STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

Good Morning!

Oh man, oh man, Nancy you asked if my weights were good after tweaking last week....well, this morning waking up, when I just moved in bed I felt my chest soreness!! Wowser! I would say I got em good! And it feels good!

That Turbo Tower move is tricky and it takes practice to get that bar back on. So happy Hubby was there! Thank him for me :)

Natasha you are an inspiration! You are strong in many ways!

Pylo Legs is up for me later today, but first Im off to go garden with my Dad! I'll BBL!

Oh, wait, my fingers are equal in length...does that mean Im androgynous?! lol ;)

Gina

Just thought I'd post about my workout. I just did my 2nd Pylo Legs w/o. For some reason, there has been a dread factor for me to do this one. Maybe b/c I've just recently restarted doing her harder w/os again and I have fear and/or doubt that I can do them?

I have to admit that since I told everyone I was doing pylo today that I figured I had better go do it!! Man, talk about accountability....you guys are gold :) So, I popped in the DVD even with being tired and having a lil uncertainty about it, I just told myself "Do what you can do, that's all, even if it's half the pylo segments". Well, guess what? I did all of it. Every single rep including the pylo! What an incredible sense of accomplishment. Sure I was breathin hard, sweating bullets, and fighting a small side stitch towards the end, but there was nothing that was gonna stop me from gettin to the end! One day I will look forward to pylo, but for now I think I have to conquer the mental aspect that I can do it. All I can say is thank goodness tmrw is a rest day :) I can already feel the DOMS starting in my quads!

To boot, those are some of the deepest pylo jacks I have ever done! I just can't believe the strength I have gained going through STS. It is amazing! As a nice side benefit, STS has also helped to improve my cardio w/os as well.

Ok, enough of my therapy session here :) I think it helps me put this rotation in perspective by telling you how I feel about it.

Nancy, in one regard I am ready to do some of Cathe's other strength tapes. Now that I am stronger I am eager to see how much better I can do and try some of the ones I've never done like GS, S&H and Pyramid especially now that I understand how to fatigue my muscles. I also really want to hit legs 2-3x/wk so I was thinking just upper body 1x/wk. But, now that we are coming to the end of Meso 3, I also kinda want to do Meso 2 with you & see our differences in our strength going back through it. Maybe I can fit it in and do Legs-upper-legs-off-upper-legs-off. I'll have to chew on it for awhile.

Natasha Im sending you healing vibes for your back... Were you able to do shldrs, bis and tris today then? Ive never tried Epsom salts...did it help?

Justina it's been awhile since I did a TF w/o. Like you, I enjoy those routines too. I honestly didn't think I would like Chalene, but she's kinda fun actually and motivating even. I need to put one in for my cardio this upcoming week. And trust me, you are going to keep improving your fitness level as you continue to work through STS. It's amazing the gains you achieve in both strength and cardio!

Dawn you gotta be coming up on your last week of Meso 2 right? It'll be a lil intro to Meso 3 as you lift 80%. You can do it!! Think of the nice arms you're gonna have :)

Hope you guys are having a good day :) Ttyl

Gina

Last edited:
Just thought I'd post about my workout. I just did my 2nd Pylo Legs w/o. For some reason, there has been a dread factor for me to do this one. Maybe b/c I've just recently restarted doing her harder w/os again and I have fear and/or doubt that I can do them?

I have to admit that since I told everyone I was doing pylo today that I figured I had better go do it!! Man, talk about accountability....you guys are gold :) So, I popped in the DVD even with being tired and having a lil uncertainty about it, I just told myself "Do what you can do, that's all, even if it's half the pylo segments". Well, guess what? I did all of it. Every single rep including the pylo! What an incredible sense of accomplishment. Sure I was breathin hard, sweating bullets, and fighting a small side stitch towards the end, but there was nothing that was gonna stop me from gettin to the end! One day I will look forward to pylo, but for now I think I have to conquer the mental aspect that I can do it. All I can say is thank goodness tmrw is a rest day :) I can already feel the DOMS starting in my quads!

To boot, those are some of the deepest pylo jacks I have ever done! I just can't believe the strength I have gained going through STS. It is amazing! As a nice side benefit, STS has also helped to improve my cardio w/os as well.

Ok, enough of my therapy session here :) I think it helps me put this rotation in perspective by telling you how I feel about it.

Nancy, in one regard I am ready to do some of Cathe's other strength tapes. Now that I am stronger I am eager to see how much better I can do and try some of the ones I've never done like GS, S&H and Pyramid especially now that I understand how to fatigue my muscles. I also really want to hit legs 2-3x/wk so I was thinking just upper body 1x/wk. But, now that we are coming to the end of Meso 3, I also kinda want to do Meso 2 with you & see our differences in our strength going back through it. Maybe I can fit it in and do Legs-upper-legs-off-upper-legs-off. I'll have to chew on it for awhile.

