*** STS COOLERS week of Feb. 9 *****

Laurie, I love all the open space you have in your backyard!! Cami, must love it! The yellow colour is very similiar to what we did in our living room a few years ago. Such a nice warm colour.

Laurie, we did do Build a Bear, again :rolleyes: This was bear number 10 but it was her own money and she sures plays with those bears, they're are her favourite toys.

Jeanette Yes, the gliding discs are the same as paper plates. I work out on carpet and just haven't found anything that works great. I've been using some hard covered Dr.Seuss's books :D They don't work too bad. I could live with the tent, the only thing I don't like is first thing in the morning, waking up in the tent, having to get dressed when I can't fully stand up and then walking to the bathroom, heating water for coffee etc. Just seems like so much work just to get out of bed ;) but I'm fine the rest of the day. We started looking at SUV's today as now we need something that can pull a trailer.

Patricia- Yes, identical girl triplets (which is quite rare), we are all very close but sometimes I think our lives are too entwined and we should seperate a little. I didn't know you were a twin! That's neat! I ordered Cathe's High Step Circuit (the beginner workout) for my sister's birthday gift. We decided to all go to Old Spaghetti Factory for supper tomorrow night. Have fun visiting with your family! I've signed my kids up for swimming lessons again for the springtime, we decide to skip the winter session.

Beautiful spring day here! Everything is melting and messy! Did Disc 7 for the second time and my arms are feeling it. I counted, there are 198 push ups in this workout (including the halfs)!! My arms are fried, and DH's complaining of his legs so we're a good match :rolleyes: He went to do a 14 mile run, hit the wall at 13.5 miles and had to walk the last .5 mile back home.

DH and I discussed things and decided that for our 40th birthdays (mine in March and his in May), we're going to do a weekend trip (no kids) to LasVegas instead of presents. We're going to drive down to Grand Forks, North Dakota to get a cheap flight, so will have to go before or after the flood. The highway is often flooded out each spring and this year, tons of snow down south so they're predicting that the highway will be closed for a couple of weeks. So will go either early April or May.

Kim

Meet my friend at the park and we did a 3.5 run mile run. Had to be careful as pretty icy out there. Just relaxing with some coffee and then going to get ready for church. Have a good day!

Did 40 mins of crosscountry skiing with ds and my mom, the weather is getting warm so the skiing isn't very good. Going out for my birthday dinner soon. :D

Good Sunday Evening Coolers

Had a great time visiting with the family. Met my DB's latest GF. Seems really nice but even my SIL mentioned she doesn't want to get too close to his GF anymore as they seem to keep changing every few months the last year or 2.

Lets see, I did Lean Circuit #3 today, mainly chest and shoulders, then I did 4DS - LIS cardio only. A friend came over and took all my old w/o videos that I was going to give to the library. She teaches at the Y so I figured she might get some use out of them.

Jeanette - LOL, no wonder you were confused, imagining me dragging my 300# DH around the pool. Well, that's probably the only place I could:p unless I hooked him to the winch on the ATV that is:D:D There is no way you are the laziest X'er doing Imax 2 on 8". So umm, do you have a "Honey Dew" list in the meantime for DH? I swear, DH has promised be for several weekends to do a couple things around the house and still not done. This, the man who has every tool under the sun. Hey, golfing 2x, STS 2x, you're on a roll.

Laurie - Oh, you're kitchen lay-out looks great. Looks like you can have a couple people in there w/o tripping over each other. It looks like you have a big yard too. Riding lawnmore perhaps? I'm really in love with yellow the last few years. DH wouldn't let me paint the basement yellow as upstairs is too. Is Fairre (sp?) starting up soon?

Kim - any ideas on SUV's yet? I test drove the 09 Toyota Rav4 last week and really liked it. We're not sure yet but my Civic is an 03 with 147K kms on it so just checking things out. Figured with the economy now might be the best time to buy. I picked up a brochure for Subaru Forrester today too as its seems to be more of a cross between a car and an SUV. We have a Ford Explorer and I don't really want something that big. Have fun hunting. I was at the Spaghetti Factor in Jan. I didn't know they were a franchise. Just LOOOOVe the garlic butter. Vegas sounds like a blast. Have you been before? I know a lot of people in southern ontario will drive down to Buffalo and fly out of there just for the cheaper rates. Great that you can take advantage of that. Joggin and x-country skiing all in the same day. Are you trying to compete with Jeanette?:D:D

Finally some warmth here and snow is slowly melting. Just glad we don't have any rain yet or it would be really messy. Our driveway has been a skating rink for a few weeks so hopefully this week it'll get down to pavement. It was great just wearing a sweat shirt this weekend.

