*** STS COOLERS week of Feb. 9 *****

Evenng Coolers

Finished my last w/o in CLX - Fat Burn Challenge and then did Stretch Max with the band. On to the 1rm tomorrow.:p I really want a standard BB with spring collar clips. Everything here is threaded so will go to a fitness store in T.O. on the weekend and check them out.

I did only 3 week so each phase and my eating habits when it came to candy was not great:mad: I maintained my weight if not gained maybe 2#'s but I do feel my legs and butt are tighter and I'm seeing definition in my arms. I think mainly b/c I was pushed to lift heavier then ever b/4. I have a feeling my body reponds better to heavier weights rather than the endurance type w/os that I've been doing for years so I am so looking forward to starting STS. I even signed up for the 3mo Nutrition site here b/c I really want to make a difference this year in my body shape. So far, all I can say about the Nutrition site is that it seems really SLOW:(

Kim - If you go to the Home page here there is a stat. that the average age is 44. I so rarely visit the Home page but I was bored yesterday:p I do think the younger folk enjoy the gym aspect for the social side of things. Wait until they get too busy lives that they need to fit fitness into their own schedule and not to the schedule of the gym. I think the other thing is selection up here in Canada. Unless you find out where to source DVDs on the net (I only stumbled on VF a few years ago) then what you see in the stores is all you've got.

Laurie - I enjoy Lowmax, just think the music could have been better in that one. I'm so hoping the music is fun like in SJP. I wonder if she will incorporate any band work in the HIIT? I really like it in CLX. Gets in good on the thighs.:D

Jeanette - I'm really looking forward to the travel w/o too. I've got Amy' 10min. Solution Sculpt, Tone & Reshape with the Figure 8 band. Saving up to try it when I go on vacation for 2 weeks at the cottage this summer. Wow, from being able to nap in the desert to snow. Thats a huge swing in weather. You know I think this year has been the worst for me in wanting winter to be over. I think partly due to the fact we didn't have much of a summer last year.

Anyhow, I'm pooped. Time to chill.

Busy day here at work, then piano lessons and STS #9, my triceps really felt this one. I have mixed feelings about the back/triceps because I love working triceps and hate working back:confused: Just a quick post as still feeling kind of under the weather so going to head to bed early.

Patricia I did see a weighted vest at our Walmart the other day. I got my from Costco if your looking for something without shipping costs. I figured out the 20% off, it was on the email they sent my but not the original invoice that I printed off.

We booked our Vegas weekend for April2-5 right during my recovery week :rolleyes: Actually it's the end of spring break so my MIL who is kidsitting can take the kids out to the cottage or whatever she wants and doesn't have to worry about school, piano etc.

Kim

Morning Kim - WOW, I saw the weather for your area last night and can understand your concern. :mad: Hope it all works out well for you.

Oh, yes, the flooding is just a constant source of conversation. I watch the Americain news, our national news, our local news, it's all we hear about. Many of my coworkers have got swamped basements already, our house is on high ground so we never have problems, thank goodness. Two local towns are being evacuated. Lots of sandbagging going on around the province.
We still have a winter storm warning for the next 2 days, the less precipitation at this point the better. Poor North Dakota is just getting soaked.

Did a short run on the tm and my asthma started bothering. Exercise along with a cold just don't mix well with asthma.

Just finished doing some more 1rms. Can I say just one work? BORING :p:p Just really need to do ones with a BB now. Have not decided if I'll just start on Fri. with Disc #1 or wait until Monday. We're going to the Cottage Show in T.O. on Sat. and not home until Sun. afternoon. Going to look for a BB in T.O. I've been surfing the net and no used ones around at the moment except maybe Olympic size ones.

I think tomorrow will be a rest day. Have not decided yet. Survivor is on tomorrow:D:D

Kim - glad to hear you're up high. The pics are really devastating. Take care and get some rest.

I'm close to deciding on doing the 6mo rotation but I do have a short attention span don't you know:) May be with Kim and Jeanette also doing the extended rotation they can keep in on board with it too.:D

Have a nice night all.

