Post your STS 2.0 questions here!

Hi Cathe, So looking forward to this new series. Can you specify what equiipment will be required for STS2.0?
STS 2.0 Equipment List:

As mentioned, there are many different pieces of equipment used in the STS 2.0 Muscle & Recovery Workout Program, but multiple options will be given so that you can perform the exercises in this program using the equipment that you have available.

Necessary Equipment:
Step with your preferred number of risers risers or weight bench
Wide range of dumbbells
Resistance tubes with handles
Fitness mat

Optional Equipment:
Barbell with plates
Stability Ball
Barbell pad with security straps
STS bars
Turbo Tower (or Fit Tower)
Fabric Boss Loop
Fabric Boss Band
Firewalker Loop
Sliding device
Chair
Wall anchors for resistance tubes
Mini Yoga Ball
Micro-Load gloves
Mini Step Mat

Hi Cathe, So looking forward to this new series. Can you specify what equiipment will be required for STS2.0?
STS 2.0 Equipment List:

As mentioned, there are many different pieces of equipment used in the STS 2.0 Muscle & Recovery Workout Program, but multiple options will be given so that you can perform the exercises in this program using the equipment that you have available.

Necessary Equipment:
Step with your preferred number of risers risers or weight bench
Wide range of dumbbells
Resistance tubes with handles
Fitness mat

Optional Equipment:
Barbell with plates
Stability Ball
Barbell pad with security straps
STS bars
Turbo Tower (or Fit Tower)
Fabric Boss Loop
Fabric Boss Band
Firewalker Loop
Sliding device
Chair
Wall anchors for resistance tubes
Mini Yoga Ball
Micro-Load gloves
Mini Step Mat

When will you post a list of the various workouts? I have to be cautious about what DVDs I order nowadays. But I'm halfway considering this series, from what I can glean about it.

Please click on the bundle in the presale announcement. It will show you the list of the workouts.

Will the user guide be online or a booklet like the original STS?

Do you call out what weight you’re using as a guide? I know we always are supposed to lift a weight that challenges us but sometimes it’s helpful because if you’re using something fairly light like 8’s or 5’s on a particular exercise, it’s a really helpful to me so I can adjust my weight accordingly.

Will there be a companion cardio series to follow like the STS Shock Cardio series?

I’m so excited about the new series!

We will have a link to download a free users guide for the STS 2.0 series.

Yes, I do tell you what weight I am using :)

No, there will not be a follow up cardio series to STS 2.0.

I don’t know if you already stated this but how long are the workouts? Also, will there be an ab and extended stretch as bonuses?

The lengths of the workouts will not be available until editing is finished. The goal was to keep all the workouts under an hour. While I don’t have the workout times available yet there is definitely a variety of workout lengths throughout the series.

The strength workouts and the recovery workouts and the ab workouts are all on separate DVDs so there will not be bonuses including them all within one workout.

What cardio series do you recommend to compliment the STS 2.0 series?

Is there going to be an optional heavy squat rack disc? That is my favorite disc!

For cardio … you will do your own form of cardio (for however long or short of a duration per workout) for however many days per week you wish. Everybody has different goals. If you want to build more muscle mass then less cardio per week is better. I personally think 2 to 4 times per week for 20 to 30 minute duration per workout is ideal. Remember your leg workouts are very cardio intensive. And on the total body workouts you will also experience quite a cardio effect. So factor that into your cardio per week. Every “body” responds a little differently to weight training. So it is only natural there will be a little experimentation in the beginning to find the ideal amount of cardio for you.

There is no squat rack disc with STS 2.0

Is this a 3 day per week series recommendation like the original STS?
There are three phases. And each of these phases focuses on what you would think of as a blend between Mesocycle 2 & 3 from the original STS. Each of these phases is independent of one another and they work each muscle group 2 to 3 times per week. You’ll do the strength workouts three days a week in one phase, four days a week in another phase and three to six days a week (depending on the option you choose) in the remaining phase. The phases do not have to be done in any kind of order. Each phase also does not have to be done for four weeks only before moving to the next. You can spend between four and 12 weeks on a particular phase before moving on. That being said initially it might be nice to do each phase for four weeks and then trying another one and finally the last one. Once you’ve experienced all three you can stay within each one longer if you prefer. Likewise, you can mix and match and do one or two weeks of one and switch out and do one or two weeks of another. This workout program has a lot of flexibility and intensity. No matter what phase you are in as long as you lift what challenges you for around eight reps each phase will develop strength/hypertrophy. Eat well, stay hydrated and sleep hard and watch the results kick in.