Have a great night all.

Good evening,
Lets see, no workout yesterday as I had that hitch in my hip (still do). Did go buy fabric for 2 new small projects. I'm almost done with the machine quilting on my quilt, couple more nights and may have it done. We'll see. Okay, today was STS Disk 9A. I went a little lighter on the deadlifts. Not sure what put the hitch in my getalong, but it's feeling better. I enjoyed the workout today. Tomorrow will be a rest day just because I like taking Monday for rest days. At this rate, it will take me 9 months to get done with STS :rolleyes:. Hey, whatever it takes. Just got back from a birthday party for my sister. She turns 49. We had lasagne made by her kids, then cake. I'm full.

Patricia, nice that you could get rid of some videos. I have my niece and her girlfriend coming over to look at my used horse tack. I'll just give it to them as I don't think I'll ever go back to riding again. I did it for 23 years actively. I'm done... I'm going to be tactful in making a list for DH. I need to make it seem beneficial to him to get it done. I can be devious, shouldn't be a problem. LOL about dragging your DH around the pool. It still is making me laugh:D:D:D!

Kim, I had no idea you were triplets!!! That is too cool!!! Can you post a picture? You are full of energy to do the running, then X-country skiing! A trip to Vegas sounds fun. I've never been there myself, but know lots of folks that have. I use the paper plates on carpet and had a little more trouble with them today, but I wasn't in my best form due to my hitchy hip. Have you settled on a vehicle yet? We are vehicle poor around here, I'm embarrassed to say how many vehicles and trailers we have. DH just seems to collect those things.:rolleyes:

Laurie, I love your kitchen and nice area to look out onto. Did you make it outside today? I sure didn't. I did a little sewing and then we went to sister's birthday party. I didn't get my Sunday bike ride in, boohoo.

Okay ladies, tomorrow's a rest day, just because...not that I deserve it, but it is Monday.

Morning!

Today was Back, Chest, Legs & Abs plus a 15 min. Jumprope Workout. The jumprope was a fun change, and my calf muscles will probably be talking to me tomorrow. :eek:

Talked to my Mom last night and she is now walking with a cane. She has a new titanium knee, and is doing her PT work. She said the worst part was having to straighten her leg. Because of the pain she was in she had not been extending it, but I'm happy to hear that she is working that out.

Kim, Oh that weekend getaway sounds like a lot of fun. We celebrated our 20th last year, and we have decided that we are going to do something special for our 25th. Oh yes Cami just loves looking out that patio door, and the fact that the sun shines through there is a bonus. One would think a black dog wouldn't want to lay in the sun, but she loves it. :D Wow you really had some great workouts on Saturday!

Patricia, Oh yes we have a riding lawnmower! It would take us forever to get the lawn done if we didn't. ;) Some of the trees that are in that part of the lawn have died (dutch elm disease), so I have to figure out what to do with all the gaps that will create. Right now faire is only workshops. We will be starting rehersals in June.

Jeanette, I made it outside for a walk and that was about it. I was busy getting some house work done. :rolleyes: It was nice and sunny, but still a little chilly. We are suppose to be heading up into the 60's today and tomorrow. Almost like a thaw for us. :D

Laurie

Just heading out to piano lessons and then will try real hard to do disc #8 before bed. Kind of dreading it!

Laurie Glad that you're mom is doing so well! Joint replacements can be such a godsend. Enjoy that warm weather, we sure are!:D

Jeanette How does that hip feel after completing disc 9? DH asked me to put in the sts leg workout that he did with me (#3) as he's going to do it while I'm at piano with dd. Remind me to post a triplet picture later as super busy week this week. I know I have a good one from last year's bday. Sounds like you had a nice family bday dinner, ours was crazy, my nephew (age 2) had some big temper tantrums and the service was horrible! You would have thought that they would want us out of there:rolleyes: Then my two kids fought the whole time in the car on the way home. I told them that I'm skipping the bday dinner next year.:rolleyes:

Patricia Is that your twin with the new GF? Has he ever marrried? The Old Spaghetti Factory is a chain, I know we ate at one in Minneapolise before. Just starting to look at vehicles, it will take us a while,we are not impulsive buyers. We did look at the Rav4 on Saturday and they are defnitely on the llist. We might do a used vehicle, we don't need it till early May when we pick up the trailer.

