No Thanksgiving here1

kenja

Cathlete
I love reading about your Thanksgiving celebrations. Being in Australia we don't do Thanksgiving, obviously. In a way I am glad we don't as it is very close to Christmas and all those calories scare me!!!!
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with your families!
Jane

That 1 in the heading was meant to be a !

Being I used to live in northern MI, the snow and cold air made the calories not so bad plus I got to work them off by shoveling snow and chopping wood. This was back in the late 70s but the snow and the need for wood hasnt changed. Where I live now, I can shovel snow and do Cathe workouts to curb the calories.

I find this fascinating as I have never seen snow where I live! I can't imagine having to shovel snow!!!!
We never get below zero temperatures.
Jane

No Thanksgiving here in Canada either (ours was in October). But in our family, Thanksgiving is not really a big deal. No elaborate dinner's or celebrations, just some turkey, stuffing and veggies (booorrring). I always wanted to attend a big Thanksgiving dinner celebration in the USA. I see it on TV and hear about it all the time and it looks super YUMMY! No wonder why Americans eat 3,000 cal that day!

Mini-Natty, if it was possible, I would invite you and your family over to the States for the Holiday. My neighbor is Canadian and her family lives north of Toronto, I think she does celebrate the Canadian Holidays and some of the American ones.

Mini-Natty, if it was possible, I would invite you and your family over to the States for the Holiday. My neighbor is Canadian and her family lives north of Toronto, I think she does celebrate the Canadian Holidays and some of the American ones.

Awww that was very sweet of you JT! Where north of Toronto does she live? I was born and raised in Toronto but just moved north also (Bradford). Have a great Thanksgiving to you and your family :)

I love reading about your Thanksgiving celebrations. Being in Australia we don't do Thanksgiving, obviously. In a way I am glad we don't as it is very close to Christmas and all those calories scare me!!!!
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with your families!
Jane

That 1 in the heading was meant to be a !

I love to read about Thanksgiving too,as here in Italy we don't do that.And I was scared too of all of those calories :D but very interested in the last 2 newsletters because it must be a beautiful celebration and a great way to start Christmas time.I hope all of you Cathletes are having a great time with your families and friends.Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

DH and I are vegetarians, so no traditional US Thanksgiving with turkey etc. for us! DH is of making a non-meat moussaka in honor of his Greek heritage.

Thanksgiving for me has never been about the food, it is about family, no matter how large or small or whether related by blood or not, and giving thanks for the blessings in life that we tend to forget in our busy day to day lives. So happy Thanksgiving to all of you around the world!

I love to read about Thanksgiving too,as here in Italy we don't do that.And I was scared too of all of those calories :D but very interested in the last 2 newsletters because it must be a beautiful celebration and a great way to start Christmas time.I hope all of you Cathletes are having a great time with your families and friends.Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Hello EllieB! Where in Italy are you from? I was born in Canada but my parents are Italian and I have lots of family there. Maybe that's why our thanksgiving is never a big deal. You want big, come see our Christmas Eve!! That's my 3000 cal right there!

Hello EllieB! Where in Italy are you from? I was born in Canada but my parents are Italian and I have lots of family there. Maybe that's why our thanksgiving is never a big deal. You want big, come see our Christmas Eve!! That's my 3000 cal right there!

Hi mini-natty! I was born in the north of Italy (Milan area) but then got married and moved to Reggio Emilia (more ore less 70 Km away from Bologna). where are your parents from?
Don't tell me about Christmas Eve/Christmas Lunch: for DH and I are 2 days in which we try to avoid eating to much but it's really the hardest time of all! :eek: :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.