Nia Shanks

Justine..I'm glad you mentioned finishers, where do you find those? I ordered the basic package and I'm not sure they are there.I went cheap because I didn't think I would use a lot of the other stuff...my bad? I should be able to make them up; not my first rodeo; but I'm trying to break into the program and get used to it a little. I'm procrastinating today due to LEG DAY but slowly getting up my nerve I am not a big orderer, but was swayed by ya'lls glowing comments and I think I am really gonna like it...once I get used to it, I do think I will need the finishers of some sort as I continue.

Tslop - Nia's finishers were extra. They're good and simple, 10 minute cardio / metabolic 'blasts'. I'm currently using the LWF#2 as finishers - very similar to Nia's, just a little more inventive. Do you have kettlebells? 100 swings with a heavy bell (in 10 sets) is what I turn to when I'm unsure what to try! (I use a 22kg bell - only 5 breaths allowed between sets - it's surprisingly hard.) Or you could jump rope, do burpees etc. It's that sort of stuff that Nia uses. I think its only really necessary if you want to burn fat. The lifting should raise your HR enough for a cardio effect - especially on leg days ;)

Oh, I've just thought - GGS occasionally post ideas for finishers
https://www.girlsgonestrong.com/15-min-bodyweight-hiit-workout/

T
Tslop - Nia's finishers were extra. They're good and simple, 10 minute cardio / metabolic 'blasts'. I'm currently using the LWF#2 as finishers - very similar to Nia's, just a little more inventive. Do you have kettlebells? 100 swings with a heavy bell (in 10 sets) is what I turn to when I'm unsure what to try! (I use a 22kg bell - only 5 breaths allowed between sets - it's surprisingly hard.) Or you could jump rope, do burpees etc. It's that sort of stuff that Nia uses. I think its only really necessary if you want to burn fat. The lifting should raise your HR enough for a cardio effect - especially on leg days ;)

Oh, I've just thought - GGS occasionally post ideas for finishers
https://www.girlsgonestrong.com/15-min-bodyweight-hiit-workout/
Thanks Justine..I do have some kbs..50# is my heaviest. I don't want to lose any weight(maybe a little fat) but may do some swings and probably some isolation excercises. Today I finished with some toe raises because it seemed like a leg day and calves seemed slighted. Thanks again!

Not that I need any more programmes - but do any of you know anything about this?
http://leanandlovelyprogram.com/sign-up/?&w=besttool&r=abdgg&p=3&hop=tonyg18
I notice she's a Girl Gone Strong.....I think it's a KB programme. Sounds quite fun.

I have it, but I have not done it yet. I did her Superheroine program though and I really liked it.

For lean and lovely, there are 3 phases (plus an optional phase at the beginning), 4 weeks each, with 4 workouts (A to D).

According to her manual:

• Days A/B/C start with a TGU and core focus, followed by a strength circuit, and ending in a short metabolic finisher.

• D Day is a complex, meaning you will not put the kettlebell down until you
have completed one full set of all the exercises listed.

Exercises gets difficult in each phase. She mentioned an example for the squat progression:

(Optional Primer Phase): Bodyweight Squat

Phase One: Goblet Squat

Phase Two: Unilateral “Rack” Squat

Phase Three: Bilateral “Rack” Squat OR Barbell Squat

Hope this helps.

I've done a LWF#2 spreadsheet with notes on weights used and brief thoughts on the workouts. I can't upload an excel spreadsheet though - any ideas how to overcome this? Maybe I can attach it in a conversation?
Anyway, let me know if it's of use to anyone. (I wanted something I could tick off, without having to print out the LWF book)

I've done a LWF#2 spreadsheet with notes on weights used and brief thoughts on the workouts. I can't upload an excel spreadsheet though - any ideas how to overcome this? Maybe I can attach it in a conversation?
Anyway, let me know if it's of use to anyone. (I wanted something I could tick off, without having to print out the LWF book)

I would love to see it as well if it can be shared. Thanks!

Scuppered, love that word, mind if I use it, Justine?

Yeah, I wanna steal it too. Not fair that those living across the Pond have so many fun words in their daily vocabulary!

Justine, I am a technology troglodyte (my attempt at a fun word) so this might not help you, but I know there are free online programs that allow you to convert from .xlsx to .xls. Just Google it. Can't recommend a specific site since I've never used one. Also found this Microsoft Support Page that might give you answers.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.