STS Check In DISC 3...LEGS

No worries Iris. As long as you are still getting a challenging workout, continue to make any necessary adjustments. As far as the paper plates on the basement floor, try buying a carpet remnant to put your plate on for those segements. I have seen carpet pieces on sale here at a local carpet store for $4.99 (for a 6 foot by 2 foot piece). Good luck with everything!

Disc 3 done. I must say I was a little intimidated by this workout. I had to do quite a bit of modifying, especially with the paper plates. They just would not slide on my basement floor. I still feel like I got a good workout, even without the paper plates. Another awesome workout :)

All in good time Kim! That range of motion is a lot at first. Once you get stronger and learn to trust the depth due to acclimating to the actual sliding motion itself, you will get deeper. Hang in there :)

Hi! I've been around, posting here and there. I love the paper plate exercises too. I just wish I could get deeper!!

I"m a day behind (sinus issues) but I did disc6 legs Saturday and I'm still sore this morning! As another poster said these are tough workouts but knowing I"m only doing 1 set before moving on to the next exercise makes it easier to push myself. The wall squats w/let extention was the hardest for me, no balance and I wanted to give up but I didn't, if I couldn't extend my leg I just stayed in the down postion until Cathe came back up. I"m really liking the paper plate exercises, when I first saw them on youtube I thought no way my knees can handle them but suprising I"m not having knee issues and I think its because I"m going at my own speed (and not watching the TV) and really focusing on the muscles working. I do not place the weights on the floor though, I just keep them in my hands. I can't believe as of today I"m on week 3 already!!

I am posting late on this workout. DH and I did Disc 3 yesterday. We are both having a hard time sitting down and standing up today!! I am definitely sore, but in a good way (I think)!!
One place I am sore that I didn't expect to be are my wrist flexors. I can hardly extend my wrists today! I guess it is from holding heavier dumbbells throughout the workout. Is anyone using Versa grips or something similar?
I loved this leg workout!!!

I was a little late performing this workout, but I completed it today. The time seemed to just fly by!! I enjoyed the creativity & flow of this workout. I must admit that after reading everyone's posts on Disc 3, I was very nervous about doing the workout, and (admittedly) procrastinated a bit before making the commitment to get it done. Well, it wasn't as bad as I'd built it up in my mind to be. I especially liked the challenge of the stability exercises, such as the wall squats with picking up the weights. I'll need to give that exercise another go sometime this week :). The paper plates were also a blast!!! I polished the workout off with the bonus exercises and 5 minutes of stability ball abs.

Another A+ workout from the STS series. Now, I have to get back on track with week 2's workouts...Bring it on!

Last edited:
I just completed Disc 3, well not actually completed cuz I could not do many of the lunges. I modified it quite a bit due to I'm very overweight and I had knee surgery last year and the knee is just not the same. On the wall squats where you do a leg extension, the bad knee could not support the opposite leg lift. But... I did what I could and I plan on keep doing what I can and it will take a lot longer but I'll get there.

I didn't mind the wall squats as much as I HATED the front lunge with the leg extension...where does Cathe come up with this stuff!?! I purposely went light with my weights today because my legs get DOMS very easily, especially with anything new, but I'm starting to feel it coming anyway. When Cathe said during the paper plate exercises to do it with no weight if it's your first time, I GLADLY put my dumbbells down! :eek:

I'm looking forward to doing Disc 1, 2 and 3 again though...they're fantastic workouts!!!

Well, I am not sure if I am the only one who is currently doing STS or is there another thread to post check ins, but I'm gonna continue posting here... like the last mohican :)
I did disc 3 today for the first time. I found it to be quite challenging on my heart - surprise surprise, and I had to pause here and there to catch my breath. I did fine on the paper plates, they are new exercises to me, never done them before, so I used 5 lbs weights, which felt baby weight, but then again, Stewart is using 5s too, so there :). I liked the bonus section. It looked hard when I first watched it, but it was doable. I like how Cathe kept just the girls for that.... :) no more comments there.
When I finished I did 30 min Low Intensity Step from 4DS. I dont know if I am sending mixed messages to my body but I just felt like doing it. So far I feel great.. we'll see how I'm gonna get out of bed tomorrow morning. Hopefully not too much DOMS. I'm gonna have a whey protein shake right now and take advantage of my thirsty muscles and feed them properly.
Thats that.. before I know it, week one is over.
What do you know.. good stuff. Loving it: Krasy

Well, I am not sure if I am the only one who is currently doing STS or is there another thread to post check ins, but I'm gonna continue posting here... like the last mohican :)

I'm right behind you Krassy.

I Disc 3 last night and I really enjoyed this workout! I didn't do 1RMs for the lower body, so I will try to up my weights next time or try to get the 1RMs done to take full advantage of the lower body workouts - since legs are my trouble spot. I am enjoying STS and am looking forward to the next STS workout on Thursday - Wednesday's are my off days.

