Flight Arrivals - share shuttle?

Sunshine1528

Cathlete
To those of you flying in:

The Cloud 9 shuttle service that Lorrayne suggested will be cheaper the more people that go to the same place. A couple of us will arrive prior to or near noon - anyone else arriving around the same time that want to book/share a shuttle?

Also for the ride back on Sun? Leave the hotel around noon or so?

I'm still waffling about whether to drive or fly, but am leaning again toward flying. If I do fly, I'll be arriving at the airport at about 2 on Thursday and my flight on Sunday leaves at 12:40 so I would need to leave the hotel right when the breakfast ends.

Anyone else have a schedule that is close to that on Thursday or Sunday?

Pat, I played around more with the costs last night, and since it's going to cost nearly as much to get back and forth between the airport and the hotel as it will for the airfare, I'm back to planning to drive -- at least that's today's plan :rolleyes:

Nancy - I'm actually not flying in until Fri and will be there at 11:50. Leave Sun at 2 PM. Wanted a little extra time between breakfast and getting back to the airport.

I did email Lorrayne who said she uses the shuttle service quite frequently and never makes reservations. Apparently they tend to load up every 15 min or so.

When going to the website it was $24 for one person and an additional $9 for each person thereafter so it sounds worth it for more than one to go to the same place.

We may have a better idea on Sun AM what our departing time from the send off breakfast will be and may be able to share on the way back.

See you soon ! ;)

Nancy - I'm actually not flying in until Fri and will be there at 11:50. Leave Sun at 2 PM. Wanted a little extra time between breakfast and getting back to the airport.

I did email Lorrayne who said she uses the shuttle service quite frequently and never makes reservations. Apparently they tend to load up every 15 min or so.

When going to the website it was $24 for one person and an additional $9 for each person thereafter so it sounds worth it for more than one to go to the same place.

We may have a better idea on Sun AM what our departing time from the send off breakfast will be and may be able to share on the way back.

See you soon ! ;)

Wow. When I checked the Website it was $63 per person for a single reservation. I need to check it again to see what I was looking at. Or just call them to find out for sure. It makes a big difference in my decision to fly or drive.

Last edited:
Nancy,

Another item to include in your decision making is the cost for parking at the hotel. I didn't look to see what the cost is, but am guessing it's over $10 per day. A friend of mine actually will be attending a conference there this Thursday. I'll ask her what the daily rate is.

Nancy,

Another item to include in your decision making is the cost for parking at the hotel. I didn't look to see what the cost is, but am guessing it's over $10 per day. A friend of mine actually will be attending a conference there this Thursday. I'll ask her what the daily rate is.

Thanks for checking on that; I already know it's an outrageous $22 per day. I called the shuttle service directly today and did get a quote of $16, so I'm all set on knowing the right prices. I was looking forward to staying an extra night and luxuriating in the hotel on Sunday, but I have pretty much decided (famous last words!) to forgo that for the quicker travel time.

Thanks to everyone for your input and advice. I promise not to say another word about it! Sheesh, it was so much easier going to New Jersey when I did not have options :rolleyes:

Hi,

I'm flying in on Thursday, arriving at 1PM. What time you arriving Nancy.

For my return, I must leave on Sunday, right after breakfast, my flight is at 1:30.

Linda

Linda - I won't be flying in until Fri but my flight leaves Sun at 2 PM. Pretty close there. And a check in buddy will most likely be heading back to the airport about the same time.

My flight also departs at 1:30 Sunday (and I'm another Linda);).
How many people can fit in these vehicles?

Linda, Jacque, and Linda: I need to recheck the flight time for Thursday (haven't actually made the reservation yet), but I think I get in at 1:something.

As far as Sunday, I they are probably 15-passenger vans. Maybe the best bet would be to figure out on Friday once we're there who all needs to get to the airport when on Sunday and call to make one reservation to take advantage of the lower, group price.

Linda, Jacque, and Linda: I need to recheck the flight time for Thursday (haven't actually made the reservation yet), but I think I get in at 1:something.

As far as Sunday, I they are probably 15-passenger vans. Maybe the best bet would be to figure out on Friday once we're there who all needs to get to the airport when on Sunday and call to make one reservation to take advantage of the lower, group price.

