STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

Hi ladies,
Hope all is well. I'm two workouts away from recovery week in M1. Not sure what I should do for recovery. Maybe cardio daily?
I bought the Ryka Transpire this morning. Saw a post on Open Discussion about a good deal at Naturalizer.com. I'm excited. Hope to get them soon.

Hi Nancy-Nice to hear from you. Wow, so you are almost done! :D
What kind of results are you seeing so far?

Justina

Hello Ladies!

Gina, wowsa - 64# for flat bench presses - that's awesome! And you're so right when you feel the strength improvements in everyday life - that's just awesome! And Gina - GREAT news on the plyo legs success! isn't it so true about the accountability to us here on the forum. I have to do D23 legs tonight but having a hard time getting to it. So, I rushed here for some motivation - now I am pumped!

And yes, I am on my last week of M2! I LOVED D22 (chest, etc.) I did ALL of the push ups on my toes - I couldn't believe it! That made me so happy!

Here's my dilemma though. Next week will be my rest week, then I will be starting M3 but then the week after I go on vacation for 2 weeks. Net: I will only get in one week of M3 before leaving. Therefore I was thinking of repeating M2 W4 for the next two weeks! Then starting M3 when I get back. I actually love this week's workouts and almost feel like I really want to do them a few more times before moving on to M3.

Justina, I love my heart rate monitor. It's very simple - no bells and whistles - I just use it to see what my current HR is. At the end of the workout I can then see how long the work out was, my average HR, and my max HR. I used to have one that had all sorts of stuff but I didn't use any of those features anyway. And this one always connects - first time - and stays connected the whole time. It's a Timex and it cost less than $35. Here is the link:

Amazon.com: Timex T5G941 Heart Rate Monitor Watch: Timex: Sports & Outdoors

Yes Justina, we've all had those "low-energy" workout days - you just have to listen to your body. How are you feeling today? And YES, I experience the "can't remember why I walked in a room" all the time. I just have so many thoughts going on in my head that I guess it is no surprise. A bit disconcerting when it happens though!

Are you getting anxious for your recovery week. I was! I dreaded not being able to do STS but I got through it. :)

Nancy, fun experiment. My ring finger is just a touch longer than my pointer finger. I am SO going to be looking at everybody's ring fingers now!

Natahsa - thanks so much for posting the pictures. It's great to "see" you. You look FANTASTIC (you looked wonderful pregnant too!) This sounds so weird - but I love seeing peoples bodies that are doing the same workout as I am. And your little girl is precious!

ISCOTT is a funny (and accurate) great description - and I sure had those after D20 legs. I felt it everywhere - it was awesome.

Nancy, wow - be careful with the squats! BUT how amazing it is that you are lifting heavy enough to even get in that position. And congrats on being on your last week! I can't wait to hear what you think about M2 when you do it again. You gotta tell us if you are lifting much heavier this time - I'm sure you will be.

I say this every time - but I REALLY need to check in more often. I'm always so happy when I do!

Hi there!

Hope everyone is having a good day so far. I really enjoy working on my back and triceps. I had fun last night. I was on disc 11. I've been trying to push myself on the triceps ever since I discovered the jiggles. :D

Dawn, glad you checked in! :) I hope the recovery week doesn't throw me off. I like having a schedule for workouts. I have all the workouts listed on the Workout Manager in a calender, so I hold myself accountable to complete them. I think I will do cardio 5 days out of that week. What do you think? It will be hard not to lift since I enjoy it so much.
Your dilemma got me thinking too. What happen if you have to skip two weeks? How does that affect the results? Can you do some sort of cardio for those two weeks to maintain active? Maybe you can take your band with you and continue to challenge the muscles while you're away? Congratulations on doing all pushups on your toes! :D I can only do some on my toes and the rest on my knees. I haven't developed strong upper body yet. It's certainly one of my goals for STS. Thanks for the heart rate monitor information. I like it that it's a decent price and it does the job. I'll definitely check it out!

How's everyone's workout going? All of you are way ahead of me. Seeing fantastic results?

Have a good day!

Justina

Hello fit STS ladies :)

Unfortunately with my back discomfort, I have no choice but to stop M3. Don't feel bad, it's ok, life goes on. The heavy weights I'm dealing with wreak havoc on my back, and I just can't get injured and erase all my hard work. Better to play it safe. My plan for the next 3 weeks is a laxed rotation including 3 days weights/2 days cardio. I'll definitely throw in some M1 & 2 in there (how can I not? :D), including plyo legs. Tuesday I did a goodie fusion of High Reps UB premix + STS TB compound back premix + chest/shoulder's/tri's compound premix. Total time of 50min. I felt great and my back is doing much better.

