Eye Cream

fox2star

Cathlete
Hi,

loved the post on the tinted moisturizer, so I thought I would start one here on eye cream. ( Hope this was not done before).

I am looking for something that you put on under make up, or tinted moisturizer, for that area right under your eye. so that it kind of plumps up, or at least minimizes the "crepy" look. :(.

Any one have one that they really like?

My mom used to sell Mary Kay and they had a really good product for under the eyes. I liked it alot and it really made circles and etc under the eye disappear. I can't remember the name of it since she stopped selling it years ago but you might want to look at their product line.

I use Oil od Olay ProX eye cream for day, and you can get on Ebay, and it works very well.

At night I use Shishedo Furture Solution eye cream and unfortunately it is about 60 on Ebay. It retails for over !20 dollars.

I tried BeautiControl but got tired of having to order it rather than pick it up at the store and I didn't notice any changes in the lines around my eyes. Then I tried ROC but again didn't see any changes... I finally tried Estee Lauder and I have noticed that my eyes look better; I'm happy with the results! It is a bit pricy but a little goes a long way.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Trstacie, I'll go to their website and check it out, thanks,

Caitln, I may have had that in the past, and don't remember why I did not repurchase..mmm..

Jenniferlove, which Estee Lauder cream do you use?

Hi Deb,

I use the Advanced Night Repair Eye repair.
Right now, if they are still doing it, you can go to their website and make a purchase (eyeliner for example - $20 - steep, I know) and then get 4 free samples... One of the choices is the Advanced Night repair for the face/neck (which I also use and love). Seriously, I noticed a difference quickly!
Sometimes Macy's has Estee gifts with a $35 purchase.

Good Luck!
Jennifer

I was looking for a new eye cream and heard Estee Lauder was really good. I agree about ROC, just like Jennifer said, not that great.

Thanks for this thread! Now I have some idea's...

Natasha

I just use Renova all over my face, including my eyelids and below my eyes. No crepe paper eye lids! It's expensive and you have to make sure it doesn't get in your eyes, but it's very effective for your whole face, neck, upper chest and hands.

I use Strivectin eye cream, and one called Revaleskin for the rest of my face. I like how it makes the area feel, soft and moisturized without getting puffy. I'm not sure if it makes a difference in appearance. my skin feels "tight" the few times I've forgotten to use it.

gratefuldog said:
I tried Rentin A .05% and my face peeled non stop for an entire month. I gave up on it! Wrinkles looked better than peely skin! Everyone said that it would stop and I would love the results, but it never stopped! It was embaressing.
Right now I am a month into using Strivectin. No difference yet.
What percent is Renova?

My Renova is .02% although it may come in different strengths FYI, although Renova and Retin-a are the same thing, the difference is the base. I learned this from my dermatologist. She told me that Retin-a is actually in a base that is intended to dry, because it is meant to treat acne, whereas Renova is in an emollient base because it's intended to treat wrinkles. She explained this to me because I was asking for a prescription for Retin-a because it's so much cheaper (you can get generics). I took her advice and stuck with the Renova. Oh and I've never used it around my eyes...thought we weren't supposed to do that. I'm going to ask my derm about that the next time I see her. I originally went to her for something completely different, but then learned that her area of research is anti-aging, so I pick her brain every time I go. In case you're curious, she uses Renova herself.

In case you're curious, her number one anti-aging advice is to use full spectrum sun screen ALWAYS, not just when you think you'll be in the sun. Wish I'd known THAT when I was 16!

Jenniferlove said:
Does the Renova cause redness on your face?

It hasn't for me and I have extremely "thin" very fair skin (seriously, my face flushes bright red when I bend over!). I really like it. Not cheap but worth it.

You need to start Renova or Retin A at a low percent (0.05%). My dermatologist is smart. He told me to use it two days in a row, then use moisturizer on the third night. Little by little I got my skin used to it and have no redness or peeling. I'm now using 0.1. By alternating the moisturizer, it gives your skin a chance to "rest." I hardly ever use moisturizer now (maybe every 5th day). Every body has different skin, but this worked for me. I've been using it for more years than I care to admit -- ha ha. It's a great product but it does take managing, especially at first.

Oh yes, you really have to be careful about being in the sun. Because your skin is "new" all the time, it can burn very easily. Lots of sun screen!

I've been using Sephora's "wrinkle filler" as of late and LOVING it. I put it on before my concealer and it fills in all my lines and leaves my undereye skin with a nice, smooth finish. So then my concealer does what it's supposed to do - cover my dark circles - not draw attention to the aging skin around my eyes. It's not an eye cream, per say, as in it doesn't treat wrinkles, age spots or what-have-you, but I am loving it's filling effects. I bought it at my Sephora inside JC Penney store and it was $20 for a little pot of it. A lot goes a long way.

I just started using Olay's skin tightening gel under my moisturizer & noticed an immediate difference, esp. w/my droopy lids. They're a bit less droopy & have improved bit by bit over the last week. I was pleasantly surprised b/c it wasn't cheap & I'm usually pretty skeptical about this stuff.

Laure,

what is the actual name of the Olay product? I looked up Eye treatments for Olay on Makeup Alley and there are quite a few to choose from.

Deb

I just started using Olay's skin tightening gel under my moisturizer & noticed an immediate difference, esp. w/my droopy lids. They're a bit less droopy & have improved bit by bit over the last week. I was pleasantly surprised b/c it wasn't cheap & I'm usually pretty skeptical about this stuff.

LauraMax is that the exact name of the Olay product? What series of Olay products can I find this gel is it the age defyne series etc..? Thanks!

I have been using this stuff called Face Lift Youth Serum Syn-ake and it's the most effect anti-wrinkle I've ever tried. I use it on all my expression lines...crows feet, the forehead wrinkle, the "eleven's" between my eyes and the lines by the nasolabial area. It relaxes the wrinkle and smoothes out the skin. I swear it's the only thing I've tried that actually is noticeable. I used to be able to buy it at Walgreen's but they aren't carrying it anymore so I had to get it on Amazon this last time. Good stuff!

Cokonkel,

I saw good reviews on this stuff at Amazon. How do you use it? under moisturizer? in am and pm? Inquiring minds want to know!! LOL

I'll use it under moisturizer usually. I pump a bit on my finger and just put it directly on the lines themselves. It's really pretty awesome! :) I buy a lot of moisturizers/creams/antiwrinkle stuff and this is pretty much the only product I've purchased over and over. With other stuff I'll bounce around and try something different each time I go to the store! When I couldn't find it at WalGreen's I about freaked out!:eek: I was relieved when I found it on Amazon!

Sometimes I'll buy and use various retinol products too, but like others said it can make your skin peel and get red. This last time I bought Neutrogena night time retinol with hyalronic acid and use it at night only. I think it makes a difference. Nothing has a more immediate effect then the Syn-ake though!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.