Hi Coolers,
Yesterday was my rest day, today was STS Disk #10A (finally double digits). Boy, I sure worked to failure on some of the shoulder work. The mind was willing, but the shoulders just wouldn't move! Tonite was sewing at Mom's. I am about 1/2 way hand sewing the binding. Tomorrow will be golf, if the weather allows.

I had DH rub some Ben Gay (that's all we had) on my hip last evening. I slept on the heating pad all night and woke up feeling better than I had in a while. By the end of today, the hitch was gone! No more pain! I just had him put some Icy Heat on it again and will sleep on the heating pad again.

Patricia, Survivor is on Wednesday night? I'll have to look. I want to see how our arrogant Coach does. Those 1rm's are kind of boring. You're doing well though. If you do the 3 monther, you will soon pass me. My progress seems sooooo slow! Heck there are people in Meso 3 already. I still have 1 1/2 more weeks of Meso 1. Yep, get the BB with the clips. Don't get what I have with the twisting the nut on. Of course, I use that as an excuse to pause the DVD.

Kim, I haven't watched the news at all to see the flooding. Hope you are out of any danger. Vegas should be lots of fun for you. Wish I was going. I've never been there. Our vacations are usually more of the camping type.... where I have to do dishes and clean and cook. Hmmmm, not much of a vacation is it? How is your cold? How did you like Disk #10? My shoulders gave out by the last few reps. Wonder if I'll be sore tomorrow.

Laurie, when you jump rope, do you have headphones on? Can you do that fancy boxer stuff? Do you sing the theme from Rocky? How's your dress coming?

Must run,

Well Jeanette - you're not missng anything if you're not watching Survivor tonight - it's just a re-cap from the previous episodes.:( Oh well, gives me extra time to surf:p

My rest day today and some sort of step cardio tomorrow.

Jeanette - good to hear that some ice/heat is helping. LOL about the threaded bar. I'm pretty sure that's the type I threw out last year. Hope you got your golf game in.

Kim - are you up to your ankles in water yet? Hope not. I see where N.D. is getting hit.

Hope all is well with you Laurie

Hmm, maybe we should start a new thread or wait for April?

I wondered if Survivor was just the recap one, I taped it as dd had her dance recital maybe I won't bother watching it then. I'm feeling much better, that was a very fierce short lived cold.

Nope, not ankle deep in water but about knee deep in snow. We're going into the third day of a winter storm (it's not a blizzard but a winter storm :rolleyes:) which is slowing down the melt which is good. But it's freezing the sand bags which is bad. Also causing ice jams in the river which is extremely bad, and two more communities had to be evacuated unexpectedly because the ice jams caused the river to overflow it's banks in a spot that is usually protected by the floodway.

Driving home I got stuck in the parking lot of the school, got pushed out by a kid's dad, then got stuck in the street in front of our house, neighbour snow blowed out the area, to get me out, car slid down the driveway. Finally got to the house, and found the front door lock iced closed :rolleyes:

Fargo, North Dakota has been declared a national disaster by the US President. Who the heck builds cities on a flood plains anyways?? This is an annual thing just some years are worse than others.

Yeah, on the hip feeling better Jeanette!!! I did sts #12 today, which I found a little easier than the other leg workouts and the pilate abs. Enjoy that golf game.

Patricia, the 1RMs are very boring but it's so useful to have them done. I sort of wish I did them a little more carefully. Should we start a new thread on April1st?

Waving to Laurie! Kim

Morning!

Sorry to be MIA for a couple of day, just busy here at work. This morning was 20 min. of jumprope, and I'm improving everytime. After work will be Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps and Core.

