What was your first workout tape?

I vaguely remember using my older sisters workout when I was 12 years old or so---something like 29 Minute Beginners Workout. The first workout of my own was something by Kathy Smith (can't remember the name though x( ).

Mine was the Cher with Keli Roberts step workout. I can still remember some of the things that were said when I hear the songs on the radio! Like with "Not enough love and understanding" The "Up, knee , knee, again, again, Up, knee, knee." That Keli was saying! LOL! Yup, did that one a few times.

Kathy

Boy, do I feel old . . .

My first was Kathy Smith's "The Ultimate Workout" that I bought at DH's suggestion back in early 1994. I used it so much I burnt it out and had to buy a replacement; I also bought several other Kathy Smith vids in later months/years.

Remembering some of the stuff in "The Ultimate Workout" I get the chilblains - standing bentover windmills at breakneck speed, bicycle maneuvers also at warp speed, bentover triceps extensions with no weight, leotards and Tretorn flat-foot shoes . . . aargh.

We've come a long way, baby.

A-Jock

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a long time but I have been lurking and getting some great advice. Anyway, I could't resist responding to this great thread. Does anyone remember "The 20 minute workout" with Bess Myerson and select others? It was on T.V. back in the very early 80's, and the music was very disco. Some of the expressions on the instructor's faces along with the camera shots were "interesting" to say the least. The instructors were on a rotating platform (I believe) so they kept going around and around or maybe the camera panned around but it was different. This workout DID however get me to start exercising, albeit very sporadically.

Anyway, just had to add my comments!

Deb

I remember the 20 minute workout! It was on when I first got married and I did it whenever I wasn't working, if it was on. I remember my dh watching it too---just watching...........:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.