Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Good Morning ladies! Today was shoulders for me, and Nathalie, I am having shoulder issues too. Struggling with overhead stuff and bench. Hope yours gets better with therapy.

Thanks Tom. My shoulder is getting better. I have gained mobility on few planes.
Hope yours gets better soon too. Get help if it is a chronic pain. Medecine is part of your background:):)
I bet you must know someone competent to help you.

I have not touched any barbell and dumbbell in a while. I should be able to start light beginning of december.
Well I hope. You are doing great working out despite shoulders issues. Take care:):)

Hi all!

Here's my week:

Sat-from JSTV I did 60-Minute HiiT Mash Up, a great mix of cardio, abs and compound moves.
Sun-STS Disc 11, Back & Triceps; STS Weights and Plates (weights section only); from JSTV a 1-Mile Express: Flat Abs Walk and 10-Minute Flexibility Training Workout.
Mon-from JSTV at lunch I did a 1-Mile Walk and Talk, and after work I did Cathe's Circuit Blast and a 9-Minute Standing Abs from JSTV.
Tues-from JSTV at lunch I did a 1-Mile Fast Interval Walk, and after work I did STS Disc 12, Legs.
Wed-from JSTV at lunch I did a 12-Minute Indoor Power Walk, and after work I did the Scrambled #4 premix from ICE Low Impact Sweat and 10-Minute Strong Standing Abs from JSTV.
Thurs-STS Disc 10, Chest, Biceps and Shoulders and the STS Extended Stretch.
Today-rest day

I am done with STS Meso 1...Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am loving JSTV!

Next week, my active recovery week will be spent on a ranch in Texas. :D Yes, I'll be on vacation so no formal workouts for Monday through Friday, but we will probably be doing quite a bit of walking, hiking, horseback riding, etc. Looking forward to getting away!

Hi friends,

Jodi - enjoy you vacation and congrats for completing STS Meso1! Wow you can ride a horse, now you impressed me even more :)
Nathalie, Tom - so sorry for your shoulder problems. Nathalie, I hope you will recover completely and forget about this some day. What aggravated your shoulder in the first place?

In the end of the day, it's great that we can still workout - taking in account our own limitations. For example, I've been suffering back pain (genetic scoliosis) and felt that my knees begin to give up (too much high impact, my bad). I've been doing Jessica Smith TV workouts for 2 weeks, and while they are not intense, I enjoy them and they lift my mood and energize me. I love Jessica's "fusion" workouts most, love the classical music. And she has many knee-friendly lower body workouts.
I also like to see her lazy pup sleeping next to her or biting her exercise mat :) Jessica workouts with her mom sometimes, which I like too.

My check in (all from Jessica Smith TV):
Monday: Cardio Barre 30 min, Zumba Dance 30 min , 2 15 minute lower body segments using a chair
Tuesday: Resistance Band Walk 15 , Resistance Band Fusion 37 (love it!), Pilates on the Beach 17
Wednesday: Walk Jog 34 (with her mom) , Knee Friendly Barre Fusion 26. 2 20-minute abs circuits
Thursday: Resistance Band Walk 34 (has upper body emphasis, nice), Belly, Buns and Thighs walk 34 (this is quite easy) and 3 8-min HIIT segments
Friday: 3 12-minute Walks, Cardio Ballet 13 min, and Lower Body Ballet 34,
Yesterday: Ball Fusion 47 (with my son's soccer ball, love this one!); 5x 5-min Quickies
I may try a 20ish minute "Sunset stretch" before I go to bed.
Planned for tomorrow: Kickbox Circuit and Kickbox Ballet Fusion with dumbbels; plus a 15 min Kickbox workout led by Jessica's husband, Guillermo Gomez

Greetings my amigos!

Svetlana, isn't Jessica wonderful? :) I've liked everything I've tried so far from her. Her dog is adorable. In one workout she was trying to slide on the floor with towels and Peanut keep chasing the towels. Too cute!

You did some great stuff with her this week! I need to check out some of those you listed.

Today I did a 10-Minute Interval Walk from JSTV and Cathe's MMA Boxing. If I have time later, I may do something else from JSTV, but I am trying to pack and get everything ready for tomorrow. We leave in the morning. I still plan to do something early before we leave since we'll be in the car for hours. I'll post if I do!

Update-I just finished a 30-Minute Sunset Barefoot Walk from JSTV.

Last edited:
Good morning!

First thing this morning I did a 30-Minute Power Walk and a 1-Mile Express Abs Walk from JSTV.

My upper body and core are quite sore from yesterday's MMA Boxing!

Leaving shortly for vacation. Everyone have a great week!

Hi all!

I'm back from vacation! Had a great time, really enjoyed the horseback riding. We also did lots of walking and hiking.

Here's what I did today from JSTV:

Steady State Cardio-30 Minute Fat Burning Indoor Cardio
Interval Cardio + Core-30 Minute High Intensity Interval Cardio and Abs

Tomorrow I start back with STS, Phase 2. Looking forward to hitting the weights again!