Oldest DD came in first in the 800M and the 4x4 relay team came in first also. She was the first runner, so her night was great. Coaches said she is getting great times for the beginning of the season.:D

Tomorrow I'm taking a half day of vacation to get ready for a 16th b'day party for my DD. Here friends will be at our house that night.:eek:

Patricia, Congrats on finishing CLX! When I finally start STS, it will be a 3mo rotation, since oldest DD will be joining me. I don't know if I could take a 6mo. one. :D

Kim, I'm hoping that the weather gets better, can understand your concern though. We have one river in our area that is already flooding, but so far isn't causing home flooding yet. We are suppose to get a blast of snow too, I figured that would happen since March came in like a lamb! :D How terrible that you had so many problems just getting yourself home! :(

Jeanette, No headphones yet while jumping yet, I'm getting myself an I-Pod. :D That is what my Christmas money is for, I just have not gone shopping for it yet. My youngest has enough money for her own, so we will go shopping together. Probably when they are on spring break! LOL about the Rocky theme! I don't feel like Rocky yet, just wait until I can do the fast jumprope for one full minute. So far I have to stop at least once during that min. :(

Laurie

Evening All

Took DS to his swimming lessons tonight then home and got my w/o in. I did LIS - cardio timesaver about 48mins then my new DVD from Beach Body arrived today - Debbie Sieber's Total Body Solution - its suppose to help for neck and shoulder issues. So I did that too - about 20min or little drills to work the smaller muscles of the neck and back.

Laurie - a house full of giggling teenagers this weekend. Can you even understand what they say. I swear they speak a whole new language. Wait to go on 20min of jumping. I've tried it on and off over the years. Where did the energy go from the school playground park when you could skip for hours?

Kim - Gee Whiz what a day for you. Did you even bother to get out of bed today:(:D Hope it went better today. I'm thinking of trying Disk 1 tomorrow, then I'll have the weekend to recover.:D:p Might help me to decide how soon I need a BB. I'm reading that maybe its not really need until close to Meso 3.

Jeanette - hope you're having a good day.

Night all.

Hi girls,
Yesterday was a mix of Low Impact Circuit step cardio and Step Blast, then STS Yoga abs. Today was STS Disk 11A Back and Triceps. Really worked to failure on quite a few so think I have the weights dialed in close. I'm going to have to buy some 30# DB's I see, as I was using my 25# plus platemates for rows and deadlifts.

Tomorrow DH and I are going to Reno to stay with DS and I'm also playing golf in the afternoon, then all of us going out to dinner at Claim Jumpers. Monday, my sister, Mom and I are hitting the fabric shop again for sister to pick out material for a new quilting project. I finished my quilt this evening. I'll post a picture in the next few days.

Patricia, good for you for working those smaller muscles to help stay injury free. My hip was pretty good for 2 days, then today I felt it a bit. Does your little guy like the water?

Laurie, I'd like to get an Ipod too. My little then cheapo mp3 player seems like it could fail any time. Your DD is a good runner, maybe she'll get a scholarship?

Kim, I watched the Survivor recap. Wonder if Coach goes next time. When are you leaving for your trip? Will you work out while you are gone? Glad to hear the leg workout isn't too bad. I hear they get worse in the next meso.

Tomorrow is cardio and abs. Not sure what I'll pick out. I usually just stare at my collection for a while before settling on something.

Yesterday was 4DS kickboxing/cardio quick fix and today I'm starting the last week of Meso1 ! Planning to do a tm run! Got some exercise pushing cars yesterday, I got stuck twice. One time I got stuck it was avoiding my neighbour who was stuck so then we had to push each other out. :rolleyes:

Netta We leave next thursday and I won't workout as it will be my recovery week. Hopefully lots of walking. Disc 11 sure gets the triceps!

Patricia Did you finish all those 1RMs?? I never heard of that dvd but it's a great idea!

Laurie Congrats to your dd! What are the kids doing at your place for the party, watching movies or anything?

Busy day today, with errands, workout, ds has dr appt, and babysitting my little nephews this evening.

Morning!

