1RM Question

NanetteMT

When an exercise calls for doing one leg than the other (not alternating - ex. #470 One Leg Elevated Lunges), how do you count it? I've been just doing one leg to exhaustion then putting that number down for the number of reps. then using the other leg for the next exercise. Now I'm second guessing myself. I hope I gave a clear enough explanation.

Thanks, Nanette

When an exercise calls for doing one leg than the other (not alternating - ex. #470 One Leg Elevated Lunges), how do you count it? I've been just doing one leg to exhaustion then putting that number down for the number of reps. then using the other leg for the next exercise. Now I'm second guessing myself. I hope I gave a clear enough explanation.

Thanks, Nanette

The count for the 1RM test is for a single leg - So if you did 8 reps on the right you enter 8
HOWEVER I did BOTH sides to make sure I wasnt creating any imbalances with my testing. In other words...I tested my strongest side for the 1RM purpose and then did my other side to match it - more like a real workout.

Hope that answered your question.

Thanks Traci! It did answer my question. To stay balanced, I would do the next 1RM test that used one leg using the opposite leg. Appreciate your answer.

Nanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.