Kim

Morning!

Todays workout was a 20 min. TM workout (using incline), and core work. The jumprope gave me DOMS in my thutt area, so I'm happy. Work that thutt, work that thutt! :rolleyes:

Kim, Oh we will be enjoying the day today, just wish I didn't have to spend my time at work today. I don't think that we are going to have to many people around this afternoon. After all we have temps in the high 60's and it is St. Patrick's day! :eek: I predict that when I head out to the parking lot after work, that my car will be looking a little lonely! :D

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Laurie

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday as I was knodding off all day. DS ended up being restless a lot last night with a terrible cough so we ended up sleeping in until 9am. Needless to say no pre-school or work today. Darn it all and I was going to wear green:p

I made up for my rest day by doing Lean Circuit #1 (bi's and tr's) in the a.m. then did Fat Blast Challense (HIIT) in the afternoon. Tomorrow is another rest day as I'm donating blood. Gee whiz, 56 days comes around so fast.

Jeanette - did you see I joined you on your Monday rest? I like your reasoning:D I've finally have decided that it's better to do the workouts in order but necessarily be strict if one week is 7 days or 10 days. It's whatever fits in with life.

Laurie - LOL, as I was just asking DH the other day about when I can expect our riding lawn mower back in the garage. So far there are 2 ski doos and an ATV along with my car and I knew where we had the lawn mower stored for the winter wouldn't last too much longer. Sounds like I'm back to parking on the driveway by the end of the month. Hope you stretched those calf muscles really good. I find when I don't that's when my PF acts up. Hey, your Mom and I have something in common - titanium implants - I have one for my front tooth after I tried to catch a baseball several years ago.:rolleyes:

Kim - almost all the snow is gone fromt he driveway. Yippeee:):) I spent some time this afternoon chipping off the ice from the sewer grate at the foot of our driveway. I have not seen it since the fall I think:D I don't know how you parents manager more than one kid. My can be so exhausting and lately he has been fighting his bedtime where he really never has b/4. At least I don't have to put up with any sibling squabbling. Yep, my twin who has never married but always seems to be a ladies man. go figure. I've never seen the attraction:D:p Car buying is so stressful and I have to be careful not to buy the 1st one I see. I wasn't even thinking about it until DH suggested it and now I'm on the hunt:eek:

Have a good night all.

Good evening Coolers!

I just tried to put an emoticon in for Kim's Birthday and lost my entire post!! WAAAAAHHHHH!

I'm going to have to shorten this as I just got home from sewing and it's late.

Kim, happy birthday to you!!!
4.gif
Hope you really enjoyed your day today. My hip felt fine doing the leg workout, but when I rode my bike today, I could feel the tightness. It's not a disk problem or anything, it's more like a real tight muscle? above my hip on the right hand side. Not sure what's causing it. Maybe tight hamstrings? I'll have to look to see if you uploaded a triplet picture of your family. I looked yesterday and didn't see it.

Patricia, I will love to have your company on rest day Mondays! It's a little treat not having to get up so early on a work day. Hope your little guy starts feeling better soon.

Laurie, got to love those riding lawn mowers. I tend to do all the mowing around here. Doesn't take too long, but when I have to cut weeds on the property it takes much, much longer.

Okay, yesterday was my rest day, today was STS Disk 7B, which went well. I also did a walk during my break and a bike ride after work. I'm glad I rode, but I sure felt like hitting the couch for a little bit before sewing.

I need to get to bed,

Late for work so have to run. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I posted 2 pics for you, one of the triplets (it's last year's bday) and one from my living room window:D

OMW Kim - is that outdoor shot photo current? Yikes.

Loved the pic of the 3 of you. Can certainly see the resemblance. So do you each try a hairstyle out to see what looks good then the other 2 go and match it? Couldn't help but ask. :p:p One of these days I'm going to try one of these computer hairstyle website where you can take your pic and "try out" different styles to see what would suit.

At work today :( I'm all caught up so nothing urgent to do. I like having LOTS of work to do or I have a hard time getting motivated.

Take care everyone.

