Alternatives to plyo legs

lovebeingmom

Cathlete
I'm on my second week of Meso 3(doing it the first time)

I've had ZERO knee problems till I did plyo last week. My knee was bothering me for 2 days afterwards

I have no problems doing squats holding 30 lb dumbbells but dont have a squat rack to do the other options(plus i dont have the squat dvd's either)

i tried doing this weeks plyo workout today and all the jumping really bothers me

what would you do? i dont want to do Meso 2 legs again or should I?

any ideas? should i just do a 5x5 leg day or something similar off the internet?

i have pyramids lower body I could do. any ideas?

I'm on my second week of Meso 3(doing it the first time)

I've had ZERO knee problems till I did plyo last week. My knee was bothering me for 2 days afterwards

I have no problems doing squats holding 30 lb dumbbells but dont have a squat rack to do the other options(plus i dont have the squat dvd's either)

i tried doing this weeks plyo workout today and all the jumping really bothers me

what would you do? i dont want to do Meso 2 legs again or should I?

any ideas? should i just do a 5x5 leg day or something similar off the internet?

i have pyramids lower body I could do. any ideas?

Could you just modify modify modify? Instead of the high impact stuff when it comes up, just do air squats, running mans on higher step, or step ups, low impact jacks, or other things? This is what I do when things come up that I simply cannot tolerate....I just do what I can...it requires some planning, but I believe is do-able.

Best wishes

Why not the Squat Rack workouts, but use a weighted vest?

I agree w/Tracy about modifying the higher impact moves. You could also do jacks, cross country skiing, etc on your disks if all else fails.

If you have the XTrain series---I found the floor portion of AOLI HIIT to be a leg burner---You could do that and then add on the weight only pre-mix of Cardio Legs.

You can do the weights only and skip the plyos, and then add on a tough floor work routine to boost it to about 45-50 minutes. Like the floor work from Gym Styles, Butts and Guts, or Lower Body Blast. I have to do that myself-I can do plyo work alone but when I alternate plyos with wts THEN I get knee pain.
Beth

I find XTRAIN Cardio Leg Blast easier to modify and get a better workout from it than Plyo Legs. I have a PF-ish foot so I substitute "step ups" for jumping on and off the box, and I have my sliding discs handy for quick substitutions for anything with a lot of impact. My tuck jumps and air jacks are more like tuck hops and air hops :p...but I am sweatin' right along with Cathe & Crew!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.