Deadliest Catch

Anyone else love this show? I watched the season opener on Tuesday night and am so glad for a new season! I love watching the drama of the season unfold. My favorite is the Time Bandit, but I really love all of the ships.

I missed my crab fishing!
Jenn

Haven't watched it in a while but DH and I used to watch it every week. We loved it too! I'll have to look it up again and see if I can catch some of the new episodes! :)

Ahhhh crap! I forgot to watch it.:( I really do need to get a DVR. Hope they replay it over the weekend sometime.
Great show!!:)

Angie

angie they usually play the previous weeks' episode before the new one airs so if you can catch it at 8pm on tuesday then the new show following.

i love it! dh usually roots for the northwestern b/c they share his norwegian heritage. i love them all they are a hoot from their sense of humor to their work ethic. don't ever tell them you are tired from work LOL

kassia

Oh I missed the opener! I LOVE this show! There was a Deadliest Catch marathon on Saturday and we watched it ALL day....or I should say it was ON all day! :D I was doing a bijillion other things and catching it here and there.

Jo

Well oddly enough, I just pulled up the guide on cable and the season opener is playing again right now! It just started! WooHoo!

Jo

I love this show as well. We just got HD tv and cable, and man, it is something to watch it on HD. Not sure why that show has such a hold on me. They really have had some health problems, though, haven't they?

Great show!
Heidi

I'm a huge fan! Tuesday is one of DF's and my date-nights and it's good that we do that one at his place because my cheap-o cable package doesn't have the channel.

I've been anxiously awaiting the start of the new season.

I like the Northwestern the best myself and was wondering where the "new kid" was, did anyone else see him?

I LOVE this show! My dad got me hooked on it last season. I'm a big Time Bandit fan myself. I also love Phil on the Cornelia Marie and Edgar Hansen on the Northwestern cracks me the heck up. I can never watch the darn biting the head off the fish thing though w/o gagging lol.

I can't watch them biting the head off the fish either. Too gross for me!!
But I laugh am just amazed at the work that these men do all the time!

The Hillstrand Brothers are my secret crush. I just love their sense of humor and work ethic!

DD (9 yrs) asked if there could ever be women on the boat and she said that she wants to grow up and be a fisherwoman on the Time Bandit okay, she didn't say the Time Bandit specifically, but that's where I would root for her to go!)

So what do you think the emergency will be and the rescue that they showed on the previews for coming weeks? I am intrigued by the excitement of the coming episodes!!

I can't wait for Tuesday night to arrive again!!!
Jenn

Yes, my husband is a commercial/charter fisherman (although we are in the Florida Keys) so we watch many of the fishing programs. The guys on this show are tough!! Our DDs (7 and 3) love fishing. DD7 is a great fisher"girl" and should be fishing her first tournament soon :D

My DH and I love Deadliest Catch!
I'm not sure if the emergency is directly related to any of the show's boats or not. I remember reading on the forums for the new season that there was a boat lost in late October. Unfortunately I think there were several lost crew members and as tight knit as that community seems to be, I am sure the guys we watch knew some of them.

Becky

Anyone else love this show? I watched the season opener on Tuesday night and am so glad for a new season! I love watching the drama of the season unfold. My favorite is the Time Bandit, but I really love all of the ships.

I missed my crab fishing!
Jenn

The "Time Bandit" is my favorite also,with the Northwestern coming in a close second but I love all the boats and the show is one of my favorites! Capt. Andy Hillstrand lives about 30 minutes away and gives riding lessons to my friend's daughter. She says he is super nice and just a really great guy! Maybe I'll go with one day, I'd love to meet him!:)

I can't watch them biting the head off the fish either. Too gross for me!!
But I laugh am just amazed at the work that these men do all the time!

The Hillstrand Brothers are my secret crush. I just love their sense of humor and work ethic!

DD (9 yrs) asked if there could ever be women on the boat and she said that she wants to grow up and be a fisherwoman on the Time Bandit okay, she didn't say the Time Bandit specifically, but that's where I would root for her to go!)

So what do you think the emergency will be and the rescue that they showed on the previews for coming weeks? I am intrigued by the excitement of the coming episodes!!

I can't wait for Tuesday night to arrive again!!!
Jenn

I wondered if the rescue they were talking about might be the Kat Mai from earlier in the year? Guess we'll find out next Tuesday!

I wondered the same thing. I remember seeing it in the news also. What I love about this show is that it is real and not one of the "reality" shows. I hardly watch any TV (well, except for the Food Network, which is a whole different post!!), but I do love this show and all of the guys on the show.

It is not just one thing that I love, either. I love the ships, the drama, the numbers coming in from each trap, the weather, the guys...just love this show!!

I am glad that there are others that share in the joy!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.