Great thrift store fitness finds????.?

tralaiven

Cathlete
I am so excited! I was at our local thrift store getting glassware for the centerpieces for my daughters wedding...when lo and behold there was Cathes weighted vest just waiting for me to take it home for $10! :eek:

I just checked and it is normally $44 plus shipping!
Yep, that's right!

I have wanted it ever since I got STS two years ago but it was always put on the back burner.

Has anyone else got a great thrift store find to share??.

YES! Several years ago I came across the Step Club step (like Cathe uses) with 4 risers for $15 at Salvation Army. I was absolutely giddy :)

Many moons ago when I was a "Firmie" and getting disenchanted with their new productions (after the split), I came across mention of Cathe on the Collage forums. While I was researching her, I found 3 of her VHS tapes at a local thrift shop (Step Works, Body Max and Power Max). I actually squealed in the store! That was my very humbling introduction to Cathe, and I've never been so grateful. Incidentally, the weight work in Body Max is still most challenging to me (Cathe and her biceps:eek:).

Funny story: I actually bought my Sister's dress at a thrift store. I told her I found one like hers, and she informed me that it wasn't 'like' hers, it WAS hers--she had just donated it.

Last edited:
Awesome! What a great savings! I love getting those deals. I once found a complete step bench at a garage sale so now I can do the step ups with four risers so I didnt have to buy a high step. I also found a large mirror for like $10 so I can do my workouts in them. :cool:

I love it when people buy fitness stuff with good intentions - and often no solid history of fitness - then fail only so we benefit. Wait. That sounds mean and selfish. Guess I am when I get a like new Step for $15!!

Many moons ago when I was a "Firmie" and getting disenchanted with their new productions (after the split), I came across mention of Cathe on the Collage forums. While I was researching her, I found 3 of her VHS tapes at a local thrift shop (Step Works, Body Max and Power Max). I actually squealed in the store! That was my very humbling introduction to Cathe, and I've never been so grateful. Incidentally, the weight work in Body Max is still most challenging to me (Cathe and her biceps:eek:).

Funny story: I actually bought my Sister's dress at a thrift store. I told her I found one like hers, and she informed me that it wasn't 'like' hers, it WAS hers--she had just donated it.

Elsie,
That reminds me of a similar story with my sister. Years ago we went bikini shopping in the two different respective cities where we lived. We lived about 100 miles apart. We had not discussed the fact that we were going bikini shopping until after the fact. When we finally got to talking on the phone about it, say 1-2 weeks later, we both said that we got the cutest bikini at macy's and guess what? It was the exact same one! Out of all the stores and All the hundreds of bikinis we could have gotten and we got the same one!

Sisters!

Too funny!!

Funny story: I actually bought my Sister's dress at a thrift store. I told her I found one like hers, and she informed me that it wasn't 'like' hers, it WAS hers--she had just donated it.[/QUOTE]

Bought reebok stepper rarely used, 5 yoga and fitness DVDs and wt lifting gloves from a craigslist seller all for under $60. Found a 10 lb dumbbell for $4.50 at goodwill, bought matching one at 2nd Wind for $13. Bought adjustable rarely used dbells total 40lbs for $30 on craigs list. Multiple sets of various weighted dumbbells at marshals or tjmax for inexpensive prices. Bought Cathe Xtrain, ride, and Sts bundles for nearly half regular price on eBay. Her web offer for low impact bundle was best i could fine anywhere And all of this was accomplished just this past month when I discovered and fell in love with Cathe!!! Always hated and failed at working out from home until now Ready to quit the pricey fitness club now that I have her!

Bought reebok stepper rarely used, 5 yoga and fitness DVDs and wt lifting gloves from a craigslist seller all for under $60. Found a 10 lb dumbbell for $4.50 at goodwill, bought matching one at 2nd Wind for $13. Bought adjustable rarely used dbells total 40lbs for $30 on craigs list. Multiple sets of various weighted dumbbells at marshals or tjmax for inexpensive prices. Bought Cathe Xtrain, ride, and Sts bundles for nearly half regular price on eBay. Her web offer for low impact bundle was best i could fine anywhere And all of this was accomplished just this past month when I discovered and fell in love with Cathe!!! Always hated and failed at working out from home until now Ready to quit the pricey fitness club now that I have her!

Good for you! You have definitely been busy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.