It's been another week of Jessica Smith TV workouts for me. Jodi, I love them too. I found that my weight loss is from tension so... not happy about it anymore.
I tried the 2 workouts Jodi did on Saturday. I love the Steady State Cardio, it is one of Jessica's newest Youtube releases. The other 4 newest ones are strength circuit which I found stress-relieving, a blast & core circuit which I found tough (lots of planks!) , a total body strength and a 30-min stretch routine which I didn't try yet.
The two 30-minute HIIT workouts do the job, they are not Cathe intensity but that's OK. There is an 8-minute Scary Tabata workout in which Peanut, Jessica's puppy changes 3 Halloween costumes: a princess, a bee and a shark :)
I did walking workouts which incorporated 7 lbs dumbbells or resistance band. I liked her 40 minute indoor jogging workout.
I tried Kickbutt Kickboxing 34 mins which is nice but Jessica's voice can't be heard, music is too loud in this one. The kickbox circuit is great and one of her more challenging ones. There is also Kickbox with abs focus 28 min if I remember correctly it was pretty nice.
I work my abs almost every day so most of Jessica's abs workouts are too long for this, I prefer 5-10 minute ones. I always prefer laying on the mat to work my abs and Jessica's 5 minute "mat ab blaster" is perfect.Some days, I added a standing ballet or pilates inspired ab workout. I don't feel the standing work that much but I believe it will help me improve my balance.
Jessica has an 8 minute no-equipment lower body workout which is sweet and tough. She says you can repeat it 2-3 times but I didn't think so :)
Jessica's stretches are mostly standing and upper-body focused. I usually need to stretch my lower back and hips, so I prefer mostly her chair stretches.
Greetings my friends!

Last edited:
Hi all! Here's what I've been doing since last check in:

Sun-STS Disc 13, Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and STS Med Ball Abs

Mon-a 10-minute Toning Walk from JSTV, LIS Slide & Glide, and Fit in 15: Kickboxing 101 from JSTV. Not a big fan of the Slide & Glide workout. I may try some of it without the discs.

Tues-STS Disc 14, Legs and STS Extended Stretch

Wed-ICE Rock'm Sock'm, the main workout and Core 1, and Short & Sweet Stretch from JSTV

Thurs-STS Disc 15, Back & Biceps and from JSTV, a 30-Minute Dance Walk (Disco Mix). Svetlana, if you haven't tried this one yet, check it out. So fun and great music!

Fri-normally a rest day but I had off for the holiday and needed some more stretching so I did premix #2 from Yoga Relax.

Sat-a 30-minute Interval Walk/Jog and a 20-minute Cardio Abs workout from JSTV

Today-STS Disc 16, Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Core Strength from Lindsay Brin

This phase of STS is giving me serious DOMS!!! My triceps were so incredibly sore all week and it feels right now like this week will be no different!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi friends,
Jodi, Tom - yep, I'm doing well :) I may, God willing, become a Canadian PR in a couple of weeks.
I'm busy preparing so many things!
I've been doing only Jessica Smith TV since my check-in, except for a 30-minute P57 lower body workout with Shelley Knight.
I have the other 2 P57 workouts which I postpone trying because of the tendency of P57 instructors to use such terms as "stretch those love handles" . Nope, I don't have such "handles" and I don't workout for appearances!
Jessica Smith, I love her more and more! She is like a friend in my living room. I find her free YouTube workouts have the intensity I need right now i.e. lower- intermediate.
I must go, Take care everybody!

Hey All! Samo samo for me, pretty much a bodypart/day, but adding tri's to chest and bi's to back and thus hitting arms twice/week' Chest and presses have really been curtailed due to a right shoulder "thang", but had a little better day on shoulders today and so that's encouraging! Svetlana, hope the Canada thing works out for you, you will be able to check in at "normal times" lol! Jodi, sounds like you are killing sts and adding stuff to it?? tougher than me! Hope the quest for pullups is going well! Nathalie, hoping your shoulder is mending, stinks when injuries ruins your pursuit of fitness..hang in there! Have a great day all!

Hi Everyone,

My shoulder is on the mend Tom. Yes I am hanging. My training is cardio at the moment. Very light weight occasionally.
How is yours?

Last week Workout were: Imax2, cardio blast from Body max2,Bootcamp --- ICE, Low impact challenge and cycle max.

Monday: Imax2
Tuesday:Metabolic total ICE
Wednesday: Yoga max
Thursday: 4DS Kickboxing + Cycle max express premix

Svetlana: Hope you settle smoothly in Canada. Also hope everything works out for you and your familly.
Jodi: Seems like you are having fun doing STS.:);).

I have the other 2 P57 workouts which I postpone trying because of the tendency of P57 instructors to use such terms as "stretch those love handles" . Nope, I don't have such "handles" and I don't workout for appearances!