Today was 25 min on the TM and Core work. Only a half day today and will be heading to Walmart to get the party supplies. After this post I need to make sure I have a list, otherwise I will forget something important! :D

Patricia, LOL! I think all teenagers speak in text now! :eek: LOL I know what you mean about the jumping, I used to jumprope as a kid non stop. In fact we had contest to see who could last the longest! Guess the added weight might be the culprit! Or inactivity! :D

Jeanette, Have a great time at Claim Jumpers. I will have to get my picks up of my overskirt. Of course when I get the time! This weekend is going to be way busy. Sounds like you have a jam pack weekend ahead of you too. :D Contrats on having to get the 30lb weights!

Kim, From what I understand the kids play cards, watch movies and they have the music! We don't have a wii or anything like that. Guess we are in the stone ages, but we have board games! I will let them use their minds a little! ;) Your getting a workout just getting these cars out of the snow! ;)

Laurie

Morning All

Just checking in now as we've decided to drive down to T.O. tonight and stay at my sisters rather than drive tomorrow. So no w/o for me. If I'd known that I would have done a circuit w/o. Oh well.

I see I mistyped my w/o yesterday. It should have read LIC. I must have been channeling Jeneatte:p

Kim - I'm so surprised you went out yesterday. I bet you were wishing you didn't have to after getting stuck. YUCK. I didn't do any 1RMs for legs and didn't do any for the BB. Figured I would just wing it especially since I've now decided to do the extended rotation. TBS is a fairly new DVD - sometime last year. I do seem to have a large collection of BeachBody products now:D

Jeanette - looking forward to a final pic of the quilt. I'm sure you got a lot of satisfaction out of completing it. Time just seemed to fly by in getting it done. I love the name of Claim Jumpers. It sounds like a fun restaurant. Hearing you're wanting 30# weights make me feel justified in buying my SelectTechs:D That's great you're increasing in strength. I really feel between CLX and STS these programs are showing us that we've been wimps in what we've been lifting and that the endurance type w/o's are probably not the best way to go. DS loves the water but is also timid with it. He loves standing and splashing in it but to get imersed into it he is still wary. He loves being held and dragged around the pool and will kick his feet but no paddling action yet. We're starting a new round of lessons next week so all in good time.:) Keep up with that BenGay on the hip. I'm finding taking Advil and some cooling lotion on my shoulder everyday has really helped.

Laurie - I think this weekend will be a workout all on its own if exhaustion is a measurement of how your feel come Sunday:cool: Its funny about not having a Wii and playing cards b/c my DH was adamant that our cottage would not have a t.v.. Well, we have a t.v. and he keeps his playstation there. So much for the board games. For the last few months I've been playing Go Fish and Concentration with DS. Its been fun to play games with him that we played as kids. I LOVE playing cards. With 7 people in our house it was never hard to find players.:D Of course, growing up we only had 3 t.v. channels and no video games.:D My, how times have changed.

Okay, I don't have access to a computer after today so will pop back in on Sunday.

Have a nice weekend and hope you survive Laurie.:)

It's Spring Break!!:D:D:D

Got my 5 miles down on the tm this afternoon, took ds to the dr's ( he went in by himself for the first time) Didn't have to babysit for my sister as she called and her and her husband had a big fight and they weren't going out.:rolleyes:

Laurie Hope your dd enjoys the party and that you survive it!

Patricia Oh it takes more than a winter storm to slow down prairies folks. Hope you have a great weekend in TO.
Kim

Did disc #10 (hopefully that's the end of the pushups ) and the stability ball abs.

Going to go car shopping after lunch. Have a good Saturday! How did the party go Laurie??

Hi Coolers,
DH and I had a nice time in Reno. I played golf yesterday. He drove. I had a few stellar moments, but lots of not so good ones LOL. We had a nice time out at Claim Jumpers. I had the macadamia encrusted halibut. Yummy! Today was breakfast at a friend's house, then on to watch DS's girlfriend ride a couple new horses her mom bought. I'm sunburned on my arms, it was so nice. Guess my Banana Boat sunscreen is old and didn't work well. Also made a Costco run. Tomorrow is a bike ride in the morning if not too windy. Will do my leg workout on Monday. Usually MOnday is my rest day, but I don't have to work so I can sleep in a bit.

