Rant and *spoiler* for Dancing With the Stars

BAM

Cathlete
If you don't want to know who was voted off, stop reading now. Brandy was voted off and Bristol got to stay?????? REALLY?????? Is this politics in motion or what???? I am just speechless! The level of dance between the two is incomparable. What the *bleep* is going on? I know this is just a show but you get vested in the performers and when something unjust occurs, it's just hard to ignore. I hope the voting received from ABC is not tampered with but you can never be sure about stuff like that. I am just flabbergasted. Does anyone else feel as &*^$#@ as I do? :mad: ARGH!!!!

Bam

I haven't watched a single episode and had no desire to once I heard bristol was going to be on the show. She is not a star so why is she on a show called Dancing With The Stars. Didn't watch last season when Tom Delay was on - I mean seriously did the show run out of has beens that they have to inject political figures into the show?

Lurking around the internets I see that a lot of people share your disappointment and anger. However, Sarah Palin has a lot of fans and those fans are calling up for bristol even though they know she can't dance that well. For those callers its a political thing. Something to rub in the face of the "liberal media".

Personally, I am just tired of this country rewarding mediocrity.

rant over. just vote for your favorite and hope they win.

I have not watched every episode this season, but I was shocked by the vote last night as clearly everyone on the show was. Based on dancing ability, there is no way Bristol—even though she has certainly improved—should have made it to the finals over Brandi.

But I don't think voting was tampered with. The way the show is set up, sometimes popularity with viewers keeps someone in there far longer than they actually deserve to stay.

My feeling is, "Oh well, it's just a show." But it does kind of take away my interest in the final as I thought Brandi and Jennifer were top contenders.

I love the show but this year I was not really impressed with any of the contestants. I am so tired of Jennifer Grey's crying and complaining about her old body. I never heard that from Cloris or Florence. And Max and Brandy's strong attitudes were too much for me too this season. I love the charisma of the Kyle and I feel Bristol really has shown growth week to week and had no background in performing or dancing like so many on this show do.

But lets be real here people. The show is a popularity contest not a dance contest. If you have a large fan base you win....simple as that. Whether people are voting for Bristol's mom or not its evident that the people voting for her take voting seriously.

BTW, sometimes you can tell who's vying for the next show by who is sitting in the audience. This season I saw lots of Jamie Lee Curtis. I wonder if we will see her doing the Activia quick step.:eek:

Carmen.

Well, I agree that Brandy is a better dancer than Brsitol, but the show IS about voting and the voters were allowed to express who they favored.

I think Bristol has done a great job. She obviously isn't the same caliber of dancer as Jennifer or Brandy, but she went on the show having absolutely no dance experience and improved week by week. I think what she has done is admirable. Not everyone is going to like every personality on the show.

Ex=politican Ann Widdicome in the UK version is a pantomine act. Can't dance and rips into the judges. The underdogs viewed as someone who tries. Both versions are voting off better dancers and leving the underdog at present. As Len states it is an entertainment show. Saw a glimpse of Sarah Palin Alaska on the UK news bulletin. Brillant timing to keep daughter Bristol in the competition. Sheer genius!!! Something quite endearing about Bristol.

The best dancer doesn't necessarily stay on the show as proven by the fact that Rick Fox and Audrina were voted off pretty early. I thought Audrina had a good chance to be in the finals based on her dancing and although I didn't know who she was before, I liked the personality that came through on the show.

Obviously Brandy is a better dancer than Bristol, but people are also voting for who they like better. Brandy's personality actually got on my nerves after a while. Bristol has come a long way since the first show and there is something sweet and endearing about her. Maybe that had something to do with the votes.

Personally, I can appreciate that Jennifer Grey is dancing well but at this point i cannot stand her personality. I loved the movie Dirty Dancing but i find her really irritating now. I'd rather see Kyle or Bristol win but that's not likely at this point.

First the elections, now this...what's this country coming to.:confused:;)

Of the three that are not Bristol (who may also be getting some votes for improvement, or because people feel sorry for her being so low on the scoreboard? Or is there a 'vote for the worst" movement like there sometimes is for American Idol?) Brandy was my least favorite, but she was so much better than Bristol.

If Bristol gets in the top 2, I will have to restrain myself from throwiing something at the TV! That would be a total travesty. Worse than when Marie Osmond got into the top 3 (and did that horrible 'doll' dance).

