Lean Legs and Abs

Roxie 1965

Cathlete
I usually dread leg days I just don't enjoy working legs and I have been pretty bad about abs lately so I decided to try this workout today and I have to say I absolutely loved this one there is no dread and the ab section is totally doable this one is going to be my favorite leg and ab workout.

I usually dread leg days I just don't enjoy working legs and I have been pretty bad about abs lately so I decided to try this workout today and I have to say I absolutely loved this one there is no dread and the ab section is totally doable this one is going to be my favorite leg and ab workout.

I'm doing this again either tomorrow or Wed. I like the fact that Cathe did 2 different lower body workouts. You really feel a difference from one to the other. I dread chest and back days. I love leg day!!!!

I did this workout for the first time today. I, too, dread leg days. But, I enjoyed this workout. I like the minimal equipment, balance moves and floor exercises.
This is a great addition to Cathe's other lower body workouts.
The core work is very good too.

Not feeling it

Maybe because I've only done it once, but I didn't really feel it in my quads. Granted, I have knee issues so I can't go as deep in the front and diagonal lunges. But even with the one legged squat where you kind of lean forward in the squat, my quads didn't burn.
The only time I felt my quads on fire was the floor work and the leg extensions. I wish we had done more of those. But I do like the workout.

Maybe because I've only done it once, but I didn't really feel it in my quads. Granted, I have knee issues so I can't go as deep in the front and diagonal lunges. But even with the one legged squat where you kind of lean forward in the squat, my quads didn't burn.
The only time I felt my quads on fire was the floor work and the leg extensions. I wish we had done more of those. But I do like the workout.

It might be because of the light weights you should try going heavier.:D Although it will be difficult to go too heavy because she is also working your upper body as well. I am just using this workout for cardio you should use one of her other heavy lower body workouts if going heavier with the weights don't work.:D

I had the same problem as JULSCARVER--I didn't feel it. I really enjoyed it, it was a fun workout, but it felt more intermediate level. I did use the same weights as Cathe so I will go heavier next time, but my concern with that is how fast the workout moves. It would be hard to go "heavy." I'm thinking I might try it with a weighted vest and 10 poun dumbbells. I didn't feel (at least with the 8 pound weights) it qualified as a cardio workout either.

I will say I felt it in my quads when we got to the standing chair work with the dumbbell held on the quad--that was painful for me. So was the floor work with the firewalker--that was pretty intense, too. I used a green firewalker for everything in this workout. In the future I think I will use the blue firewalker for the first/standing part but stick with the green firewalker for the mat work.

I really enjoyed the core work, too.

:( oh no! Here I was, thinking my legs must just have got soooo much stronger, but it turns out the w/o is a little easier than some :p
I'm going to go heavier next time, too. Great Glutes gave me a better burn.

when I did it, I went heavier and did not do the upper body. I did not do any overhead presses and the one where you put your weights down and cross back. I did not stand all the way up, I did a low squat then went to the next side. Even without doing any upper body but going heavier, my heartrate still got up. I also loved with firewalker part, but the part on the floor was killer for me, esp the second side. I'll be alternating side to start with here.

Hi all

Yeah I am loving this new workout series. Did Knockout Rockout yesterday and today was Lean Legs and abs. I really enjoyed the bonus barre section of this workout. Also the music is fab. Question is what shall I do tomorrow lol. Has to be cardio, so I may try one of the new step workouts.

Laura

I just finished this with the barre work, plus I added the bonus barre from GG (which is only about 6 min.) and loved it! I could really fell my quads by the end. I topped it off with X10 LI, which has more leg work in it. LL&A is another winner for me!

I just finished this with the barre work, plus I added the bonus barre from GG (which is only about 6 min.) and loved it! I could really fell my quads by the end. I topped it off with X10 LI, which has more leg work in it. LL&A is another winner for me!

I did a similar LLA/GG combo yesterday and it was great .

If you want to really get the most out of LLA, I recommend that you do some leg-intensive cardio first. Tuesday, I did Pedal Power, then Hiit 30/30 (skipped the warm up), and finished w/LLA & the GG Chair bonus. Pedal Power was burning my quads so I had pre-exhausted them before I got to LLA.

Also, I found that the more you do LLA, the better you get at focusing on engaging the right muscles since you know what's coming. I'm still finding those curtsey lunges/overhead presses a little awkward but going down to 5lb dumbbells just for that one exercise helps a lot. With time, the muscle memory will develop, especially since those are also in FlexTrain.

Here's another little gem.....the standing portion of LL@A combined with Total Body Trisets lower body....Whew!!!!:D

Adding a weighted vest will allow you to go heavier with the legs but still keep the weights light in your hands. This is what I do and it works great!

with flex train...

So I did flextrain this afternoon (2pm). Did LL@A, (10pm, I work nights so have an odd schedule) including the barre work. Felt it MUCH more in my quads this time. I suspect the legs were quasi exhausted from the flextrain, so the exercises were able to tire out my legs?

So I did flextrain this afternoon (2pm). Did LL@A, (10pm, I work nights so have an odd schedule) including the barre work. Felt it MUCH more in my quads this time. I suspect the legs were quasi exhausted from the flextrain, so the exercises were able to tire out my legs?

This is almost how I tried out these 2 workouts the first time. I did LL&A in the evening and did FT the next morning. I was feeling my quads by the end of the day. I'm enjoying these new dvd's so much and even more now with doing them 2 to 3 times now.

thumbs up

I got my videos on Monday but had a half marathon on tap for Saturday so I was holding off on doing any.( Did Flex) I did LLA today and wasn't sure if it was a smart idea the day after my run, but it was perfect. I might be kicking myself tomorrow but I liked the new moves and the non-dread factor.

I got my videos on Monday but had a half marathon on tap for Saturday so I was holding off on doing any.( Did Flex) I did LLA today and wasn't sure if it was a smart idea the day after my run, but it was perfect. I might be kicking myself tomorrow but I liked the new moves and the non-dread factor.

Good Luck in your half, I decide mine just isn't going to happen, I'm not satisfied to just jog through one, and I'm definitely not ready to run through one. :p

Hopefully there will be a next time. ;)

Oh wait did I misread that? so you already had your half? If so, how'd it go?

I did LLA for the second time Saturday and got it so much better, my legs were talking to me, big time!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.