Amen to this above Jodi --/-- Sigh:)

Looking forward to the first strong and Sweaty clip. We should get one soon. I hope!:p

Hello friends,
I continue my Jessica Smith TV regimen. I'm pleased with it, Though I don't gain strength or cardio stamina, I feel more gracious and balanced:) And her workouts are easy to fit in - mostly no equipment, no need to wear snickers etc.
Jodi, if you are interested - I find her 34 minute Met Con workout the toughest on Youtube, out of the 80+ workouts I tried.
My favorites are the 47 Cardio with playground ball and 37 minute Resistance Band fusion.
And I mostly use her 1 -mile walks and short Hiits.
Nathalie - glad your shoulder is recovering!
Tom - yes, I will check in during "normal times" when I land in Calgary. :) I hope I won't be so overwhelmed and busy and I will continue working out as soon as I recover from the jetlag . My flight is on Thursday - a 25 hour travel including travel by car to Istanbul airport and then 2 flights :)

I like what I see on Cathe's previews of Bootcamp and Supersets but I'm not ordering these. I won't have the required equipment any time soon. I will buy the Cardio Slam download for sure :)
I'll try to check in as soon as I'm settled. Take care, my friends!

Svetlana, glad the trip is coming together for you, but wow, 25 hours is " endurance travel" for sure! Hope the flights and road travel are safe and enjoyable. I'm still doing a body part/ day, working arms 2/ week, tri's with chest and bi's with back then both once/ week. Still fighting some shoulder and tendonitis issues, but pushing thru and have managed to put on 30+, mostly good pounds and I'm thrilled! I was WAY to thin and now I'm definitely NOT!! Hope you enjoy your new life in North America...welcome to the continent!!

Hi buddies,
Greetings from Calgary :)
Today's workout was ICE Low Impact #1 and the barre sections from Xtrain Legs & Lean Legs and Abs.
I was doing equipment-free workouts ...but yesterday I missed a bus and bought a pair of 5 lbs dumbbells while waiting for the next one :)
That was the beginning of my Canadian fitness hoarding.
I wish you nice holidays!

Hi everyone!

I'm still chipping away at STS. I'm in the second week of Phase 3, and I love it. It's amazing to me that I can lift as much as I have been!

For cardio, I've been doing Cathe Live which I also love. For ab work, I've mainly been doing stuff from JSTV. Love Jessica!

I've also been doing 1-mile walks on my lunch break when I can. Mainly I use JSTV, but I've also tried stuff from Leslie Sansone and Pahla B. Fitness. I have to say, though, JSTV is the best.

Svetlana, good to hear from you as always. Natalie and Tom, hope you two are doing well!

Hi Everyone,

I have not checked in but Iam still working out....:). I am also attending Physio therapy appointment to rehab
my shoulder. Shoulder is getting better and better.

Last week workout were: Bootcamp ICE, Party Rocking --- Step mix, Party Rocking 2, Metabolic Total Body ICE.
I also did Rythm ride from cathe on demand:);) It was fun;)

Monday: INTENSITY, the yellow one. I forgot how that one stand by it's name:);)

Svetlana: My shoulder is getting better. To reply to your question. I had a shoulder injury before lifting consistently
I did not look after the injury the way I should have. Then I neglected mobility and stretching a little bit.
That exacerbated the injury.

Jodi: Glad you are enjoying STS. Have a great time off. Are you getting a spin bike?
Tom: Hope your shoulder is getting better.

Have great week everyone:)

Top of the morning ladies! I am still doing bodypart/ day adding tris to chest and bis to back. Svetlana, glad you are safely grounded in BALMY Canada. Jodi, sounds like STS is going great.....fun getting stronger isn't it? Sounds like you are doing that! Nathalie, continued good wishes on the shoulder rehab, mine is better and I modify bench somewhat and can get thru sets now. Have a great week ladies!

Hi Everyone,

I have not checked in but Iam still working out....:). I am also attending Physio therapy appointment to rehab
my shoulder. Shoulder is getting better and better.

Last week workout were: Bootcamp ICE, Party Rocking --- Step mix, Party Rocking 2, Metabolic Total Body ICE.
I also did Rythm ride from cathe on demand:);) It was fun;)

Monday: INTENSITY, the yellow one. I forgot how that one stand by it's name:);)

Svetlana: My shoulder is getting better. To reply to your question. I had a shoulder injury before lifting consistently
I did not look after the injury the way I should have. Then I neglected mobility and stretching a little bit.
That exacerbated the injury.

Jodi: Glad you are enjoying STS. Have a great time off. Are you getting a spin bike?
Tom: Hope your shoulder is getting better.

Have great week everyone:)

Nathalie, a spin bike is on my wish list, but no immediate plans to purchase one yet. Did you sign up for On Demand? Glad your shoulder is improving!

Tom, keep on keeping on! Also glad to hear your shoulder is better.

Nathalie, a spin bike is on my wish list, but no immediate plans to purchase one yet. Did you sign up for On Demand? Glad your shoulder is improving!

Tom, keep on keeping on! Also glad to hear your shoulder is better.

Hope Santa comes as soon as possible with regards to the bike Jodi! Yes I have subscribed Cathe on Demand.
This has enabled me to try Cardio slam and cycle sweat. I am still waiting for my dvds set. I know it is our post holding on my parcel.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.