I am so tired of Jennifer Grey's crying and complaining about her old body. I never heard that from Cloris or Florence.
In all fairness, Jennifer is doing some more technical, fast and difficult dances than I think anyone in the 40+ category has done on the show before.

BTW, sometimes you can tell who's vying for the next show by who is sitting in the audience. This season I saw lots of Jamie Lee Curtis. I wonder if we will see her doing the Activia quick step.:eek:

Carmen.
Jamie Lee is there because she's a good friend of Jennifer Grey's (just like Eliza Dushku was there because she was Rick what's-his-name's main squeeze).

Definitely read that Jezebel piece. this is what they are doing:

Here's a hint: They don't have to be VALID email addresses to register them with ABC.com, there is apparently no validation process. The just have to be formatted like a valid email address, and you must use a valid zip code and a birthdate that makes you old enough to vote. I'm voting like a democrat, all night long…

No, it doesn't have to be a valid email address – I had one of my anonymous ones [email protected] that I used, and then just did the sign-up process all over again with [email protected] and it worked.

Got my 80 votes in online…took 2 hours. I am beat

I only got 42 in, I have some catching up to do!

Lord have mercy, I voted for 3 hours online! I got 300 in.

Read more: http://jezebel.com/5691445/how-palin-conservatives-are-cheating-the-dwts-voting-system#ixzz15YtlHJir

In all fairness, Jennifer is doing some more technical, fast and difficult dances than I think anyone in the 40+ category has done on the show before.

Also, it's all about the editing. Jennifer might be complaining 10 minutes a week and the editors show all of it. Another dancer might be complaining 10 hours a week, but the editors show none of it. It's all about what the producers/ABC want the viewers to see.

Shelbygirl

I don't watch the show (tried it when it first came on but it was too much talking & not enough dancing), but I don't think Bristol's presence there is political. I think it's all about ratings. :p I cannot for the life of me figure out how Bristol making a fool of herself on DWTS would help her mother politically.

But I'm still a bit befuddled re. why she's considered a "star." :confused:

Haha - I stopped watching a couple of seasons ago when the "stars" were getting more and more has-been. When they added Bristol this year, I was done for good. Such a joke - that whole family.

What's more funny - some guy in Wisconsin got so mad at her being on (and being such a lousy dancer) that he actually shot his tv with a shotgun!! Hysterical! (kind of appropriate for her and her gun-loving mom - ha!)

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/108684844.html

Haha - I stopped watching a couple of seasons ago when the "stars" were getting more and more has-been. When they added Bristol this year, I was done for good. Such a joke - that whole family.

What's more funny - some guy in Wisconsin got so mad at her being on (and being such a lousy dancer) that he actually shot his tv with a shotgun!! Hysterical! (kind of appropriate for her and her gun-loving mom - ha!)

I wonder if the alcohol and bipolar medication mix had more to do with the shooting than Bristol's performance.....lol. Go Bristol!!

LOL! Did he do it from a helicopter? :D

Well, I totally agree that Brandy was a better dancer, but for some reason she REALLY annoyed me. I was glad to see her go. As far as Bristol, she actually seems like a really sweet normal girl. Star? No, definitely not. So if this was a show for normal people to try and learn how to dance, than I could see having her on there. I can't help but feel like rooting her on though because she has ZERO performance experience and is obviously really trying hard. Jennifer is obviously the best, but I get tired too of the way the editing just focuses on her whining. Drama, drama, drama. Personally, I hope the little disney channel dude goes all the way. He cracks me up.

Well, I was really upset the night that it happened and into part of the next day and then I got slammed with my own real life reality show and the DWTS drama faded quickly away. Hmmmm, can I vote off certain family members from MY reality show. Yes? No? Maybe??? ;)

My emotions may kick in next week if Bristol places anything other than third but the public has the ability to vote for who they want and no one can complain if they don't vote. On second thought, I don't think I care at this point. Go Bristol!!! :p:D

Bam

Also, it's all about the editing. Jennifer might be complaining 10 minutes a week and the editors show all of it. Another dancer might be complaining 10 hours a week, but the editors show none of it. It's all about what the producers/ABC want the viewers to see.

Shelbygirl

I totally agree....but I am tired of seeing Jennifer complaining and crying every week, wish the producers would stop showing it. :) I like Kyle and Bristol too and hope they do well next week. Brandy deserved to be in the final.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.