Natasha Im sending you healing vibes for your back... Were you able to do shldrs, bis and tris today then? Ive never tried Epsom salts...did it help?

Justina it's been awhile since I did a TF w/o. Like you, I enjoy those routines too. I honestly didn't think I would like Chalene, but she's kinda fun actually and motivating even. I need to put one in for my cardio this upcoming week. And trust me, you are going to keep improving your fitness level as you continue to work through STS. It's amazing the gains you achieve in both strength and cardio!

Dawn you gotta be coming up on your last week of Meso 2 right? It'll be a lil intro to Meso 3 as you lift 80%. You can do it!! Think of the nice arms you're gonna have :)

Hope you guys are having a good day :) Ttyl

Gina

GINA, HOORAY FOR YOU!!!!!!!​

I am so happy that you've made peace with Plyo Legs ;)! It really is one of the most challenging workouts for me, too! I really have to psych myself up for it. I really dread the half turns (180 squat jumps). I used an 8# weight the first time, then went down to a 5# and felt my form was better. And how 'bout the jumps up and off the box? YIKES! Give me oxygen! You're right though about these workouts getting us stronger...I feel it so much, too! I am sending you a virtual gold star to wear on your forehead today!!! GREAT JOB!!!! And enjoy your rest day!

Hello rockin' STS ladies :)

Yesterday's w/o was M3 shoulder's, tri's & bi's. It's amazing how much you're forced to engage your lower back when lifting heavy. For that reason, I had to err on the side of caution since my lower back has been achy. Simple exercises like seated concentration curls were tough, especially with a heavy weight. I have come to the conclusion that M3 may have limitations with my bad lower back :(. I will listen to my body, not push myself, and probably won't be able to go up 5% every week, but that's ok. I try to look at the positive side always, and remind myself that I'm still healthy, fit, and strong, despite some limitations ;).
I ordered Leslie Sanson's 5 Really Big Miles. It comes with a toning band :D. I'm looking forward to incorporating some walking miles into my workout routines.

Nancy
DH to the rescue indeed! I bet the look on his face was priceless :). I asked my DH if he could be my spotter, but with a slight exception...I would have to call him Greg or Robert ;) ;). Yeah, he didn't buy it :D.
OMG, you are gonna laugh at this, a few weeks ago I tried to use my 2x5lbs ankle weights (attached) as a belt! Yes it works, but I was a bit concerned about my back so I opted out. Definitely give it a go!

Gina
Congrats on Plyo Legs!!!!! That is one tough sucker, you should be very (very, very) proud :). STS is definitely NOT just a strength training program. Along with strength and muscles, you obtain confidence and courage. Every time you conquer (or at least attempt) a workout that you've been afraid to do, you will discover so many things about yourself. Remember, it's progress not perfection. It will only get better from here (trust me). Just think of what you can accomplish in 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month! I think I hear 40/20 calling your name ;).

Hope everyone had a great summer weekend :cool:

Hi everyone!
Hope you all had a great weekend. Speaking of Leg w/o, I did disc 9 last night. I struggled with Front Lunge Same Leg in the last 2 reps. The workout was defintely intense. I was sweating like when I did Turbo Fire.

Sorry...the last post was cut short. It was an accident. :D

So Plyo legs..when will I see that routine? It sounds tough and challenging. I'm looking forward to it. STS is an amazing program. I feel stronger every day. I've been telling people at work about it. Hope they jump on the Cathe wagon. :)

Natasha, I'm glad you enjoy Asian cuisine. I love it too. My grandmother is a great cook. She pretty much raised all of us (me, my sister and cousins). I always look forward to her homemade meals. I heard about Toronto's Asian community. My boss is from there. He and his family relocated to the US about 4 years ago. They still go back to visit every few years. I would love to visit there one day! :) I'm Chinese, born in Taiwan and grew up in Brooklyn New York. If you ever go to New York to visit, you have to stop by Flushing, Queens for authenic Chinese cuisine. I think you will really enjoy that.

Gina, thanks for the name again. I think I have heard of it before. I will look it up on amazon. Can you ladies tell that I shop there a lot? :D You are so right. With our improved strength and overall fitness, the benefits really carry to our day to day life. Isn't that awesome? I notice not only physical but also mental. I noticed clarity and confidience; body and mind. I find Chalene motivating too. Just when I feel like I can't go anymore, she helps me continue on and finish the w/o.