Thank you everyone for the nice compliments :). What a great, motivating bunch you all are :):).

Dawn
Nice to "see" you back. Your posts are always refreshing to read.
Congrats with all those push-ups on your toes!!! That's awesome!
Meso 2 is pretty incredible isn't it? I enjoyed all the discs and felt great afterwards.
I think your idea to repeat M2 W4 is a good one. I would have done the same. Heck, I would love to stay in M2 forever :D.

Gina
Oh ya, the Dec '10 rotation is a great one! It really prepared me for STS. The only drawback is that you are doing 2 total body workouts, instead of UB/LB, or split. Now that you've done STS, you might like the idea of doing split workouts. Check it out anyway :).
A lot of people thought Squat Rack was boring. Plyo legs has so much variety, and the little plyo blasts incorporated with the weight work gives it a big :eek: factor. Yes, my plan is to do Plyo Legs + another LB workout.
I gotta be honest about M3. There were a few exercises that I wished Cathe would have included to increase strength. For one, I love pull-ups, and I find nothing works my back better. You are lifting your own body weight for heaven's sake!! I'm sure she had a reason for this though, I mean she's the experienced trainer right?

Nancy
You are almost done!!! I'm so happy for you. And your strength gains are AMAZING! Congrats :D

Justina
OMG, the RYKA'S!! Please answer me this, how is the sizing on them? Do they fit accurately? Did you use the on-line sizing chart? I want to buy them too because the deal is the same for CANADA!!!
As far as fruit, in Bob Harper's book The Skinny Rules, he recommends eating berries every day. So I say eat berries til' your heart is content :D.
Crossfire and TTM are very cardio based. Mostly hiit and tabata drills. She does include little toning sections, but I would not use them for strength training. Excellent for slashing serious calories in a minimal amount of time. The premixes are outstanding.

Gotta jet! Just wanted to respond to everyone! Have a great day :cool:

Ladies,
when you have some time check out this program, it's excellent!
Clare posted on the Open Discussion. It's called The Truth about Excercise.

Horizon - The Truth About Exercise (BBC, 2012) - YouTube

Let me know what you think!

Hi Natasha! I have not received my shoes yet. I hope they're true to size. I'm between 6 and 6 1/2. Since I have to wear socks I bought 6 1/2. I'll let you know when I get them. I'm excited. :) Cool, the short workouts are definitely my favorite. If I can burn the same amount of calories in less time it would be ideal.

Take care!

Justina

Hi guys,

Took a break the last two days from intense workouts, just did some gardening instead. My low back has been bothering me probably from restarting pylo workouts and I have to admit, the heavy lifting. Like Natasha said, it does take a toll on your back especially if you have issues. So, I am considering not doing any more Squat Rack and just doing Pylo Legs and keep pylo based workouts to just that one time per week for now. I'll continue with the upper body ones, but Natasha, pull-ups...not for me, I dreaded those in the previous workouts! Maybe I just need to be stronger or something, but I struggle with them which prob means I need to do more of them! lol

Dawn awesome job on the pushups!! Isn't it incredible to see how far you have come in such a short period?! Relish in your accomplishment....you deserve it :) I would probably wait and start Meso 3 when you return just like you are thinking. You usually know what is gonna work out best for you, but we'll encourage you that it is anyhow! That's what we are here for ;)

Justina, I broke down too and ordered the Rykas. I've been unable to find a good crosstrainer and reading the thread on the shoes just made me jump on the bandwagon to give em a try. Natasha, I'll let you know what I think. They should be here in the next day or so. I just love getting packages in the mail!

Nancy I am so excited for you that you are coming into the homestretch and finishing this part of your rotation!! Can you believe how fast the time has gone since we started...seems just like yesterday!

All right, good night you all. I plan to do an STS disc tmrw from week 3 (eek!) just not sure which one....pylo legs if my back feels strong and if not chest and back. Until then, have a jammin workout!