I also enjoy the fact that no matter what we're doing, it's never for very long. It makes it *easier* - I use that word very lightly - to give your best effort!

Maria

I'm right behind you Krassy.

I Disc 3 last night and I really enjoyed this workout! I didn't do 1RMs for the lower body, so I will try to up my weights next time or try to get the 1RMs done to take full advantage of the lower body workouts - since legs are my trouble spot. I am enjoying STS and am looking forward to the next STS workout on Thursday - Wednesday's are my off days.

I also enjoy the fact that no matter what we're doing, it's never for very long. It makes it *easier* - I use that word very lightly - to give your best effort!

Maria
Hi Maria,
Well, its two of us now :) thats nice to know! I stopped posting here.. somehow everything's been said and done by the people before me and I cant seem to add anything significant. But anyway, I did disc 7 yesterday, its the beginning of the third week already and I cant believe how time flies. The workouts are difficult but doable. Legs are the hardest for me, and not because my legs cant endure, its the cardio factor. I just read a thread today about legs in meso 2 which sounds troublesome.... but we are still here, lets not worry about tomorrow and live for today! :)
I am not seeing any results so far, aside from doms (not that unbearable) and some water retention and 2-3 lbs weight increase. I keep telling myself its too early in the program for me to make any serious judgement, but I wish it was different. My eating is not very clean.. not clean at all, and I guess thats my undoing. In a way I am sabotaging my great efforts in the gym. But I cant seem to be able to make any more additional changes for now - my body demands food and I try to listen to it.
I'd be glad to read your about your experience, share any thoughts you might have.
How old are you? I am 39 soon to be 40 and have about 35lbs to lose.
Best of luck: Krasy

Hey Krasy,

I just finished Week 1. I actually have the opposite problem as you - my legs tire out before I get winded cardiovascularly. I am doing the STS + cardio rotation. Today was Drill Max scrambled cardio. That was a tough workout. I didn't have much DOMs today from STS Disc 3. That actually had me concerned. I didn't do the 1RM for legs so maybe I went to light?? I will go heavier next week. I am 36. I don't have much weight to lose. Ten pounds at the most. I had a baby a year ago and am just trying to get somewhat of a resemblance of my pre-baby body back. Good luck to you with STS. I will be following right behind you.

Maria

Maria, Give me an example, how heavy are you lifting for legs? Like lunges, squats, deadlifts, etc? I remember having serious doms from doing the 1RM for the legs.... :) and after disc 3 too. Disc 6 - still, but not as bad. After 3 I was walking like a penguin for two days after, and 6 was kind of ok. I am doing lunges with 21lbs, deadlifts and squats with 28, static lunges and wall squats with 13. The paper plates are new to me so I do it with 5 and dont go as deep, but I think I'll go heavier next time.
I've never done scrambled cardio from drill max, did you like it? And when you say cardio rotation, do you do 3 days of STS and 3 days of cardio (an hour-ish each), or do you do additional cardio?
Krasy

Maria, Give me an example, how heavy are you lifting for legs? Like lunges, squats, deadlifts, etc? I remember having serious doms from doing the 1RM for the legs.... :) and after disc 3 too. Disc 6 - still, but not as bad. After 3 I was walking like a penguin for two days after, and 6 was kind of ok. I am doing lunges with 21lbs, deadlifts and squats with 28, static lunges and wall squats with 13. The paper plates are new to me so I do it with 5 and dont go as deep, but I think I'll go heavier next time.
I've never done scrambled cardio from drill max, did you like it? And when you say cardio rotation, do you do 3 days of STS and 3 days of cardio (an hour-ish each), or do you do additional cardio?
Krasy

I am doing the STS/cardio rotation Cathe put together in the workout manager. It is STS and a cardio workout alternated - Day 1 weights, Day 2 cardio, etc. I downloaded it to the calendar - not sure how strictly will stick to the cardio suggestions yet - so far so good though. For Legs, I did, for the most part it looks like, 2-15 lb dumbells - unless the exercise called for one - with the exception of the plate exercises where i used eights. On the squat exercises I also used a 12-lb weighted vest. I should have done the 1RM I'm sure it would have been more beneficial. I did them for upper body exercises I ran out of time to do them for legs. Maybe i will do them tonight - even though it is supposed to be a rest day. Worst case I will do them before Meso 2 during the rest week to prepare myself for that stage. Good luck with Disc 8.

the day after

OMG...I just finished the first week..I felt the first two workouts a little, but I really feel my leggs and buttocks...especially my buttocks..so far I am loving it..I have been watching my diet for over a month and eating very clean.I have lost 2 pounds so far this week. I'm so excited, I can't wait for the next week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.