Boss Resistance Bands work your muscles in a very different way than free weights do

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
Boss-Bands-0126.jpg

This pic is from Cathe's Boss Bands Total Body workout. Resistance bands work your muscles in a very different way than free weights do. They are better for keeping tension on the muscles throughout their entire range of motion, as well as for accommodating natural strength arcs.
The ability to work in just about any direction is more conducive to realistic, daily movements. Increased safety, engagement of the deep stabilizers, and convenience are additional positive points that might make you want to add them to your routine.
To pre-order just click on the following link: https://bit.ly/3u1ZkNw

Can you explain whether these new workouts will be significantly different than the other two band workouts (Travel Fit and Body Weight & Bands)? I am wondering what to expect in terms of challenge and thoroughness. Thanks!

Can these workouts count as "no weights" workouts when doing STS?
Hi yamabachi, it doesn't matter whether you use fabric bands, dumbbells or a barbell, your muscles will still need recovery time between any form of resistance exercise. The amount of recovery time you need will depend on the intensity of the workout. In the case of a barbell or dumbbells, it will largely depend on the weight you use, and with bands, it will depend on the tension of the band you select.

Can you explain whether these new workouts will be significantly different than the other two band workouts (Travel Fit and Body Weight & Bands)? I am wondering what to expect in terms of challenge and thoroughness. Thanks!
Hi CanadianCathlete, yes I strongly feel that these fabric band workouts are significantly different from not only any band workout Cathe has done, but also significantly different from anything other instructors have done. Sure, there will be exercises you have seen before in other Cathe band workouts, but there will also be plenty of exercises you have never seen in a Cathe workout. If you look at the header on the main ordering page ( https://bit.ly/3u1ZkNw ) you can get a good idea of what I'm talking about. But even the exercises that are similar to ones you've seen before in Cathe's videos will now have a totally different feel when you use our new fabric bands.

Though the video clip I just mentioned will give you an idea of some of the exercises in the videos, what makes a Cathe video truly different and special is the "flow" of the workout and how Cathe seamlessly links each exercise together to the music. In my opinion, nobody does this better than Cathe and it is one of the things that make her workouts special.

As for challenge, our slogan for these workouts is "Low Impact Workouts For Everybody That Go Anywhere! In this case, this simply means that most people can do these workouts, but everyone can be challenged depending on the band tension they select for each exercise ( light, medium, heavy).

Please understand that this is just my biased opinion of the new workouts. If you have any doubts about pre-ordering, it's best to wait until the workouts are released and you can then listen to the unbiased feedback of the entire Cathelete community.

Last edited:
Forum administrator, I love your biased opinion. As part of the Cathelete community you can say I'm biased too--I rarely find any other workouts I want to do other than Cathe's. She IS that good! No convincing needed for me. The only series I don't have is STS but it is on my wish list and I don't have have a spin cycle (which I really, really want, maybe in a few years I can) but if I did I would get all of her spin dvds. I totally and completely appreciate all the hard work Cathe and her crew do.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.