Gina

Last Squat Legs DVD tonight! I'm still figuring out the logistics of my 20# weight vest + 20# ankle weights (somehow secured to the weight vest!)so that I can actually lift the barbell up on my own for squats! Should be interesting!:p
Wednesday's Chest & Back was really tough! Doing 85% 1RM with 8 reps was tougher than I thought it would be! But, I AM stronger :D! I think you'll all be amazed at your strength increases when you get to this last week!
Last night I did Afterburn and noticed how the increased strength is helping with that workout. I was able to get deeper into the moves and was surprised when the interval would be over! Have you guys noticed how much STS carries over into other workouts?I hope everyone is able to keep their energy levels and enthusiasm up to finish out the STS series!!!! Who is moving on to M2 after this?
Sorry my posts have been so short, I am swamped here at work and don't get many chances to get on line.....I'll check in tomorrow with my Squat Legs review!

Natasha: Are you completely done with STS or just eliminating Squat Legs?
Gina: You're coming down into the homestretch as well! How so you feel?
Dawn: Are you getting excited about M3 or have we scared the bejeebers out of you? You must be very strong to pump out those push-ups on your toes! I am impressed!
Justina: The first recovery week was tough for me because I really backed off on the intensity of my workouts in addtition to the "no weights" rule. I only did steady state and lots of walking. The next recovery I left the intensity in and felt better about the week. I have a recovery week coming up starting next Wednesday before I pyramid back down to M2 and I plan and really getting my Tabata thrill going! I also want to do the lower body part of Turbo Barre just to see if I see a difference after STS....

Well, that's all for now! Have a great rest of the day!:D

Hi guys!! I did Chest & Back at 90% today and hit all reps. I probably could have gone a lil heavier, but I can feel my chest and I did struggle with the last rep so I am happy. Today, for some reason, I really concentrated on initiating the moves with my muscle being worked and really felt my back work like never before! The more I do with Cathe, the more I learn which leads to better results in the long run!

Justina, thanks for that BBC link. I found it to be quite interesting. Im just curious where we all fall: non-responderes, responders, or superresponders....we have to be superresponders if we are able to do Cathe ;0

I think what you do in your recovery week is based on your fitness level. If you have been doing high intensity for quite some time and you feel good to go, then continue to do them. If you are just getting back or starting some of the more intense cardio by Cathe, then maybe back off. I myself did steady state cardio, no Hiit, and I found it to rejuvenate me physically and mentally helping me to push myself for the next four weeks since I also push hard with the cardio along with STS. Just my two cents worth :)

There is no doubt Nancy that STS carries over into other workouts. I can jump higher and go deeper in my pylo moves and step is easier b/c of my increased leg strength. So, Im loving the extra benefits!

I have decided to move on and focus on a lower body rotation. My goal is to lose some more weight, preferable as body fat (!) and after reaching my goal I desire to do another round of STS so I can EAT to build even more muscle! My guess is that won't be for quite a few months if not around winter...but then XTRAIN will be coming out!

Oh geez, she has so many rotations that I want to do! I will be returning to doing more circuit workouts which I am real curious to see my improvements with those plus they helped me in the past with weight loss. That's just it, I want to see how STS has upped my game with Cathe's other workouts! And I want to hear how you improved with doing Meso 2 next!

I've never had faster gains than with using STS. I remember when I first started doing deadlifts in Meso 1. I used about a 45#BB. Then I did up it in Meso 2 to around 55# hoping someday I could hold 60# cuz I tried, but couldn't and at 55# I needed to use weight hooks to hold it! Today, I did 67.5# without hooks and superb posture with holding my shoulders back and back flat. I can't describe how great that felt!

In the past, I would start, quit and restart lifting weights for the past few years never getting far in my strength and always starting back at very low poundage. From doing STS, I am so determined to continue my strength training consistently. I like being stronger and I know I have room for improvement. I also believe I will continue with recovery weeks as I see the importance of them now too. I always used to hit it hard and never take a break which ultimately led me to completely stopping...not so good!

Ok guys, gnite and I'll catch you tmrw after gardening in the am with my Dad!

Gina

Happy weekend :cool:

Yesterday's workout was a killer with 4DS upper body premix (70min). I love that workout! It's mostly heavy weights/low reps, but there is so much variation & variety; band work, drop-sets, super-sets, push-ups (different variations including high & low ends/triceps/wide). The flow is very quick, moving fast from one exercise to the next, which gave it an "endurance-type" feel (my HR was up, I was sweating) but with moderate/heavy weights. My muscles felt completely worked to fatigue. I think I may stick with this workout 2X/week. I have super UB DOMS this morning, especially in the back & chest area :D.