I posted a couple finished quilt pictures in my album.

Kim, did you buy a car? Ut, oh on the big fight with your sister and DH. Oh, I don't miss those days earlier in my marriage. Hope you aren't getting stuck anymore. I take it you are stuck in snow/slush? That slush is bad.

Patricia, I posted final pics of the quilt. I'm going to start another one soon. Yep, we are capable of lifting a lot more than we have. I'm just so afraid of hurting myself, plus I'm a leetle bit on the lazy side. Okay, a lot on the lazy side LOL! Glad your little guy likes the water. My nephew fought the water for years, now he's a fish, I was so surprised to see him this last year really enjoying it! I would never have thought.

Laurie, how was the teen party? Well at least the cops aren't having to get called for the parties you have.

Must go now,

Did a 4 mile run this morning with my 2 friends, ds decided to come with me. He listened to his mp3 player so he didn't have to talk with all the old ladies :rolleyes: but he did great with the running.

Jeanette Sounds like you had a nice trip to Reno! A sunburn, goodness, it's getting warm down there. How come no work tomorrow?? After 3 weekends of shopping still no new vehicle, but maybe tomorrow. We pretty sure we're going to get the Hyundai Santa Fe but wanted one more day to think about it. The plowed the streets so no more getting stuck.

Will have to go check out your pics.
Kim

Evening Coolers

Boy, busy weekend but had fun. Drove down to my sisters Fri. night then up early to meet in-laws at the cottage show. DS had eyes only for climibing on the boats. He wants to know why we don't have a big boat like Poppa? We only have a 14ft aluminum at the moment and he wants one with a steering wheel. All in good time:p Got to a fitness store and bought a BB along with 45#'s of weight. Just need to p/u 2.5# plates at Walmart. I got 10s 7.5s & 5s. Stayed at a hotel then off to visit with friends who bought a new "old" house and wanted DH to inspect it. Lets just say we would never have bought it. Made in the 50's and never anything done to it. All pink porcelain bath fixture. Need I say more?:D Of course had to stop in at Bass Pro then we dropped by The Lazy Boy store and finally found 2 arm chairs that we liked. So bought them and need to have them shipped up here now. We've been looking for a couple years and just couldn't find what we liked.

Got home around 6:30 and started the laundry and got DS his bath then had time to do Disc 1. Boy I did enjoy it and I can see why repeating each week is beneficial. I couldn't find my w/o card that I printed so updated my actual weights and reps online. You just don't get anywhere to make notes like on paper. So I also got to try out my new BB. The BB alone weights 12#s:) and uses a spin lock mech to hold the plates. So not threaded with a collar but not the spring clips either. Takes a bit to get used to switching up the plates but fun.

Kim - what, you got out of the showroom with out signing on the dotted line. Good for you.:D I have a friend when he buys a car doesn't leave the salesman's office until he gets the price that he wants. I always feel sorry for the salesman. Wait to go on the run. My SIL ran 30km around the Hamilton Bay today in the rain and it was cold. NO THANKYOU. Give me the nice dry environment of the indoors. Too bad on the argument. There must be something in the air as last weekend my sister calls me about her 1st serious argument with her SO in the 10yrs they've been together. Just hoping they resolve it as I don't think they could find anyone to put up with either one of them. So whats the plan for next week? Do you think you won't have any problems flying to LV next week?

Jeanette - loved the pics of the quilt, even with Tilly in the one. If I had to have a dog it would have to be small like that. The slogan in our house is: Dogs Drool, Cats Rule:D:D You've been busy this weekend. Yeah, I always wonder how long creams and such last. I guess getting the sun burn told you:p Hey, I just want enough sun to be able to be worried about getting a sunburn. Dinner sounds delish. I try to eat fish when I'm out as I don't cook it very much but I'm now trying to get it in about 2x a week. Is Monday your "forced" day off for the month? I was thinking it was Fridays though.

Laurie - let us know you survived the weekend.

Take care all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.