Morning!

Today I'm going to the gym to try out the Stepmill. Should be a different change of pace. :D

Kim, Sounds like you had a good birthday, and Happy Birthday to you. :) Loved the pics. Is that water all because of the weather you had?

Patricia, Ouch on the tooth and the baseball! I have only broken my glasses with a softball! :eek: Before we built our house I told my DH that my vehicle would never be outdoors. So that is why we have a 5 car garage. :D With the two classic cars and our camper we needed the space.

Jeanette, Last year was the first year I have gotten on the lawnmower. My oldest doesn't think she has to do anything around the house anymore. It really is getting to me, and nothing seems to motivate her to do anything. Oh wait she will attempt to unload the dishwasher and do a load of laundry when you get mad enough! Sorry to vent! :rolleyes:

Laurie

Evening Coolers

Enjoying my rest day. I'm glad I used my left arm to donate blood as it's a bit sore now for some reason. Years ago I had one bad experience with my right arm that it hurt to shift gears driving home so I always use my left arm now. This is the 1st time since then that my arm has gotten sore.

Anyhow, I'm excited to say I'm officially done with diapers for DS. He has progressed so well in the last 3 weeks in u/w with no accidents so no more pullups hear on out. He has been dry at night for I think a year or 2 just not getting it during the day. Something finally clicked at 3-3/4 years.:)

Laurie - how did you like the stepmill? I actually much prefer that over the bikes or x-trainers etc. Suppose to be great for the ole butt.:p I'm green with envy over the 5 car garage. DH and I were just discussing when we move back to the big city what our needs are and 2 car garage min. Never going back to 1:D He hasn't answered me where he is going to store all his toys yet though.

Waving hi to Jeanette and Kim

Just finished CC#3 and the yoga abs from STS.

The front street picture is from last night, things are melting a bit too quickly around here:confused:

Patricia, WOOHOO!!
icon14.gif
on the diapers, what a great accomplishment! Hope that arm feels better soon! I have copied my sister's haircuts if they get something I like

Laurie How was the stepmill?

Jeanette Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Morning!

Todays workout is Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps & Core along with 15 min of jumprope.

Today is my youngests 12th B'day, so we will be going out to Texas Roadhouse (her request) after I get my workout in. DH has to get a root canal done, so he will not be joining us. :( She requested the DVD of West Side Story, and then she gets to pick out a game for her DS.

Loved the stepmill, but I don't think my legs are to happy with me right now, so maybe the jumprope will loosen things up a bit! :rolleyes: Oh and of course the stretch! :D

Patricia, Congrats to you DS, oh the freedom that brings to your life! :D LOL! Maybe your option is a 2-1/2 car min. garage! :eek: :D

Kim, Have you gotten the colder temps like we are getting now, maybe that will slow the melting process a little bit more! How do you like the ab workouts in STS?

Laurie

I got my w/o in early so I could watch Survivor and its not on this week:( I forgot its on a special night next Wed. then back to Thurs. Oh well. I'm watching X-Weighted so hopefully it will help me with my cravings right now.

Did Lean Circuit #2 - lats/delts and back.

Laurie - I think we went to Texas Roadhouse 2x while in Florida. Do the staff line dance for peopel's B'days? So she is a teeny bopper now. Notice any change yet in attitude?:rolleyes: Hope DH is too sore. Lots and lots of ice cream is my Rx. I just remembered that my DS broke her nose playing BB while in college, so BB really has not been too kind to this family. With Natashai Richardson's death yesterday is a wonder why anyone does anytype of sport/activity.

Kim - yes, unfortunately you don't want it warm up too fast. We may get some flurries here this weekend but I'm hoping that is the last of it. Last year I remember not getting warm until May:( I'm thinking Mother Nature wouldn't be cruel 2 yrs in a row.

I printed out the 1RM worksheet and high lighted all the 5 & 4 star excercises and will start that mid-week next. I'm going to use them as my workouts and hopefully will be able to start STS shortly after that:D

Jeanette - hope you had a good day

Just finished disc 9, ds did it with me :D It felt a little easier this week.

Patricia I was disappointed that there was no Survivor tonight but it gave me time to get my workout in. I enjoy X-Weighted but only reruns lately.

Laurie Happy Birthday to your dd!!! I haven't been too crazy about any of the STS abs, I think I preferred the CoreMax workouts.

Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.