Oh I forgot, Thursday I did Plyo-legs. I was able to do every plyo rep, same speed as Cathe, same step height. For weighted leg #'s, I should have gone heavier, and I knew it at the time. I'm still trying to be cautious because of my back.

Although I am officially done with STS, I would still like to stop by and check-in with you guys to see how wonderfully you all are coming along. Reading your STS progress has given me motivation and I learn a lot too :)

OMG, that shooting in Aurora was so devastating. We had a shooting in Toronto a few days ago where someone starting shooting at party. A few people got killed, including 1 child. My heart goes out to the family and friends of the wounded and killed. This world is SO F-up.

Nancy
No, I have decided to discontinue STS M3 altogether :(. I will revisit M1 & 2 within the next few weeks, and plyo-legs weekly. I hate to quite the program, but my back is more important than my strength gains.
How did Squat Rack go? I'm sure you kicked serious butt :D

Gina
Your strength gains and progress have been AMAZING! Your weight #'s are super impressive. I love it :eek:
With the confidence, success and results you have obtained from the program, I'm positive you will reach your weight loss goals.
BTW, LB rotations burn lots of calories. You can definitely use that as an advantage to lose lbs, as long as you have a calorie deficit.

Justina
People with office jobs have it rough when it comes to inactivity during the day. I had one long ago and it just was not for me, I HATED IT! I've always been in the retail industry which requires me to stand for 8-10hrs of the day and sit for short durations. Funny, that extreme is not good either!

Have a wonderful w/e gals :cool:

Hello, hello :)

I decided to do my 2nd week of Squat Rack. I was ready to drop them for the remainder of STS as I had mentioned. It's been 11 days since I did the first one...can you tell I just wasn't that into doing it?! But in all fairness, I had to give it one more chance. The first week for me of each Meso had a learning curve and tweaking process to it and Squat Rack I struggled with form, poundage and so on that I really didn't feel like I got the moves good until the 3rd or 4th set so that wasn't too good.

I have to honestly say....it wasn't that bad. Still not my fav. But I did sooo much better this week. I was more comfortable with my Turbo Tower squat positioning. I wish I could show you how I do it! I went as deep as possible and I got a pretty decent workout overall. I was impressed. I still have to be careful b/c the heavy weight IS tough on the low back even with core pulled in. So, yes, I will continue to do them as I promised myself along with Pylo legs for the rest of STS. If Nancy can do it....then no excuses!!

Natasha, yes, please keep checking in with us! I plan to as well when I finish STS. I love chatting with you guys and keeping accountable, learning, getting support and advice with the occasional chuckle thrown in. There was a point I was ready to quit a week or so ago, but it was everyone here that gave me the ability to push through to the end. So, yea, you guys mean the world to me. My family and friends do not workout really. They think it's great that I do, but do not understand what it takes. You guys do and that helps to keep my excercise momentum going! It's priceless and Im not ready to give it up!

Thanks for the compliment with what I am lifting. I am blowing my own mind and loving it! Like I said, I can't wait to see how I lift on the other DVDs compared to my last time. The excitement is definitely a motivator!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Talk to you soon!

Gina

Hi STS ladies!
Hope everyone is doing well.
Natasha- hope you still stop by to check in. :) Looks like everyone is pushing along and getting it done. I hope all you ladies continue to post here. Like Gina said; it keeps me accountable. I report back to what I'm doing and I listen to what you ladies are doing. It helps a lot! :D
Remember I was talking about using fitness ball as a chair. Well, I gave it a try on Friday. I work from home on Fridays and I sat on that fitness ball most of the day. Wow, what a difference. I feel like I get up to move around more often, and I feel like I was working my core while I was sitting there. As I'm writing this I'm sitting on the fitness ball. :D Now I just have to think of a way to get it to my office. I'll just have to blow it up there and start a trend for the people at work. I wonder how they will take it. :D
Nancy- I think I will keep busy on recovery week. That's the only way I can keep the momentum going. If I rest too long it would just continue on. So every day I plan to do Turbo Fire. One Hiit work out. Yeah, I definitely feel like STS carries over to my other work outs. I'm doing better at Turbo Fire; jumping higher. I'm looking forward to getting STS results. I want to be buff. LOL
Gina- I never tried Rykas before. I hear everyone talking about how comfortable they are and since it was a great deal I made the purchase. :D And the shoes are very cute! I can't wait to try them on. I need to reward myself with some new workout clothes too. I've wearing the same old stuff I've had for years (since I work out at home). It's time that I reward myself. :D Congrats for lifting heavy! Wow, it's amazing to me. Hope I can get there too for my own level. I know everyone is different. I think I would be happy if I can lift twenty. :D