Nancy, that's an interesting test! I have never heard of it before. Thanks for sharing!:D It looks like both of my hands show the same amount of testosterone exposure. From my experience I have the ability to build muscles but I see results in the upper body before anywhere else. Maybe that's common with everybody. Glad your hubby came to the rescue!:D I work out in the basement, so I dont know if my husband will hear my screams ! LOL I'm definitely interested in Cross Fire and To the Max. I'll have to buy after I'm done with STS. What has been your experience with these DVDs? Are these w/o shorter and more intense?

Have a good day ladies! :)

Justina

Hello ladies!

I just wanted to share some pics with you. The 1st pic is me pregnant at 8 months; my total pregnancy weight gain was 65lbs. I was a BIG carrier, stretched TO THE MAX, as far as I'm concerned. The 2nd pic is me at 4 months post-partum. I was just discovering workout vids at the time and had about 45lbs to lose. The 3rd is me at the beach yesterday with my little one (she never wants to stay in pics!) 3 weeks to go until STS is completed. I think I've come a long way. It's been a long, hard journey, but I'm proud of my accomplishments and feel at peace, happy and confident. I wish only the best for all of you :).

Attachments

• 100_4071.jpg
    100_4071.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_5834.jpg
    100_5834.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Tash & Bella.jpg
    Tash & Bella.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 13
Wow Natasha,you are an inspiration! You look fantastic! Your hard work paid off. :D I am so proud of your accomplishments. It makes me want to work harder so I can get the same results.
How did you lose the middle? That's my challenging spot. :)
Your daughter is so cute! She should be in pictures more often. :)

Justina

Hi Gina,
Which BodyMediafit do you have? On Amazon I see 4 different models with various pricing. I'm guessing the Fit Advantage will be sufficent. I like the price better than the rest. The Fit Link is pricy.

Hello ladies!

I just wanted to share some pics with you. The 1st pic is me pregnant at 8 months; my total pregnancy weight gain was 65lbs. I was a BIG carrier, stretched TO THE MAX, as far as I'm concerned. The 2nd pic is me at 4 months post-partum. I was just discovering workout vids at the time and had about 45lbs to lose. The 3rd is me at the beach yesterday with my little one (she never wants to stay in pics!) 3 weeks to go until STS is completed. I think I've come a long way. It's been a long, hard journey, but I'm proud of my accomplishments and feel at peace, happy and confident. I wish only the best for all of you :).

Great job Natasha!! You look Great! Your hard work, dedication, and perseverance shows!!

Your "to the max" reference is too funny...thanks for making me laugh this am :)

And your little girl is precious! what is her name? How old?

Thanks for sharing!

Gina

Hi Gina,
Which BodyMediafit do you have? On Amazon I see 4 different models with various pricing. I'm guessing the Fit Advantage will be sufficent. I like the price better than the rest. The Fit Link is pricy.

I do have the Fit Link one b/c I can instanteously see my current results on the iPhone Ap while I am working out and I love to see the progress Im making. For me it is very motivating and well worth the cost.

Actually, if you want to see your results as you are working out, if you buy the Advantage one, you will also have to purchase the wrist watch monitor which is about $70 sooo that ends up being more expensive!

On the other hand, the Advantage would be cheaper if you don't mind waiting to see what your results were. You will need to connect your armband to your computer to download your results for cals burned, steps taken, vigorous activity minutes, etc.

Like I mentioned this does not do your heart rate monitoring for you if you are curious.

I think it is a neat little device. In the beginning I wore it while I slept to see how often I woke up and amount of true sleep I was getting. It's pretty cool!

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Gina

GINA, HOORAY FOR YOU!!!!!!!​

I am so happy that you've made peace with Plyo Legs ;)! It really is one of the most challenging workouts for me, too! I really have to psych myself up for it. I really dread the half turns (180 squat jumps). I used an 8# weight the first time, then went down to a 5# and felt my form was better. And how 'bout the jumps up and off the box? YIKES! Give me oxygen! You're right though about these workouts getting us stronger...I feel it so much, too! I am sending you a virtual gold star to wear on your forehead today!!! GREAT JOB!!!! And enjoy your rest day!

Yea, my least fav move are the 180 squat jumps too! And to boot there are 2 sets! ughh! We did the opposite for the weights tho, I did 3# first, but ended up liking the 5# as it helped my form too (it weighted me down more ;)

Ok, I can handle the jumps up and off the box, but what about when she added the squat thrust first?!?! I'm like what?! Leave it to Cathe to challenge us physically and mentally!

My butt is still DOMSing from that workout!

