In loving memory of Chris Clarke

LauraMax

Cathlete
Many of you who've been on Cathe's road trips probably remember Chris, the tall lanky man who was always smiling.

Many of you also may be aware that Chris has been very ill. I recieved an email from his SO that he passed away last night. I believe it was peaceful & painless. He asked me to let all Chris's friends know, hence this post.

This world will be much worse off without his kindness, caring & joy for life. I'll miss him very much, & I'm sure many of you will too.

For those of you interested in the arrangements, please PM me & I'll share them as soon as I have them.

Please keep Chris's SO & family in your thoughts & prayers.

Last edited:
I'm also sorry to hear this, Laura. I know he was a really good friend of yours. My thoughts and prayers are out to his family. I hope you are ok, too. {{{hugs}}}

Oh Laura,

I saw the thread title and my heart sank. I so enjoyed meeting him and being able to spend some time at the roadtrips together. (((hugs))) to you, I know you will miss him terribly, and my prayers to his family and SO.

Oh Laura, I am so very sad right now. I can't believe he is gone. Such a gentle, loving and warm man. A heart of gold.

.........Chris, we love and miss you! My thoughts and prayers are with you in heaven, also with your SO and your family at this time. Please rest in peace.........

Laura,

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I remember Chris from the '09 RT. He was such a sweetie and had a wonderful sense of humor. Sending lots of (((((((((hugs)))))))) for you, Chris' SO and his other family members. I hope memories bring you some comfort with time but it's never easy to say good bye. :(

He will be missed by many.

So very sad. Chris was such a great guy and he will definitely be missed. The RT will not be the same without him. Hugs and prayers to his SO and the rest of his family and friends, including you, Laura.

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting all of you lovely people on a RT yet, but sounds like I missed out on meeting an incredible person.

I remember seeing him in the RT photos you all post up so it feels like I know him.

I'm so sorry to hear about this and you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Laura stay strong, he's in good hands now :(

I was so sad to hear about Chris. He will certainly be missed by all those who knew him. (((((Hugs))))) to you Laura.

Laura,

Cathy and I are saddend by his passing. He was a very warm, friendly person. As the only other guy on the 2010 RT after the workouts we would revel in the fact that we had uncontested use of the locker rooms!

He will be missed! Our prayers go out to you and his family at this time.

Kevin & Cathy

My heart is so broken that he is gone but I have so many fun memories! We called each other "stepping partners" as we tried to always place our steps close to each other. He was such a wonderful friend that always had a smile on his face and just loved life! He will be missed so very much on the RT's. Many prayers for Carl, Chris's family & friends!

Thanks everyone for your warm thoughts & memories. I think Chris will live on through Cathletes--I know she & all of us meant so much to him!

I did a little digging & found my favorite pic of him (I know it was one of his favorites too :)). Regardless of our occasional differences & the fact that many of us have never even met, I do feel like we're one big family & I appreciate being able to share my sadness & happy memories about him with you all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.