Natasha-I know. The Colorado shooting is devestating. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. These are the people I want to know and remember; not the shooter. I also heard about the shooting in Toronto. Did you hear about the girl that was in the Toronto shooting who survived? She ended up being in the Colorado shooting as well but did not survive it. This is a senseless crime. When we hear about stuff like that we dont' feel good about this world we're living in. It can be scary place. It makes me want to hug my kids tighter.

Have a good weekend ladies. Take care!
Justina

Happy Sunday Ladies!

Justina, congratulations on finishing M1! You are going to LOVE M2. You may not fall in absolute love at first sight - because I will admit the first week of M2 - is a little bit of an adjustment period. Not because it is bad or anything - it's just different. M2 W2 is when it REALLY gets good. And W3 and W4 are amazing! I can see myself using those 2 weeks over and over again.

Yes, I will definitely be working out while on vacation. We rent a house so I am going to bring my adjustable dumbbells which give me a great weight range to work with. I am going to make a list of basic exercise to do with them. I may even go through all of the STS discs to find some exercises and write down my weight amounts.

So, I may end up being right along side you when you start M3! This is my schedule for the next few weeks.

Week of 7/22: repeat M2 W3
Week of 7/29: repeat M2 W4
Week of 8/5: recovery on vacation (no strength)
Week of 8/12: my own "vacation rotation" :)
Week of 8/19: repeat M2 W4 - just to be sure I am ready for M3
Week of 8/26: start M3

Natasha, too bad you had to stop M3. But you're right - you CAN'T mess with your back! Great pre-mix you made last week! So glad your back is doing better. How would you rate the plyo intensity in M3? See, I tend to have issues with my back when I do plyo so I'm little worried about that.

Definitely - keep coming back to this thread! It won't be long before we are all done with STS. Hopefully we'll all still be around. And maybe we'll all start XTRAIN together!

Nancy, yes - I definitely see a difference in my other workouts based on STS - especially in the legs. My son and I went on a bike ride the other day with big hills - and boy what a difference with good leg strength! How did your squat legs go the other night?

Gina, great news on your 67.5# dead lifts. It's great 'cuz the numbers don't lie - so you KNOW you are stronger! SO glad this forum encouraged you to keep going last week - that makes me happy. :)

Off to re-visit B&G! Haven't done that in a while. :)

Wow ladies! Squat Rack was TOUGH with the 85% 8 reps! :eek: I used my 20# vest and connected my ankle weights together and wore a 10# belt! It made the barbell much more manageable and I didn't even use the Turbo Tower at all. I love Squat Legs because there's hardly any clean up of my "toys"!!! I feel great and ready to tackle today and tomorrow's last M3W4discs!
Yesterday I did the TTM premix "Fitness Tabata Instead of Compound Legs". I thought my legs should have a little break after Squat Legs. OMG!!! It was so tough! I felt like I was wearing cement shoes :p! So, I know I definitely got a good workout with Squat Legs the day before!
Today will be Shoulders/Tris/Bis and I am happy to give the legs day off! We did go for a 90 minute walk early this morning, but at least I wasn't using weights!
Tomorrow will be the last Plyo Legs for a while....
I'm looking forward to my recovery week...;)

Happy Monday (what an oxymoron hun?) STS ladies :)

Very busy weekend for me. I hope all of you had a good weekend and are doing well :)

My workouts this weekend were the following: Sat I did Leslie Sanson's 5 Really Big Miles (I did 4 miles with a 12lbs vest, 60min) and Sun was 4DS Lower Body Circuit (60min). I have started to incorporate another LB workout/week, as I believe my thighs will truly benefit from it :D.

Justina

Great idea on using the stability ball as a chair. You know, I heard a lot of office people are doing that now. And who cares if people think you are silly! (I think it's brilliant). You are definitely doing the right thing with regards to your heath.
Yes, I heard about that girl who survived the shooting in Toronto. How eerie (and disgusting) that she ended up dying from the Colorado shooting. My heart goes out to all the family and friends who lost a loved one.