The three phases are: Total Body Workouts,
Solid Upper Body/ Solid Lower Body Split, and One Body Part At A Time (which will include pre-mixes that mix two body parts together offering yet a fourth method of training). These various phases were chosen for their intensity building properties. Within each of the phases you’ll experience enhanced training techniques such as drop sets, paused reps, finisher sets etc.

Thank you for asking here on the forum!!!

Which one of your series do you recommend to prepare for STS 2.0?

How many rest days will be in the rotation ?

What cardio complements STS 2.0?

What research most helped you develop this series?

Is this series similar to Xtrain?

Will you be able to make premixes that switch exercises between the two upper and two lower DVDs?

Can we buy an extra DVD case holder to use with another one of your sets?? I LOVE IT!!

You’re welcome

There is no series needed to help you prepare for STS 2.0. This is a stand alone workout program that all fitness levels will benefit from. As long as you select a weight that challenges you for 8 reps for all of your exercises you will see great results.

We will provide many rotations that will have various rest days. Rest days are not the same as recovery days. Rest days are days not spent exercising. Recovery days are days spent doing dialed down exercises and stretches to promote healing and recovery.

For cardio … you will do your own form of cardio (for however long or short of a duration per workout) for however many days per week you wish. Everybody has different goals. If you want to build more muscle mass then less cardio per week is better. I personally think 2 to 4 times per week for 20 to 30 minute duration per workout is ideal. Remember your leg workouts are very cardio intensive. And on the total body workouts you will also experience quite a cardio effect. So factor that into your cardio per week. Every “body” responds a little differently to weight training. So it is only natural there will be a little experimentation in the beginning to find the ideal amount of cardio for you.

The research lies in the basic principles of traditional strength training along with classic intensity building techniques such as drop sets, paused reps, finisher sets etc.

As mentioned above STS 2.0 is a stand alone workout series that isn’t really comparable to another series I’ve done.

Each solid upper and solid lower body workout is on its own disc so there is no premix option that will combine upper and lower from these workouts. However Upper/lower premix options are possible on the total body workouts since there are upper and lower body exercises on one disc.

We are not selling the DVD case separately.

I think I answered everything

Since this is a heavy-weight series, should we have a good base of endurance (aka Meso 1) before we start?

While any level of muscular conditioning prior to doing any workout will make you feel more conditioned starting out, this is not necessary to start STS 2.0. No matter what your fitness level, all you need to do is find a weight that safely and effectively challenges you for 8 reps for every exercise and you will get results.

How is the new STS pull-up and dip bar different from the Fit Tower? I realize that both are listed as "optional" equipment, but if we have a Fit Tower, do we need the pull up and dip bar?

If you have a fit tower or turbo bar I don’t think you will also need the STS assisted dip and pull up bar. That being said, these STS dip and pull up bars do work dips a little more effectively and aggressively then the fit tower. If you are really into doing dips in the typical vertical position “between” bars then this dip bar is good for that. We’ll be posting a pic either tomorrow or shortly thereafter of me doing these dips (with the assistance of the fabric band to help make the dips easier). It’s a wonderful way to do them and promotes great strength in the chest and triceps.

Ok, now I’m confused…I read somewhere that the original tower is being used and not
the FitTower. What would be the difference? I don’t have the original tower any longer,
but have 2 FitTowers. So, can that be used or not….

The original turbo tower and the fit tower are extremely similar. You can use either one for the same exact benefits in this program. There are no differences with how it’s used.

Another equipment question - I noticed that a weighted vest is not a recommended piece of equipment. Does this mean there are no heavy squat/leg work exercises in these workouts?

We are not using a weighted vest in this series but that shouldn’t stop you from using one if you prefer. You can also consider using a weighted vest when doing push-ups.

As for heavy leg exercises, while we are not using a squat rack option in this program, we are using heavy weights for legs. I am holding 35’s, 40’s and even one 50 pound dumbbell in our hands at times. By the end of the STS 2.0 program I was doing a close grip sumo squat with a 50 pound dumbbell and actually found it to be too light. So yes, there are heavy leg weights in this program.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.