Suggestions? - Lower Bosy Split

Oh my aching bosy ...

In all honesty, I am intimidated at the thought of a 60-minute tape that is all lower body -- not including abs. Because of time pressures, I predict that I would probably skip the floor section of the workout unless it contained some exercises such as:
(a) isometric squats against the wall; and
(b) seated or lying leg extensions with ankle weights staying in the middle one-third of range throughout all reps.

I mention these exercises because these seem to be commonly prescribed physical therapy exercises to prevent/recover from injury. I know they've helped me with alignment issues. I really enjoyed your inclusion of some functional exercises in your S&H segments and I'd be delighted to see you continue that trend.

Thanks so much for all you do. Your workouts are always top quality.

I would like to see 35-45 minutes of lower body work followed by core and ab work. I think 60 minutes of lower body work is too much. Also, standing work that focuses on the glutes and hamstrings would be great!

Cathe,

This Lower Body Split video sounds wonderful!

I would love for the warm-up to be more like PS than PH with some light stretching (i.e. more of an aerobic warm-up than mimicing the work to be done but with light weights and no stretch).

I would also like an equal focus on hamstrings and glutes as on quads.

Will we need new equipment like ankle weights for this video?

THANK YOU!

Linda

This tape sounds great just as you described it. I would like to see:

1. Slower tall box work (step ups)

2. the standing and floor work split evenly

3. chapters, chapters, chapters!

Emma

The DVD version?

I don't know if this can be done - but I'll throw it out there. I assume that these will be released on DVD as well and if so, could each 'set' be chaptered? In that way, one could do one less set for each exercise and still get some standing and floor work in for 45 minutes or less.

Thanks for the opportunity to make a suggestion.

The 60 minute workout you suggested sounds great. This format is similar to the PS legs workout which I find to be very versatile. It gives a full hour for those who want a long workout or can be used for shorter workouts. For those with DVDs, it is even more versatile.

My only suggestion would be to have the lying floor work a nice long section - 15 - 20 min. Also, since there will be no ab work in this tape, how about the stetch including a little yoga?

Thanks for caring about our opinions.

My only suggestion would be to have the lying floor work a nice long section - 15 - 20 min. Also, since there will be no ab work in this tape, how about the stetch including a little yoga?

Thanks for caring about our opinions.

Excellent! Thanks for including floor work! Intricate work that specifically targets glute, hip, quad, inner and outer thigh muscles is so challenging. I can already feel the burn (wow, am I dating myself or what?!?!)

Just a quick personal aside (and I apologize in advance for this particular mental image...) What can we do about that pesky side hip area just below the waist, in front of the glute and above the outer thigh? Perhaps that's the mysteriously stubborn BOSY muscle this tape will work extra hard...hope so! :)

Ahhhh....yes,yes,yes! I love floorwork and this sounds perfect. I agree, nix the abs/core work and fry our legs/hips/butt with more floorwork! :)

Sounds good! Please include a longer stretch at the end (and don't forget those hamstrings! I don't know about other people, but I'm sure that tight hamstrings affect more than just me!)

I like it. Can you make the floor/chair work intense and not just focus on ab/adductors? You of all people will do something innovative and fresh, I'm sure. I'm sure the two halves will compliment each other really well so that doing each on different days will provide an excellent workout. That's my hope. I vote for 60 min with this standing/floor split so that I can do about 30 min each day (I would never do the whole thing on one day).

Meredith

Forgot to say one more thing...please not too s&h please...I can only get about 45 or 50 lbs over my head (sorry, no squat rack in my sun room!) and as you've pointed out in your previous tapes, that forces us to focus more on endurance versus pure strength. Bring on the low ends and the sit-n-stands!

Meredith

Hi Cathe! This tape sounds great also just the way it is! By seated are we going to need to use ankle weights? My legs are really going to be shaking. Best, Kathy

Cathe - I love the format, just two suggestions: I concur with the other posts asking for slower reps, somewhere between PS and SH. I also urge you to consider using popular music along the lines of body pump.

Thanks for asking for our input

Marian

Cathe,

I had another idea for this video since my last post.

It seems like this would be a great video to put an extra-long stretch session at the end of since it will be an all leg video and there may be some extra time at the end.

By doing an extra long stretch, you can really target stretching the legs and provide extra relief for those who have a lot of lower back pain (myself included).

Just a thought!

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.