell biceps curls 35# various counts and holds
1 arm rows 30# 16 reps 2 times
seated lat pull downs with band and tower blue band 2 sets
pull ups set one single count set two 1 and 1/2 count
vertical pull up
Kelly Body Design Quick and gets a lot in for 18 minutes work. Very little rest
1 arm row 3 sets 10 reps 30#
1 arm lat raise 10# 10 reps 3 sets
1 arm boxer pledge 12# 10 reps 3 sets
1 arm dips 3 sets no rest between set 1 and 2 no stopping when switching arms
1 arm bench press 20# 3 set 10 reps

Debbie, I would worry about my low back working doing that workout and doing it fast would be worse. I have done workouts and wondered at the form the instructors were using. I think if my cat kept doing that I would get a squirt bottle or water gun. I did that to my bunny when I trained him from chewing up my furniture legs and molding. It might seem mean, but he really was doing a job on my new dining room set and baseboards. He would stop but once in awhile regress and it didn't take long for him to know that was not okay. Hopefully your cat doesn't do it anymore.

Today I walked 6.5 miles outside and I burned 701 Calories. I did a few hills to make the walk more difficult and to get my calorie burn up. Workout was 1 hour 50 minutes. My average heart rate was 105 and my max was 148. I got on the scale this morning and almost had a heart attack! I gained 5 pounds this last month and I wanted to cry. I was on such a roll and then BAM, injury! Oh well, all I can do is watch my eating and keep going... (this is the heaviest I have ever been since I was pregnant!)I am 5 feet 10 inches and weighing in at 160!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shoot! I typically cant weigh under 150 or I don't feel well, I get sick a lot for whatever reason...

Diane Sue, Nice workout today! You are doing really well with the weights, very impressive. I will have to try that one when I am back to lifting weights.

Debbie, I cant believe there is a whole workout dedicated to Deadlifts!!! I wont be doing that one anytime soon. Good job on going slow and using good form. I know you can really get hurt even using lite weight when doing deadlifts, better be safe than sorry. You might want to stretch tonight so your hamstrings don't get too tight for tomorrows workout.

Roselyn, I hope you have a good workout today.

My oldest son just got a full ride offer to the University of Montana this morning!!! Keep them coming... I want UCLA so I can see him and go to all of his games. We just need to wait and see...

I just found out my husband has the 4th of July off, first time in 8 years, so we are going to do something fun. Maybe, we will go to the beach and then out to an early dinner while we are there.

Have a nice day.

Jolie, I had to work to keep my weight off when I had the surgery and had to cut down on my workouts for so long. I did gain a little as well, but once I started working out harder it dropped quickly. I made a lot of soups ahead and had my husband make me salads when he was preparing the meals at first. I wouldn't think that weight would be too bad for how tall you are and I bet you have a lot of muscle as well. I am only 5'4 when I go much over 120 I am not happy. That is great that your husband has the 4th off. The beach sounds like fun.

oday I did Ice Boot camp Circuit no upper premix , 35 minutes, 182 calories. I followed this with Fit Tower Total Body premix lower body only, 29 minutes, 163 calories. This was tough doing all of the lower body weights two times through. I went heavier as well. I finished with Fit Tower legs, glutes, and core, core stretch mix, 19 minutes, 67 calories. Total time 83 minutes, calories burned 412.
Lower body weights for Fit tower
uneven squats with 3 risers 25# 16 reps right then 16 left
stiff legged deadlift 50# 16 reps
elevated lunges 16 then 15 1nd 1 count
repeat all 3 exercises
single leg push down dips 20# 16 reps the 15 and 1 pulses all right then all left
cross back lunge 20# 15,7,7,3,3,3,3, 8 singles all right then all left
repeat these two moves

Yesterday I took the day off to go to a football tournament with my boys.

Today I walked 6.2 miles, 2 hours and I burned 758 calories. The first 3 miles were uphill so that gave me a good calorie burn.

Diane Sue, nice workout yesterday!

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.