Suggestions? - Lower Bosy Split

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-02 AT 10:35PM (Est)[/font][p]
Thank you Cathe, so much for these videos (in advance) and for asking us for our opinions.

I love your format as posted. I agree with Debbie H about the floorwork too. I also agree with Joynne about step-ups: nothing works my butt better and they compliment other lower body tapes that do not include them. Calves, side lunges, and good mornings sound very exciting and would make me reach for this video for variety.

I vote for full pyramid (heaviest set in the middle).

I also agree with Kisuzu about balancing exercises, they are so useful. I also like new moves not on other videos. Seated work-do you mean to include inner and outer calf area? This is great for those of us with arches not perfectly balanced (both "flat feet" and high arches).

Sorry so long, and thank you again!

60 minute, easily split into standing and floor...please make it an equal split with a full 30 minutes devoted to floor work...or the whole workout devoted to floor work! I love the floor work in PS LA but it wasnt quite long enough!

Thanks!

Stacy

I'd like this workout to be 60 minutes long. I would prefer if it contained some core work, even if it cuts into the floor work. No big deal though - I can always pop in another video.

I would love to see some exercises that you can go heavy on without needing a spotter or a rack. Bent-leg deadlifts come to mind. I also love step-ups. Also, balancing exercises, such as one-leg dumbbell squats with the non-working leg not touching the floor would be really challenging.

I really like the straight-leg deadlifts that you usually include, but I'd also like to see some kind of leg curl, if possible. I guess that's pretty tough to do without a machine.

I'd prefer more of a balance between quads and hamstrings, rather than so much quad focus as usual. Also, I agree with everyone that some *tough* calf work is in order!

Tonya

I agree with the request for slow rep speed, so that we can go as heavy as we're able. when the rep speed is fast, I don't seem to be able to progress with the weights very much at all. The slow speed lets me really get the form right and feel that I'm improving constantly with the increase in weights. Thanks so much.
Freda

I agree with a lot of the posts. Please go slower than PS - the step-ups were a little too fast to go as heavy as I wanted and I really like to concentrate on my form. Also, I LOVE step-ups, deadlifts (good-mornings?) and hover squats for standing work and any floorwork.

If you have abs in the upper-body split, they aren't needed in this one although some core work wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also, if it is going to be splittable (standing and floorwork) please make it 60 minutes long so it will be worth splitting. Thank you!

Cathe,

It would be good if you culd include a seperate cardio section in the tape, if you are only doing a 45 mins tape. I normally like to do about an hour or more if I could and with a 45 mins I would have to do some cardio prior to doing the strenght work.

Yen

Cathe,

It would be good if you culd include a separate cardio section in the tape, if you are only doing a 45 mins tape. I normally like to do about an hour or more if I could and with a 45 mins I would have to do some cardio prior to doing the strenght work.

The cardio could be 30mins to 45mins in length and is optional for those who wish to do both at the same time.

Yen

Cathe,

It would be good if you culd include a separate cardio section in the tape, if you are only doing a 45 mins tape. I normally like to do about an hour or more if I could and with a 45 mins I would have to do some cardio prior to doing the strenght work.

The cardio could be 30mins to 45mins in length and is optional for those who wish to do both at the same time.

Yen

60minutes is awsome, low rep speed please, tough calf work, make sure the standing portion is as intense but not as quick as Leaner Legs. (I love/hate Leaner Legs.) I want to feel good and ready to hit the floor.;-)

Awesome!

Standing and floor work is great. Like someone else said, some calf work is overdue - so please don't forget them! :)

Also, please include side lunges, inner/outer thigh and gluteous maximus work. They work wonders and there are not enough of them on the other vids. :7

60 minutes please!

Blessings from Our Home to Yours, Runathon

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.