Suggestions? - Lower Bosy Split

I would like to see the length of lower and upper body splits be no longer than 50" with warm up and cool down so that cardio may be added on those days if desired.

Take time to enjoy those who matter most to you & do all things in moderation :)

I like the sound of the format and am excited about the two day, upper and lower body split.

I agree with many of the suggestions, just adding another vote for:

1. Slower rep speed to work to failure, between PS and SH

2. Slower step ups

3. At least half of the tape with floor work

4. My vote is to nix the ab/core/cardio as you planned - it's covered so well elsewhere.

5. I like the idea of a pyramid system.

Thanks for asking!
Colia

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-02 AT 10:58AM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-02 AT 10:35 AM (Est)[/font]

Hello,
If someone already asked this I am sorry to repeat it, but I would like to know from Cathe or SNM trainer what the difference is as far as the workout benfits between pyramiding up,down or full pyramid? I forgot to mention that the new ideas sound great. I love all of the workouts that I have bought (almost all) and will buy these also no matter what. A 45 min. for each split workout would be great but will go with whatever you decide. DVD with upper and lower body split on both would be excellent.
Thank you,
Maria

I like the idea of a 60 min. workout split down the middle between standing and floor work. I also agree with the suggestions that the rep speed be somewhere between PS and S&H. This gives the user the opportunity to go heavy, using perfect form, but without sending his or her heart rate through the roof.

Thanks so much for taking our ideas into consideration.

My thoughts...

How I would love...a 45 minute tough, tough, tough leg tape with standing and floor work to correspond with a 45 minute tough, tough, tough upper body tape. It would be an absolute DREAM to plug those into my weekly routine.

As I mentioned in another post...it's tough to find the time during the week to do a full hour long tape. And I must tell you, I really get disappointed when I have to forgo my Cathe workouts simply because I don't have time. It gets frustrating.

So, in honor of all the busy mommies out there...would you consider both of the split tapes to be shorter in length?

Or at least the Boot Camp one?

Please Cathe, just think about it. Thanks, AS ALWAYS, for your
hard work and devotion to top notch workouts. You truly are the best!

First of all, thanks so much for listening to your customers. It seems you really do think we're an educated crowd. :D
As for the video, I like the format you've proposed. Easy to split up, and abs can come from another video, if we want to include them.
Saving my pennies,
Terry

Dear Cathe,
Since I started doing your videos almost exclusively about two years ago, there is only one lower body part that I would like to see you to isolate--hamstrings. I've taken to going to the gym to use the machines, or at home I get on my hands and knees with ankle weights and a weight behind my knee. Just a thought. I know that squats, etc. work your hams, but I'd like to isolate them more.
Either way, I'm going to buy all your new videos and look forward to the challenge that lies ahead. You are inspiration and my constant workout companion, even when no one else wants to show up!
Amy

Or better yet...

...I've read about the idea of doing two 45 minutes tapes here. You KNOW I'm all for that plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHORT BUT INTENSE!!!!!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-02 AT 11:46AM (Est)[/font][p]The format sounds great as is!

Might suggest including side lunges onto the step. I also enjoy slower reps, low-ends, and static hold counts. For the floor, might suggest some leg circle exercises. And I really appreciate stretching after each exercise. Thanks for the opportunity to comment! Desie

I like this tape idea as is, split into 2 30-minute sections. Love the option to do 2 separate 30 minute workouts.

Thanks!

Lucy K

Wanted to add: on the floor work section, could you also add some pointers/modifications for folks with bad knees...I have a hard time doing floor work with weights on my ankles, because it puts a lot of lateral pressure on my knees.

Thanks so much for giving us the opportunity to make suggestions/requests!

Lucy K

RE: Suggestions? - Lower Body Split

Cathe, I am so excited about having a Lower body split workout using the pyramid system. Please use the full pyramid system:

12 reps light weight
10 reps medium weight
8 reps heavy weight
10 reps medium weight
12 reps light weight

And super set 2 leg exercises together. The 2 I think are most successful are the squat and step up/leg press(14 inch step). Next super set would be lunges and deadlifts. Next super set would be dips and plies. Please make the rests only after a FULL pyramid system is done and only rest minimal amount of time. If you go slow and not quickly, it would be managable.

PLEASE DO FLOORWORK! I love your floorwork in PS Legs!! And you need to do another video with floorwork. What a great idea to be able to split up the standing work with floorwork. I would beg you to put in:
side leg lifts
inner thigh lifts
leg shoot outs(where you lay on your side and put the knee to the ground and shoot it out and squeeze the glutes)
on all four's table work
on back, bridgework
I like all your exercises you used in Rock Bottom floorwork. We need an updated version of this video!!!
I'm not sure how you would go about using the pyramid system for floorwork since people usually use ankleweights which are only one weight or a body bar which is only one weight. My suggestion would be to do 3 sets of 15 reps each and superset again. So you would do say:
Side leg lifts 15 reps and inner thigh 15 reps and then rest 15 seconds and then repeat it again for 2 more sets.

Please include a gracious stretch! Thankyou so much Cathe!

Mandy

I love the 1/2 and 1/2 concept you have for this one and just want to second Mandy's suggestion for a nice, slow, long stretch at the end to compensate for all the tough work I'm sure you have in store for us. -- Renee

YESSSSS!!!

This sounds PERfect.
So glad it will be 1/2 floor work, because I love PS floor work and would love a supplement/compliment to that floor work. Would love to see you add some exercises I haven't seen you use before. Would you consider adding some of the types of floorwork (that hit the outer thighs and high in back of the thigh) that I've seen typically done in a tabletop position? (Not that I *like* it, just that I need it:) Even better if there were exercises that hit the same part but are NOT done in the tabletop position, but I'm getting ahead of myself here... )
One more thing, would love it if you would add in an exercise for the front of the shin.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Kathy

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-02 AT 02:37PM (Est)[/font][p]I love the pyramid approach. Like Squats with a 50 lb. barbell, then sit and stands with a 35 lb barbell, etc. This sounds wonderful to me. As does the floor/seated work. I wouldn't change a thing! And please no shorter than 60 min. If it comes in shorter, like Leaner Legs, just add on planks and abs. Thanks again!

I think this sounds great--two thirty minute workouts for the legs, butt. Please have the wonderful variety you have on PS LA. I think this is the most important thing for me, because variety makes PS LA go by so fast.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.