Gina
Way to go on not quitting Squat Rack. Trust me, I know how hard it is to do a workout you're not in love with. Sometimes it just takes a few tries to get adjusted/accustomed to the feel of it. You may never have that "bond" with Squat Rack, and that's ok too. The best workout is the one you'll want to do.

Dawn
The plyo intensity is very high with plyo-legs IMO. But if course, you can always modify and make the moves less intense. For instance, Cathe does a lot of jumping on/off the step. Lowering your step height is a possible solution. Plyo legs has all the goodies, including tuck jumps and air jacks. If you need to modify, go for it! Perhaps do regular jumping jacks (with a firewalker will make it more intense) or smaller jumps. If the plyo just is not your thing at all, I would substitute with other LB workouts. Repeat M1 or 2, but try to up your weights #. The possibilities are endless :D
Have a great time on your vacation too :)

Keep rockin' on ladies :cool:

Hi ladies!

Today is first day of recovery week. I will be doing a Hiit workout. One of the reasons is that I want to catch one of my favorite shows on TV. LOL

Dawn-enjoy your vacation! I'm sure you will burn mad calories with your rotation. :D

Natasha-I've been using the fitness as a chair at home for few days now. I can definitely feel a difference. Need to buy another fitness ball for work. In the past when I sit in a chair for a long, long time, I can actually feel my behind getting bigger! LOL It feels numb when I finally get up. Ha! Sitting on a ball makes me get up more often to move around.

Getting ready to rock the cardio workout. Have a good night and chat again soon!

Justina

Nancy, so are you just about done with M3? Funny about not cleaning up your "toys!" It's funny you mention that because just the other day I referred to my workout area as the "playroom". Toys everywhere!!! :eek: Nancy, you are still going to pyramid down, right? Are you getting psyched to start M2 again!?

Justina, are you going through any STS withdrawals? Great idea with the stability ball. I work from home and used the ball one day - it felt great. I haven't really thought of it since - but now that you mention it, I may give it another try.

I've got a question for you ladies with M3 Do you do any incline bench presses in M3? I'm starting to go heavier with that. But when the bench is inclined the rack is quite far back (behind me). I finding it harder and harder to lift the barbell into position this way. It's fine when the bench is flat but it is awkward :p on an incline.

I re-did disc 19 (M2 W3) yesterday. I used my same workout card that I used 2 weeks ago when I did it for the first time. It was GREAT doing it all over again so soon. I went up a bit in a few of the weights and the double wave loads were much easier this time (I think because I knew what to expect). I figured I'd record the results from this time around in the workout manager.

I hope I'm not messing up the program somehow by repeating these last two weeks of M2, But I think it's my best option with vacation coming up. Or it's just a genius excuse to stay on M2 forever! :cool:

So, the other day after talking to you about plyo legs - instead of doing B&G I took out 30/30. The last time I did that was my first week of STS. It was SO much easier this time! Wow! So maybe that was my problem with plyo - I wasn't strong enough so it was taking a toll on my back. What a difference! The benefits of strength training are endless! :D

So I pre-ordered XTRAIN yesterday. I've never been part of the pre-release hype here before - so I'm looking forward to that. Sometimes the anticipation is 1/2 the fun, right? :) I also ordered CF and TTM - I took advantage of the free shipping there.

To supplement leg workouts - I think I may do GS Legs today. I love that one. BTW, Gym Style Back Shoulders and Biceps is the deal of the day today in case you are interested. One of my absolute favorites! I'm waiting for squat rack to be the deal of the day. Hey, if you guys ever see that as the deal of the day - please let me know. Thnx.

Did you guys sign up for the live stream from the road trip? What a GREAT idea. That will be so cool to see it live. It starts Friday night. I so want to go on a road trip! I can't wait until Cathe discloses the next location.

Wow, I still managed to make this super long even though only a couple days have past since my last post!

I hope everybody is doing well! :D

OMG Nancy, I forgot to add you in my last post. I just saw :eek:. My bad :D
You've done so incredibly well with STS :D. What an inspiration you've been throughout this entire program. You must be feeling this amazing sense of pride and accomplishment. I'm so happy for ya! Congrats :)

I will be back tomorrow to write more personals. Have a rockin' day ladies :cool:

!!!!!DONE!!!!!

