Cathe - sending an SOS for my triceps!

jolene_hajj

Cathlete
Hey Cathe,

I am sending a DESPERATE SOS for help with my triceps. I work them out hard several times a week, working different angles and can never seem to get them to be more defined (believe me, I drool over your tri's in every workout I do!! So jealous - my husband thinks I am crazy!). Any tips on how to really kick them into shape? They don't look terrible, they just aren't quite defined and I would love them to be. I eat a low fat diet, with lots of protein, veggies, etc., and work out almost every day - either a Cathe DVD or an hour of weight training or Body Pump at my gym - so am wondering why am I doing wrong?

Thanks SO MUCH!

Jolene

PS - still super excited over the July RT, already planning on going again next year :) Trying to get the third triplet in on the action too!

Jolene, I have no advice on your triceps, though I'll look for what others say, but I just wanted to say that'd be so cool if all the triplets made it to the next road trip!

-Beth

Haha, yes, it would be! One of my sisters came this year - Jess - we are both 100% Cathelites! Gotta get the third involved, it'd be neat. :)

Bump!
I have a similar problem! I'm curious to know what Cathe or others have to say in answer to your question!
Nathalie

Triplet chiming in!

I have to agree with my sister, tris are the hardest for me to get into shape and why? They are the smallest muscle group - how's that for irony!! Any tips to share would be soooo helpful!!

I know STS will certainly work wonders but in the interium, any other tips and tricks would be welcome with open arms :D

Wondering if there are any tips from others out there on triceps as well? Still hitting a massive wall in terms of definition and tone and it's so frustrating.

Thanks!!

Triceps

Hi Jolene!

I hope to see you again next year too. So fun!!!!!

Regarding triceps....sometimes when we have a stubborn area on our bodies and our diet is already pretty clean we simply need to shock this area with some new tricks and perhaps a little extra attention (ie: hitting them one more time in the week).

So you mention going to a gym....to hit your triceps differently lets do one weekly tricep workout at the gym for three weeks and then continue on with this program but also add in a second workout at home. Each tricep workout only needs to be 20 to 25 minutes tops!

At gym do: 3 sets of 12 reps for each of the following exercises:

1) Cable Press Down with straight short bar for 12 reps right into rope press downs for 12 reps as a superset. !2 plus 12 in this superset counts as one long set. Do three more times just like that

2) Dips on the gravitron unit (or any tricep dip machine in your gym)

3) One arm reverse grip pull downs (opposite hand grip of the press down)

4) Lying barbell extension with EZcurl bar

5) One arm cable kickbacks

Three weeks later add in your favorite kickbbutt Tricep DVD workout (put three days between your two tricep workouts).

Good Luck!

Hey Cathe,

I am sending a DESPERATE SOS for help with my triceps. I work them out hard several times a week, working different angles and can never seem to get them to be more defined (believe me, I drool over your tri's in every workout I do!! So jealous - my husband thinks I am crazy!). Any tips on how to really kick them into shape? They don't look terrible, they just aren't quite defined and I would love them to be. I eat a low fat diet, with lots of protein, veggies, etc., and work out almost every day - either a Cathe DVD or an hour of weight training or Body Pump at my gym - so am wondering why am I doing wrong?

Thanks SO MUCH!

Jolene

PS - still super excited over the July RT, already planning on going again next year :) Trying to get the third triplet in on the action too!

Last edited:
THANK YOU Cathe - your advice was perfect. I typically do 2-3 different exercises for my tri's but shocking them with an even more focused effort should *hopefully* do the trick.

Thanks again, really appreciate it! And hope to get to next year's road trip for sure.

Jolene

FYI - I did this tri's workout and MAN are my tri's screaming! I love it, hoping it helps, but from the feel of it, I think this may do the trick. Thanks again Cathe!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.