Thank you for my gold star.. I wore it proudly all day long :)

Gina

Hello rockin' STS ladies :)

Yesterday's w/o was M3 shoulder's, tri's & bi's. I will listen to my body, not push myself, and probably won't be able to go up 5% every week, but that's ok. I try to look at the positive side always, and remind myself that I'm still healthy, fit, and strong, despite some limitations ;).
I ordered Leslie Sanson's 5 Really Big Miles. It comes with a toning band :D. I'm looking forward to incorporating some walking miles into my workout routines.

Gina
Congrats on Plyo Legs!!!!! That is one tough sucker, you should be very (very, very) proud :). STS is definitely NOT just a strength training program. Along with strength and muscles, you obtain confidence and courage. Every time you conquer (or at least attempt) a workout that you've been afraid to do, you will discover so many things about yourself. Remember, it's progress not perfection. It will only get better from here (trust me). Just think of what you can accomplish in 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month! I think I hear 40/20 calling your name ;).

Natasha, listening to your body is the best, smartest thing to do! And you are absolutely fit and strong my dear friend! You rock!!

I have some of Leslie's walking DVDs too. I may have to remember about doing one if I'm not up to Cathe's level instead of choosing not to work out. I think I am going to have to look into some of her newer ones. Well, maybe next month since I placed my order for XTRAIN!

You are so dead on with your thoughts. You are amazing how precisely you capture things! Thank you for your encouraging words in regards to pylo legs :) I've only ever done 40/20 once like 2 years ago, so you're right, I am going to have to revisit it...maybe in a few more weeks tho! lol. Let me finish pylo legs... I have 2 more of those to go!!

Have a great day :)

Gina

Hi STS ladies!

This is my last week in M1. I didn't do so well with disc 9 last night. I was tired before I got started. Usually I get pumped after the warm up, last night it was a struggle. I couldn't complet all the pushups. :( I'm thinking I need to catch up on sleep. I haven't been sleeping well. Hopefully my energy level will improve and I can perform better.

What's everyone up to? Rockin the workouts? :D

Have a good day!

Justina

Hi STS ladies!

This is my last week in M1. I didn't do so well with disc 9 last night. I was tired before I got started. Usually I get pumped after the warm up, last night it was a struggle. I couldn't complet all the pushups. :( I'm thinking I need to catch up on sleep. I haven't been sleeping well. Hopefully my energy level will improve and I can perform better.
Justina

Don't feel bad we all have those "off" workout days where our energy isn't up to snuff. I am familiar with it and today just happens to be one of those days for me!

I did Low Impact Challenge today from LIS. The warm-up was kickin my butt if that gives any indication of my struggle! I lasted on an 8" step for 30 minutes, went to 6 inches then to finish, but there was no way I was going to do the 9 min blast with her! I'll save it for next time :) Plus, I think I've only done this once or twice before months ago and I had to relearn the choreo which trust me, I still have work to do to learn it! I usually pick up choreo pretty fast, but today I just kept ending up the wrong leg and my count was off. Not like me, but my head feels out of it, kinda spacey today too.

Oh well, hey, at least we worked out! Your next one will be better! Definitely try to get your sleep!!

Gotta run, have a good day guys :)

Gina

Thanks Gina!
I started with Cathe's Hardcore series and to this day I still can't master IMAX 3. LOL The steps are too complicated for me. I always end up with my back facing the TV or all over the place. I'm better at Kickboxing.

Let's hope we both get back into the groove soon! :D

Justina

Hello ladies :)

Yesterday's w/o was Crossfire triple Tabata premix (firewalker Tabata, low impact Tabata, plyo Tabata) :eek:. 30min of my heart pounding in my throat :eek:. Tough stuff, love it :D.

Are you guys reading the 50 Shades Of Grey Thread over in OD? I know you are Justina, your comments made me laugh! It's so refreshing to read about things that are not all health/fitness related sometimes ;). Now I'm really curious to read it :D. I'm open minded to anything and everything, but romance novels never really tickled my fancy. I'm more of a fantasy/horror/sci-fi genre reading buff.

Justina
Thank you for the compliment :eek:. You are too kind :). With regards to my middle, I've always had a fairly flat upper abdominal section (most pear-shapes do). The lower belly pooch is still a work in progress though :confused:. I find diet is about 90% key to good abs. You know what, it all depends on your body-type, how many children you've had, your diet, ect.
Don't feel bad about your workout. First off, who can complete all those insane push-ups??? Perhaps someone superhuman like Cathe, but not most. You are not the only one who has had this problem. It's happened to me numerous times when I'm tired and burnt out. Don't you have a 2 year old child??? Man, they suck every last bit out of ya ;). I hope you get some good nights sleep.