Good idea, Nancy, to figure out this by Friday, or so. Maybe if there is a central area, we could have a shuttle sign- up sheet for Sunday, to leave right after breakfast.

No one has said they are coordinator yet, so I wonder if there are not organizers for these Eggland Roadtrips. I think getting a signup sheet for the shuttle to the airport would be a good job for the coordinator. Also calling the shuttle service to make a reservation would be another good job to add!

If there is no one to do it, I'll do it...:).

Last edited:
Good idea, Nancy, to figure out this by Friday, or so. Maybe if there is a central area, we could have a shuttle sign- up sheet for Sunday, to leave right after breakfast.

No one has said they are coordinator yet, so I wonder if there are not organizers for these Eggland Roadtrips. I think getting a signup sheet for the shuttle to the airport would be a good job for the coordinator. Also calling the shuttle service to make a reservation would be another good job to add!

If there is no one to do it, I'll do it...:).

I don't think the Eggland's tour has coordinators like with the NJ trip.

Hi, I am going to San Diego too...

I can't believe it but I'm actually getting excited about this trip. I am so shy, and waffled forever on whether to go.

Would love to get to know you all-- haven't decided whether to drive or fly. Am coming from San Rafael (Bay Area).

Looking forward to one month from now!
:)

Jacque: are you in San Jose? Looks like youre a bit of a sharks fan. I'm in San Rafael, and I'll be going to the San Diego trip.

Nancy & Linda (X 2 :p)

Great idea about checking for #'s for a shuttle back to the airport on Sun. Friday would be a perfect time to figure it out - seems that I saw on the website that you can make reservations and they only required a 4 hour cancellation so thinking that we could even call on Sat to schedule.

I know we have avatars posted but I'll wear some sort of Sharks clothing :p so will probably stick out well enough for the rest of you to figure out who I am ! :rolleyes: :D

Boy are the weeks going by quickly now. I too am getting really excited since this is my first RT. I am guessing it won't be my last . . . ;)

Nancy & Linda (X 2 :p)

Great idea about checking for #'s for a shuttle back to the airport on Sun. Friday would be a perfect time to figure it out - seems that I saw on the website that you can make reservations and they only required a 4 hour cancellation so thinking that we could even call on Sat to schedule.

I know we have avatars posted but I'll wear some sort of Sharks clothing :p so will probably stick out well enough for the rest of you to figure out who I am ! :rolleyes: :D

Boy are the weeks going by quickly now. It too am getting really excited since this is my first RT. I am guessing it won't be my last . . . ;)

Hi Jacque:
I'm sure it won't be your last RT either! My husband calls it
"Cathe Camp", so that is what we call it around our house!
This will be my 2nd one :D.

Anyway, I am going to get there a couple of days early with my husband, (then he is going to leave on Friday), so, I will find out from the hotel if I can post a sign-up sheet on their announcements board for the shuttle back. I think I will try to reserve a bus for 10:45, as the breakfast ends at 10:30(??), and it will give us a few minutes to run up to our rooms and gather our things before it arrives. I'll put all the pertinent info on the sign-up sheet, too. If the number of people exceeds one bus, then I will make reservations for another one, too!

I'm getting excited, too! It will be fun to meet everyone:D.

Last edited:
Hi Jacque:
I'm sure it won't be your last RT either! My husband calls it
"Cathe Camp", so that is what we call it around our house!
This will be my 2nd one :D.

Anyway, I am going to get there a couple of days early with my husband, (then he is going to leave on Friday), so, I will find out from the hotel if I can post a sign-up sheet on there announcements board for the shuttle back. I think I will try to reserve a bus for 10:45, as the breakfast ends at 10:30(??), and it will give us a few minutes to run up to our rooms and gather our things before it arrives. I'll put all the pertinent info on the sign-up sheet, too. If the number of people exceeds one bus, then I will make reservations for another one, too!

I'm getting excited, too! I will be fun to meet everyone:D.

Linda, thanks for being our organizer. Just a suggestion -- rather than posting with the hotel, what about checking with SNM to see whether we can have a sheet on the table at registration?

Question??? So we have to pay for parking at the hotel? I mean why we are going to pay extra money when we are expending money for the room?!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.