WAHOO!!!! :eek: I made it!!!!! I did my last workout of the Official STS program last night (plyo legs)! Today I feel like jello!:p I am looking forward to a leisurely walk this evening, and one of the Yoga Max Premixes.
So, I know the plan was to go back and do M2 after this recovery week, but Gym Styles is calling...and so are some of the total body/lower body DVDs. I really have to think about this further!;)

What did I get out of STS? Well, definitely STRENGTH!!! I was lifting weights that blew me away! Now I know what it is to lift to failure! I will never be afraid to push myself again! I also increased my flexability! I think the deadlifts and the Extended Stretch are responsible for that! I NEVER skipped the Extended Stretch. My weight stayed the same within 2 pounds throughout. I do not look much different than when I started. Some of my friends say that my biceps look a little more rounded and that my upper back has a bit more definition. I'm not disappointed, though! I'm just not one of those girls that builds muscles appreciably :confused:. The surprise gain of STS was "meeting" you wonderful, supportive ladies! It was very motivating to check in and urge each other on!

For now, I'm just going to chill out and enjoy my accomplishment today!:D

Big font.:eek: Ha ha.

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting. I bet you'll be walking tall tonight on your walk!

Good for you on the extended stretch as well. I think I did that maybe twice.:p But hearing you talk about it like this - I will certainly start doing it regulary.

You'll still check in here, right? :)

Let us know what you decide about the pyramid. If the other workouts are calling you - it's probably best to listen! And heck, after two weeks if you want to start M2 again - it's always there, right?

Congratulations again on your commencement! :D:D

Hi my wonderful workout buddies :)

I’ve been busy catching up on my STS rotation doing 4 of them in the past 4 days! I think that is why I fried my triceps & couldn’t do all the reps in the 2nd round from holding that heavy barbell and in assisting the other exercises in the prior 2 days.

I am loving my glute and hamstring doms today. Could it be cuz I did Squat Rack Saturday then Pylo yesterday…2 days later?! I think it shows me that I need more lower body workouts in the week which I am intending to do after STS. I loved week 3 of Pylo! No 180 squat jumps! But there were other killer moves! This wasn’t any easier by any means! I enjoyed the new variety…but oh my, one legged squat thrusts?! I should have been recorded and entered into America’s Funniest Videos for that performance! Lol. She burned my quads in this w/o.

Nancy, AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!! Yippee and congrats on accomplishing your first round of STS!! First, because even if you move on, I know you will return for another round again. Take your rest, it is well deserved!

I am ending up with the same results. No change in weight (although I was up and down a few pounds throughout, but my overeating got the best of me). However, like you, my strength has vastly improved and I swear I am sporting more upper body definition! And I also now understand what it means to lift to failure…that alone was worth it!

Dawn, once you do a pre-sale you kinda get hooked on em fyi ;) I ordered too. It is so much more exciting to get the updates and anticipate the delivery when you pre-order. Usually, you got the best deal on them, but now with her daily deals I can’t say that. You and Nancy bought STS for less than what I paid in the pre-sale.

You and Nancy both have mentioned Gym Styles. I am looking forward to trying out GS Legs. I have it in my lower body rotation. Can you believe I have GS, PS, S&H, and Pyramids but never tried them?! I think I was afraid to lift heavy or thought I already had to be able to lift heavy to do them. Not now after STS! I look forward in the months to come to give em a try. Any favorites anybody?

Pylo takes a toll on my back too. But you are right, it has gotten better with being stronger. And you are not messing STS up. I think it is very forgiving to tailor it to your needs. Your plan looks good to me!

Natasha, I liked your upper body premix you did the other day. I’ll have to keep that one in mind. There are so many options for workouts that I go crazy trying to plan mine cuz I wanna do them all!

I was horrified about that Colorado shooting. Did you see him in court yesterday? He even colored his hair to look like the Joker. Some joke. So devastating and unnecessary. My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved.

Justina welcome to recovery week. You will come to appreciate them once you return to STS. Your body will be ready to go!

The stability ball chair idea is good. I keep reading how any extra little activity is best and I think that qualifies as you need to keep your core engaged to balance! Who cares what anyone else thinks?! It is doing your body good!

Anybody do any running for cardio? I started a run/walk program to do a 10k. Im not crazy over running as it is always my last choice for cardio, but for some crazy reason I keep thinking I want to do our local 10K Peace Race through our beautiful park in the fall. Crazy because I don’t run much nor very fast! I did do a 5k a few years ago, but then I stopped running after that.

Ok, enough for now! Whew, that'll show me to miss a day or two...

Gina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.