Gina
Thank you for the compliment also. You guys make me blush :eek:.
My little girl's name is Izabella. Ya, she is my love :).
I really like Low Impact Challenge too, but doing it on an 8inch is taxing on the legs that's for sure!
So what are your plans after STS? You mentioned wanting to do a lower body rotation. Are you making your own or choosing one of Cathe's?

Have a great day ladies :)

Hi ladies,

I've been reading the thread on the Fifty Shades of Gray. It's an interesting discussion. :D It is nice to talk about things outside of fitness. We do all have other hobbies, I think. :)
I'm curious too. I'm not a romance fan for books or films. I enjoy horror, action & advantature and mystries. Since this book is stiring controversy, I'm curious about it. It's funny how people call it mommy porn. Interesting why we need a special nick name for this book; because it targets female readers?
The only time I can read is when I'm on the bus commuting to work. At home I'm just too busy. I make sure I put time aside for my worouts and family. Right now I'm reading The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson. I didn't want to read The Girls with the Dragon Tatoo because I thought it would be too graphic. I hear the movie is very graphic. Did any of you see the movie?

Workout-wise, I figured many people have those "off" days too. Tonight I will strive to do better. It's cardio night. :D

Can you share your experience with Cross Fire and To The Max? Are these compound excercises? High intensity workouts? What do you like most about these DVDs?

I think I'm "apple" shape. Any time I gain weight I gain in the middle. As far as my diet, I may be eating too much fruit. I've been reading about that and it seems that eating too much fruit is not a good thing. I have blueberries and strawberries in my salad for lunch I say for the past two months. I also have watermelon on daily basis. When I come home from grocery shopping, I bring home a lot of fruit. I'm not eating nearly as much veggies. I LOVE watermelon. I can have it every day with every meal. :rolleyes:

I definitely need to catch up on sleep. Lack of sleep can affect many aspects of my life. LOL. I'm misplacing things, can't remember when I walk into a room why I'm there etc. Does that ever happen to any of you? :D

Have a good day! Enjoy your workout!

Justina

I had commented on the Fifty Shades thread myself. I am waiting for my reserve on the book from the library. I don't usually read fiction any more. I always have like 3-4 nonfiction books going at a time though...I love to read! But with all of the hype and controversy over this particular one, I have to check out what all the buzz is about!

Natasha, I researched Cathe's rotations the other day and printed off about 8 to go over. With a quick overview I didn't think there is one per se that I am going to follow verbatim instead, I think I am going to blend a few to keep the w/os fresh and changing. Im still in the development phase tho! I think you had recom. the Dec 10 rotation to someone else, and that would be the one I would most likely follow or use the majority of.

I think I have 9 DVDs left of STS...that blows my mind! I will complete them in over the next 2-3 weeks. I had Squat Rack scheduled today, but my energy just is not there today and my cardio session really kicked my butt this am. Plus the heat, even with the a/c!! Im sweating just typing!

So, Natasha are you doing 2 lower body w/os per week then? You had said about replacing squat rack with one, but I know you're also doing Pylo Legs. I have to say, I'm not too eager or excited to do Squat Rack. It almost was a lil boring to me. Dare I say, (I think I actually like Pylo legs better...gasp!) I really thought it was going to be the reverse!

I have to admit, I am getting ancy to finish STS. I have never done an official Cathe rotation so there is no way Im not gonna finish STS! But I am secretly eager to move on. three months is a long time! don't get me wrong, I enjoy doing the workouts when I do them! Maybe a part of it has to do with the fact that we are doing the same exact exercises every week in meso 3? Not sure. I am thrilled however with my strength gains! And I know I will revisit STS again!

Ok, guys. Goodnight. Catch ya all tmrw!

Gina

This is it!!! Tonight I start the LAST WEEK OF (the Official) STS! M3 W4 has finally arrived and I get to test out my strength gains (not that I need any proof!);). I haven't checked in for a few days, but things are going great for me and sound like they're going great for everyone else! I am really looking forward to this week! I'll be throwing in Afterburn and To The Max for my cardio (along with the last Plyo Legs of M3!), and will try to fit in Slide n Glide express on the last Shoulder/Bi/Tri day. After my recovery week I'll go back to M2 and throw in an extra lower body workout each week (Lower Body Blast, Butts & Guts, Legs & Glutes, or Gym Styles Legs), even if it's just a timersaver premix that I tack on to a cardio day. I'm going to stick with CRF, TTM, AB, and AT for my cardios and try to put in more ab stuff, too! WAHOO!!!!!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.