What was your first workout tape?

She certainly did have a lot of animation to her, didn't she? She was so VIBRANT and sparkly all the time! I don't remember her workouts being all that challenging, but I really loved her personality. I missed the whole face exercises thing, but somehow I'm not surprised she did those - LOL!! I wonder whatever happened to her???

Carol
:)

My first tape was a step tape with some blong guy name Greg something-or-other. I believe Gay Gasper was one of the whooping extras in the backround. After that, I lived off of the Cher step tape with Keli Roberts.

jazzercise...1989 or 1990. i used to go to class and do the video...daily....several days of the week. i was nuts!!

In the beginning, I used to tape Margaret Richard's Body Electric TV show and used the tapes as workout videos. Then came Firm Vol. 1 with Susan Harris. I sure did love Susan!

My first was a 30 minute aerobic video to oldies put out by TAMPAX! Yes you heard me! I had 2 or 3 of them - all different decades and they wore clothes/hair to go with that decade. This was in 1990.

Next was Richard Simmons Sweating to the oldies series, then I found step workouts -- Kathy Smith, Gin Miller,etc. And finally in '95 or '96 Cathe!!!

Nadine

~~Happiness is an Attitude~~

Jane Fonda and Kathy Smith, both of which were regarded as "way out there" by my family members due to their funny American accents, particularly Ms. Smith who always looked to be bustin' out of her leotard while dancing in a car park!!!

And no, I never held on to them for nostalgic reasons......glad to see the back of them!

Give me cathe any day....

Clare ;-)

Mine was the Reebok Sweat Factory with Petra Kolber. I remember how pooped I was after doing it, and it was a beginner's video!

IS INCREDIBE.¡HOW MUCH MONEY WE HAVE SPENT IN FITNESS VIDEOS AND DVDAND WE ARE GOING TO GO IN ON WITH THE HARDCORE!

Jana Fonda (OK, we called her Jane Fondue) was my first. I owned the whole huge 3 take circuit series and the New Workout. I followed with Step n Stretch, which I think has Jay Blaynk (sorry about the spelling) on it in his early days. I had a little pink step that was small and hard as a rock and I fell off of it all the time.
Then I started watching Reebok Caribbean Workout with David Snively. If you guys have FITTV it is still on there, but I haven't seen it for years. That turned me on to Gin Miller and the Reebok step series. I still do her original tape sometimes and I love her newer stuff - Simply Endurance is great. I still love Gin.
Then came Cathe and my world turned upside down. She produces so many workouts and I love the DVD blender formats. The really has upped my fitness bar and I enjoy the workouts so much!!!

This is a great question!

Jana Fonda (OK, we called her Jane Fondue) was my first. I owned the whole huge 3 take circuit series and the New Workout. I followed with Step n Stretch, which I think has Jay Blaynk (sorry about the spelling) on it in his early days. I had a little pink step that was small and hard as a rock and I fell off of it all the time.
Then I started watching Reebok Caribbean Workout with David Snively. If you guys have FITTV it is still on there, but I haven't seen it for years. That turned me on to Gin Miller and the Reebok step series. I still do her original tape sometimes and I love her newer stuff - Simply Endurance is great. I still love Gin.
Then came Cathe and my world turned upside down. She produces so many workouts and I love the DVD blender formats. The really has upped my fitness bar and I enjoy the workouts so much!!!

This is a great question!

Nicollette!

Is that a real pix of your cat? Oh my gosh, it is hysterical! Looks like he/she is waving!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.